Is there a Login Counter available?

The stats in the dashboard are quite good, as are the site stats on the home page, but they don't show the number of members who actually login on a daily, weekly, monthly or annual basis.

The Webalizer stats in CPanel are full of back-door Bots and the like and it's difficult to work out what's what.

We'd just like to know how many members actually login during a given period. We don't want to know who, or for how long, but it would be nice to see how busy the site is.

Am I missing something, or haven't these stats been included? If not, does anyone know of a module that does it?

Quote · 3 Mar 2018

Well it is not a counter but in the admin page under members you can look at the last activity? Least it will show you who login your site.

Quote · 4 Mar 2018

Thanks @TruckingSpace, but I'm looking for a counter that actually counts logins and records them. Most out there do far too much and slow the site down. Dolphin's Growth Charts on the Dashboard are very comprehensive, but they don't cover member's site visits which is a real shame. 

Quote · 4 Mar 2018

I'm still searching and I think I'm almost to the point where I can produce this myself.

In the meantime, I've just posted a Profile Visits counter which keeps a record of visits to each profile. I think it's a nice little feature active members will appreciate.

https://www.boonex.com/forums/topic/Profile-Visits-View-Counter.htm

Quote · 5 Mar 2018

If you just need a simple Logins Today count to show up in the Site Stat block on the home page, and in the stats content block in the admin dashboard then just add a new entry to the site stats table in the database.

Run this query in phpMyAdmin.

INSERT INTO `sys_stat_site` (`Name`, `Title`, `UserLink`, `UserQuery`, `AdminLink`, `AdminQuery`, `IconName`) VALUES
('lot', 'logins_today', '', 'SELECT COUNT(`ID`) FROM `sys_ip_members_visits` WHERE `DateTime` >= now() - INTERVAL 1 DAY;', '', '', 'user');

Then create a new language key of _logins_today with a value of Logins Today.

Clear dolphins cache and your new stat item should show up.

NOTE: In order for this to work, user ip tracking has to be enabled. It is by default, but it should be checked. That setting is in admin->Tools->IP Blacklist->Settings.

Anything that can be obtained using a simple MySql query can be added to the stats block.

https://www.deanbassett.com
Quote · 6 Mar 2018

Hey Deano, where have you been?  We miss you around here.  Don't mean to hijack this thread but what are your intentions with upgrading your modules?

Geeks, making the world a better place
Quote · 6 Mar 2018

Hey Deano, where have you been?  We miss you around here

I'll second that! Smile

It's really great to see you back here again, Deano!

7.3.5 with responsive UNI
Quote · 6 Mar 2018

I intend to get back into it.

Been dealing with a lot of personal and financial problems.

Due to my work schedule i will most likely have to cut way back on the number of modules i maintain, but i will be trying to get some of them upgraded.

https://www.deanbassett.com
Quote · 7 Mar 2018

@geekgurl, I don't consider it hijacking because it's exactly the same question I was also about to ask Deano:

Hi Deano and welcome back. You have been sorely missed. I regularly use your snippet contributions to add to my site, particularly the two column checkboxes which work like a charm.

Once again, this most recent contribution also works perfectly,  (see attachment (1)) but it's not what I'm actually looking for.

I'd like something that only Admin sees and logically, the best place for that would be an addition to the Growth Charts on the Dashboard (also see attachment (2)).

As this may involve a lot of work, the option I had in mind was a PHP block on Admin's Account Page (attachment 3).

I had a go at it, but I'm no longer bright enough at 76 hazy years to get it all together. If you feel up to giving it a kick start with, say stats for the day, I can probably finish it from there and prepare a tutorial.

Best wishes and great to see you back.

John

1 Visitors Today.jpg · 17.6K · 175 views
2 Growth Chart.jpg · 18.2K · 190 views
Quote · 7 Mar 2018

Below is the legacy version of the Boonex site, maintained for Dolphin.Pro 7.x support.
The new Dolphin solution is powered by UNA Community Management System.