Join Doesn't Work Any More

A few weeks ago I noticed that I wasn't getting any new members.  I tried joining and found my site would take a long time and then just refresh to a blank white join.php page.

I tried a few things, and finally got it to work after removing the Captcha.

It then worked for a few weeks until yesterday.

I've just got it to work again by now removing the Terms of Use.

But what's next.  Eventually all that will be left is the username.

Anybody got any ideas on what's going on here?????

(Problem 11 since the upgrade to 7.0.1)

No Signature at this time.
Quote · 31 May 2010

LOL. Only eleven? Yer doin good little grasshopper

http://towtalk.net ... Hosted by Zarconia.net!
Quote · 31 May 2010

Like I said before, I got the join to work again by removing Terms of Use.

However, it still takes a long time to join.

When you have entered all the info and click on join now, it takes like 30 seconds to go to the avatar page.

Before it only took about 3-5 seconds.

Any ideas on what could cause this?

Quote · 1 Jun 2010

I suspect there's something wrong with your database.

Quote · 1 Jun 2010

Now members cannot join at all, no matter how many join fields I remove.

This is nice.  250 new members a day, and now nobody can join.

Quote · 1 Jun 2010

Any error message?

Quote · 1 Jun 2010

No, the join page just goes completely blank ...white and blank.

Quote · 1 Jun 2010

If anybody wants to try... you can try to join at http://www.ustillup.com/join.php

There are only a few fields available so it only takes seconds to join.

Quote · 1 Jun 2010

No, the join page just goes completely blank ...white and blank.

What about emails?

BoonEx Certified Host: Zarconia.net - Fully Supported Shared and Dedicated for Dolphin
Quote · 1 Jun 2010

If anybody wants to try... you can try to join at http://www.ustillup.com/join.php

There are only a few fields available so it only takes seconds to join.

There is no hope for TheItalianStallion. The join process did not complete.

Hm. Have you tried re-uploading a fresh copy of the join.php file?

BoonEx Certified Host: Zarconia.net - Fully Supported Shared and Dedicated for Dolphin
Quote · 1 Jun 2010

I'm not getting any emails either right now... something is really screwed up.

I keep deleting all the emails in my Queue but when I log into my admin again there is tens of thousands every single time.

Quote · 1 Jun 2010

Okay, I will try uploading a new join.php file.

Quote · 1 Jun 2010

Very weird. It's like a permission issue. Have you tried switching the site back to the default skin and see if it works then?

Also, tens of thousands of emails? I'd be interested in what the content of those emails was

http://towtalk.net ... Hosted by Zarconia.net!
Quote · 1 Jun 2010

Here's the code from the result page.

<!DOCTYPE HTML PUBLIC "-//W3C//DTD HTML 4.0 Transitional//EN">
<HTML><HEAD>
<META c alt="text/html; charset=gb2312" http-equiv=Content-Type></HEAD>
<BODY></BODY></HTML>

Quote · 1 Jun 2010

<HTML><HEAD>
<BODY></BODY></HTML>

Informative. Also, are you copying my avatar style?

Quote · 1 Jun 2010

Yeah, just tried that.  Template doesn't seem to matter.

I will try the join.php new file now.

Quote · 1 Jun 2010

<HTML><HEAD>
<BODY></BODY></HTML>

It appeared everything was missing. Base template screwed up?

On the other hand, apparently my avatar is better than yours.

Quote · 1 Jun 2010

<HTML><HEAD>
<BODY></BODY></HTML>

Nothing can top Sean Lennon. I believe you are horribly mistaken.

Quote · 1 Jun 2010

Tried adding a new join.php file  but this did not work.

Quote · 1 Jun 2010

Tried adding a new join.php file  but this did not work.

Try replacing /inc/classes/BxDolJoinProcessor.php.

Quote · 1 Jun 2010

<HTML><HEAD>
<BODY></BODY></HTML>

Nothing can top Sean Lennon. I believe you are horribly mistaken.

The Son of Man makes you wonder.

Quote · 1 Jun 2010

Nope, no luck with that either.  This is crazy.

Quote · 1 Jun 2010

Nope, no luck with that either.  This is crazy.

You have to delete the cache after replacing BxDolJoinProcessor.php.

Quote · 1 Jun 2010

sorry, still nothing.

Quote · 1 Jun 2010

You must have turned error reporting off, if you get a blank white page.  You should turn it back on to get some clue as to what's happening.

My opinions expressed on this site, in no way represent those of Boonex or Boonex employees.
Quote · 1 Jun 2010

Not that I know of...how do I turn on error reporting?

Quote · 1 Jun 2010

It should be on by default.  Make sure you don't have a line like this in /inc/header.inc.php

error_reporting(0);

My opinions expressed on this site, in no way represent those of Boonex or Boonex employees.
Quote · 1 Jun 2010

It looks okay in inc/header.inc.php ... there is no zero for error_reporting

Quote · 1 Jun 2010

It looks okay in inc/header.inc.php ... there is no zero for error_reporting

I am surprised that your cron daemon doesn't send you anything.

What does your cron job look like?

Quote · 1 Jun 2010

Unable to create lock file: No space left on device Failed to start up concurrent users module!

Quote · 1 Jun 2010

Unable to create lock file: No space left on device Failed to start up concurrent users module!

2 possible causes for Linux server

1. Out of disk quota
  2. Out of inode
Quote · 1 Jun 2010

So that means this is a server issue and not a software issue...???

Quote · 1 Jun 2010

So that means this is a server issue and not a software issue...???

That looks like it. Can't you take a look at your hosting control panel to see if you are out of storage (space & inode)?

Quote · 1 Jun 2010

Nothing is full from what I can see... however, my hosting company recently put my databases on a separate server because they were taking up so much room.  They told me that now they would have lots of room.

Quote · 1 Jun 2010

Nothing is full from what I can see... however, my hosting company recently put my databases on a separate server because they were taking up so much room.  They told me that now they would have lots of room.

Is there any way you can check the remaining inodes (number of files and directories)?

Quote · 1 Jun 2010

Server Status Service Details Status cpanellogd up named up pop up ftpd up spamd up imap up exim (exim-4.69-23.1_cpanel_maildir) up cpsrvd up syslogd up httpd (2.0.63) up queueprocd up mysql (5.0.90-community) up exim-250 up sshd up Server Load 4.95 (4 cpus) Memory Used 85.8 % Swap Used 35.87 % Disk /usr/tmpDSK (/tmp) 27 % Disk /dev/sda1 (/boot) 25 % Disk /dev/sda3 (/) 85 %

Is one of these numbers the one?

Quote · 1 Jun 2010

Since you just did a recent transfer to a different server like I just did.  I wonder if all of your links were updated in the transfer.  I had all kind of issues about that not happening.......BUT my HOST Understands Dolphin and fixed them all after three resets as you already know there are hundreds of links and Ill bet you have some paths not pointed in the right spot........IMHO

Csampson
Quote · 1 Jun 2010

Sorry, I don't know how to check the remaining inodes.

Quote · 1 Jun 2010

Sorry, I don't know how to check the remaining inodes.

Wish I could help you but that is why I chose DosDog to handle my site so things like this don't happen yous site looks like it is very busy and I tried to Join with FB connect but ALL WHITE>>>>>

Csampson
Quote · 1 Jun 2010

Yeah,  I guess I will have to contact my hosting company tomorrow.  I'm paying a nice price for a full managed private server, so I hope they can help with this.  They aren't answering tickets right now, but hopefully tomorrow.

I put a message on my join page that says we are not accepting any new members until June 1st, 2010...so hopefully this problem is resolved tomorrow.

Quote · 1 Jun 2010

Yeah,  I guess I will have to contact my hosting company tomorrow.  I'm paying a nice price for a full managed private server, so I hope they can help with this.  They aren't answering tickets right now, but hopefully tomorrow.

I put a message on my join page that says we are not accepting any new members until June 1st, 2010...so hopefully this problem is resolved tomorrow.

Jason you need someone who is going to be there at any given time like right now DosDawg has the best deal out there as he has cloud hosting as well......But most important he understands Dolphin in a HUGE way and he has a team to support him you really should give him a call or try as this would never be an issue for you and in my world what you are facing is the WORST possible thing short of being down.......If you don't mind I will have him shoot you a message to discuss......He can help you with your current issue as well the guy loves what he does......

Csampson
Quote · 1 Jun 2010

FYI.........FaceBook connect is working........or at least no more white screen......

Csampson
Quote · 1 Jun 2010

I guess it's time to get rid of this software.

Too bad, cause I've had almost 25,000 sign up in the last few months.

But now nobody can join.

My hosting company insists that:

Your quotas are disabled and you have unlimited space. The server the cronjobs runs on has quite a bit of free space right now, and the storage system for the whole server is nowhere near full.

But I get this message sent to my email (Cron Daemon):

Quote · 1 Jun 2010

Join form  seems to be working just fine for me...    i can log in and use the system as i like so you must have gotten it fixed or it just likes me.

https://dolphin-techs.com - Skype: Dolphin Techs
Quote · 1 Jun 2010

Hey,

I went to moderation settings in the admin and removed: "Automatic Profile Confirmation without Confirmation Email."

And now it seems to work, although I don't want members to have to confirm with their email.

Hmmmm...I wonder if this at least narrows down the problem.

I was playing with absolutely everything in the admin and finally this seemed to work.

However, when I checked this box again and saved, the old problem reappeared.

Quote · 1 Jun 2010

Hey,

I went to moderation settings in the admin and removed: "Automatic Profile Confirmation without Confirmation Email."

And now it seems to work, although I don't want members to have to confirm with their email.

Hmmmm...I wonder if this at least narrows down the problem.

I was playing with absolutely everything in the admin and finally this seemed to work.

However, when I checked this box again and saved, the old problem reappeared.

Very interesting....

https://dolphin-techs.com - Skype: Dolphin Techs
Quote · 1 Jun 2010

RE:

Your quotas are disabled and you have unlimited space. The server the cronjobs runs on has quite a bit of free space right now, and the storage system for the whole server is nowhere near full.

Did you relay that message about the lock file to your hosting company?  If you did, then you need to contact them again, and ask to speak with someone that actually knows what that means.  Sounds like you just got a quick brush off from lower level support.

Quote · 1 Jun 2010

RE:

Did you relay that message about the lock file to your hosting company?  If you did, then you need to contact them again, and ask to speak with someone that actually knows what that means.  Sounds like you just got a quick brush off from lower level support.

Sounds like the tmp directory is full or there is an issue accessing it. Check the setting for /tmp in php.ini

/DM

Dolphin - Ajax Masturbation
Quote · 1 Jun 2010

Below is the legacy version of the Boonex site, maintained for Dolphin.Pro 7.x support.
The new Dolphin solution is powered by UNA Community Management System.