MODZZZ! Please look at these.

I bought Ultimate Articles and Ultimate News for D7.1 They share a common issue. Regardless of who is logged on and looking at articles and news, it shows that the article or news item was posted by them! I logged in as "admin" and it shows "from admin", I logged in as "Tony" and it shows "from Tony" and the same with "Jake". Each member is set to a different membership level.

Logged in as "Tony"

Logged in as "Jake"

Logged in as "Tony"

Logged in as "Jake"

news.png · 126.1K · 542 views
news2.png · 187.7K · 512 views
articles.png · 116.4K · 597 views
articles2.png · 134K · 583 views
Quote · 25 Nov 2012

I know what causes that and that is the author ID is empty...Somehow in the upgrade or reload the author id is gone check your database and see if i am right or it is set to 0

Csampson
Quote · 25 Nov 2012

Did you do a fresh install of the mods ? or did you run the upgrade procedure ? The problem seems to be that the Author field for the Articles/News on your site is empty.

Paypal email is jeromemingo@gmail.com - http://www.boonex.com/market/posts/modzzz
Quote · 26 Nov 2012

Did you do a fresh install of the mods ? or did you run the upgrade procedure ? The problem seems to be that the Author field for the Articles/News on your site is empty.

This is a fresh install of mods. I followed instructions exactly. I ran sqlbefore.php, uninstalled Boonex modules, installed your modules, then ran sqlafter.php. Everything works perfectly except Author field is empty. I created all of the news and articles myself on the site days prior to buying and installing your modules. This was also a fresh install of D7.1B1 also. By the way, I love these modules!

Quote · 26 Nov 2012

Ive got Ultimate Articles running on clean install of 7.1, no upgrades.

Works fine, author shows correct author no matter who is logged in. Not a problem with mod, must be something on your install/site

Quote · 26 Nov 2012

Works fine, author shows correct author no matter who is logged in. Not a problem with mod, must be something on your install/site

OK thanks for the info. I can edit the SQL entries to fix it or delete the posts and re-do them. All new articles and news added are working as they should... just the ones there before adding Ultimate News and Ultimate Articles. Just a little hiccup somewhere. No biggie. I also noticed today the Archives are inaccurate. See picture...

archive.jpg · 32.7K · 561 views
Quote · 26 Nov 2012

I have the same issue on my site.  I upgraded from 7.09 to 7.1 and upgraded Ultimate Articles also.  Have not investigated though since I have 883 articles it seems to be a daunting task. http://molosserdogs.com

Gary http://molosserdogs.com
Quote · 26 Nov 2012

If you guys have a backup and you should simply add the author Id back to the upgraded new table and you're issue is solved. It seems daunting but if use the post identifier in Excel and sort by that field top to bottom you can put the author ID back pretty easy...

IOW download the new table put it in excel sort it add back the author ID from the sorted backup and reupload as a text file and you are done... 

If you have additional media with id identifiers you will need to add a number field simply to put them back in the right order after you sort them. Remember to delete the added number field after... 

Csampson
Quote · 26 Nov 2012

If you guys have a backup and you should simply add the author Id back to the upgraded new table and you're issue is solved. It seems daunting but if use the post identifier in Excel and sort by that field top to bottom you can put the author ID back pretty easy...

IOW download the new table put it in excel sort it add back the author ID from the sorted backup and reupload as a text file and you are done... 

If you have additional media with id identifiers you will need to add a number field simply to put them back in the right order after you sort them. Remember to delete the added number field after... 

I have already added the Author ID into my SQL db and solved that issue, it's the inaccurate Archive issue now...

Quote · 26 Nov 2012

http://molosserdogs.com

My breed... The Great Hungarian Vizsla

Vizsla.jpg · 52.8K · 522 views
Quote · 26 Nov 2012

PM me your site URL so I can take a look.

OK thanks for the info. I can edit the SQL entries to fix it or delete the posts and re-do them. All new articles and news added are working as they should... just the ones there before adding Ultimate News and Ultimate Articles. Just a little hiccup somewhere. No biggie. I also noticed today the Archives are inaccurate. See picture...

Paypal email is jeromemingo@gmail.com - http://www.boonex.com/market/posts/modzzz
Quote · 27 Nov 2012

PM me your site URL so I can take a look. 

Thanks for the update! Everything is good now. Great modules! Now, hurry up and update Premium Events!

Quote · 28 Nov 2012

Below is the legacy version of the Boonex site, maintained for Dolphin.Pro 7.x support.
The new Dolphin solution is powered by UNA Community Management System.