Make All Dating Site Related Fields Optional

Make all fields related to dating, age, sex, sexual preference, looking for, hot/not, etc optional so that people wanting to use the scripts for social clubs can adjust the focus of the scripts easily.

Quote · 13 Mar 2009

right on!

Quote · 13 Mar 2009

age deletion would be a problem as that is one of the fields required for age verification. the others i agree with you on, they should all be optional.

Regards,

DosDawg

When a GIG is not enough --> Terabyte Dolphin Technical Support - Server Management and Support
Quote · 13 Mar 2009

I agree with using age for verification and when you join as a new member, but make it optional relative to exposing it to anbody other than the admin unless something requiring age needs the admin or member to opt in.  I'd also like the age field to be available in compound match to allow/restrict content by age.  If I have kids logged in, there are topics the adults could enjoy that the kiddies simply couldn't see.  I could use it to make sure kids couldn't sign up for events unless they were explicitly for them.  Events requiring payment should be restricted (or the join restricted) to just adults.  Here is where age would be key....just not in the case where age is mostly driving for dating site purposes.

Quote · 13 Mar 2009

Agreed on losing the dating crap, or at least make it easy to nix it from admin.  There's already enough sleazy dating sites in the world and I don't know why anyone would want to waste time starting another one.

My opinions expressed on this site, in no way represent those of Boonex or Boonex employees.
Quote · 13 Mar 2009

If I'm remembering correct dating and social will be separate in D8... there will be plug-ins.

Quote · 14 Mar 2009

Below is the legacy version of the Boonex site, maintained for Dolphin.Pro 7.x support.
The new Dolphin solution is powered by UNA Community Management System.