Making new pages

Hello everybody,

does anyone know how to make new pages in general and new pages that are only visible for upgraded members? Im really not too familiar with the software and such and just started but I havent had an upgrade to 6.1 yet, I still have 6.0.0005

Any help???

Julia

Quote · 27 Jun 2008

look Julia if you dont get help in 24 hours from someone on here I personally will install DOLPHIN and then see how to get a new page working or at least to show you where it is

lets see if there is any support from the Moderators  first Wink

Quote · 29 Jun 2008

Goto admin page builder and create a new page. To make it only for paid members, You need to add actions in database and assaign to memberships.

----
Quote · 30 Jun 2008

I dont have 6.1 my version is not upgraded yet so I dont have a page builder, any advice?

Julia

Quote · 2 Jul 2008

In this case you should just develop any new pages as you want (create new php files), its not so difficult

Quote · 2 Jul 2008

You have to create the page manually and place it in dolphin. Then you can add it to the top menu through admin panel. Create lang keys in pages and edit them in lang settings.

----
Quote · 3 Jul 2008

you DO NOT have to create the pages manually and then upload them!!! You can totally make them through dolphin.

Open up your pages builder, select new page. From there you can drag html blocks in and either free type or type the code you want in.

To make them only viewable by members you will need to use php inside of these blocks.

If you have further questions or need detailed help hit me up at xero.00@hotmail.com through email or msn messenger.

Man I seem to be on a giving my email out in public role today

P.S.

Nobody stalk me or send me spam mail please! LMAO ;)

Quote · 3 Jul 2008

Dear Ryne,

That feature is introduced in dolphin 6.1 and it is not in the old versions.

----
Quote · 5 Jul 2008

Ohh my bad. I am sorry lol!

Quote · 7 Jul 2008

Hello everybody,

does anyone know how to make new pages in general and new pages that are only visible for upgraded members? Im really not too familiar with the software and such and just started but I havent had an upgrade to 6.1 yet, I still have 6.0.0005

Any help???

Julia

julia,

there was a page builder mod for 6.0.0005 check at expertzzz.com

good luck,

DosDawg

do you need somebody to do the upgrade for you?

+

When a GIG is not enough --> Terabyte Dolphin Technical Support - Server Management and Support
Quote · 7 Jul 2008

<?
/***************************************************************************
*                            Dolphin Smart Community Builder
*                              -----------------
*     begin                : Mon Mar 23 2006
*     copyright            : (C) 2006 BoonEx Group
*     website              : http://www.boonex.com/
* This file is part of Dolphin - Smart Community Builder
* Dolphin is free software. This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution 3.0 License. 
* http://creativecommons.org/licenses/by/3.0/
* Dolphin is distributed in the hope that it will be useful, but WITHOUT ANY WARRANTY;
* without even the implied warranty of  MERCHANTABILITY or FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE.
* See the Creative Commons Attribution 3.0 License for more details. 
* You should have received a copy of the Creative Commons Attribution 3.0 License along with Dolphin, 
* see license.txt file; if not, write to marketing@boonex.com
***************************************************************************/

require_once( 'inc/header.inc.php' );
require_once( BX_DIRECTORY_PATH_INC . 'design.inc.php' );
require_once( BX_DIRECTORY_PATH_INC . 'profiles.inc.php' );
require_once( BX_DIRECTORY_PATH_INC . 'prof.inc.php' );
require_once( BX_DIRECTORY_PATH_INC . 'profile_disp.inc.php' );
require_once( BX_DIRECTORY_PATH_INC . 'modules.inc.php' );
require_once( BX_DIRECTORY_PATH_INC . 'utils.inc.php' );
require_once( BX_DIRECTORY_PATH_INC . 'images.inc.php' );

// --------------- page variables and login

$_page['name_index']	= 28;
$_page['header'] = _t('this is title on browser');
$_page['header_text'] = _t('this is title on page');
$_ni = $_page['name_index'];
check_logged();
$bizimID = $_COOKIE['memberID'];
$_page_cont[$_ni]['page_main_code'] = PageCompForum($bizimID);

function PageCompForum($a) {

global  $prof;
 global $site;

$query2 = "SELECT IDLevel FROM ProfileMemLevels WHERE IDMember='$a'";
	  $sonuc = db_res($query2);
	  $sayi = mysql_num_rows($sonuc);
	  if ($sayi==0)

{
	    return  <<<HTML
	this is content for non member
HTML;
	  }
	  else
	  {
	  return  <<<HTML
this is content for member only!
HTML;
	}

}

PageCode();
?>

www.smansakra.net.tc

Quote · 9 Jul 2008

You can write a code that is similar to the one above.

See it here.

http://www.expertzzz.com/Downloadz/view/3490

Regards,

Praveen

http://www.dolphinpros.com

----
Quote · 9 Jul 2008

yeah! that's url that i was looking for , so i can wrote here. hah, expertzzz contains too much mods so we have many difficulties while looking for our previous downloaded mod!

Quote · 11 Jul 2008

Hello guys,

i havent been on here for a while due to moving but i really really appreciate the replies WOW thank you so much. So, how can I build the page so only upgraded members can view them? To be honest, I dont know much about all this a step by step intro would be very nice (if anyone has the time, of course :)

Julia

Quote · 14 Jul 2008

Hi,

If you dont know much abut all this then can I recommend you upgrade to the newest version of Dolphin. In the new version there is a page builder that helps you create new pages. Its basically a few clicks to create the page, then write in the page name and then drag and drop a few html blocks into the page to create it. Once that is done you can click on the navigation bar and add it to the top bar of your page.

Then under the page navigation bar you can click whether the page is to be viewable by members or guests.

Its a very simple process and you dont need to know any database coding or manipulation.

if that sounds easy enough for you, then I recommend you upgrade to the newest version. Plus note that the newest version of the software is normally the most secure, so if your site takes off and becomes popular you will be less at risk from hackers.

Regards

Max

Quote · 14 Jul 2008

Hi,

If you dont know much abut all this then can I recommend you upgrade to the newest version of Dolphin. In the new version there is a page builder that helps you create new pages. Its basically a few clicks to create the page, then write in the page name and then drag and drop a few html blocks into the page to create it. Once that is done you can click on the navigation bar and add it to the top bar of your page.

Then under the page navigation bar you can click whether the page is to be viewable by members or guests.

Its a very simple process and you dont need to know any database coding or manipulation.

if that sounds easy enough for you, then I recommend you upgrade to the newest version. Plus note that the newest version of the software is normally the most secure, so if your site takes off and becomes popular you will be less at risk from hackers.

Regards

Max

max,

i dont know if you have used the page builder, but the new page builder doesnt work on 6.1.1 or 6.1.2. you have to read mrpowless's tutorial for the sql injection to brute force the dbase so the page will get created with the two blocks, one active and one inactive. this is the only way i have found to build a new page with the block.

later,

DosDawg

When a GIG is not enough --> Terabyte Dolphin Technical Support - Server Management and Support
Quote · 14 Jul 2008

yes, I was going to say that, too. the new page builder with 6.1 doesnt work, to my knowledge many people have been having trouble with 6.1 and the page builder thats why I have been told not to upgrade yet. But all this doesnt change the fact that I still need to know how to build a page lol especially one for use for upgraded members onlyCry

Is anyone having trouble with their dolphin site not being displayed lately? I am hosting with Host4Web and my site is not available for the 4th time again :(

Julia

Quote · 15 Jul 2008

Hi,

Okay yeah I must have missed something. I just created pages in page builder and then added them on the nav bar. I used both 6.1 and 6.1.2.

See my site at www.albumdesigforum.com

I have Dolphin as a simple payment wrapper for Orca. I created a few pages that just explain my site to my customers.

I had no problems creating the pages or adding them to the nav bar. Only thing that odesnt work is that when you are on th epage, you dont get the page bar changing to show which page you are on.

Cheers

Max

Quote · 15 Jul 2008

Below is the legacy version of the Boonex site, maintained for Dolphin.Pro 7.x support.
The new Dolphin solution is powered by UNA Community Management System.