Manage Orca Forum Initial Setup

I know that when i first started to use the Orca Forums, it was somewhat daunting, because it was clearly unlike any other forum system i had ever come in contact with. I see that many have some of the same issues, so i wanted to provide a means of trying to get an understanding. I have compiled a slide show. The program i used created an exe file (binary), but the presentation in my opinion, is excellent. If you are freaked out about exe's then dont click on the link.

Manage Orca Forum SlideShow

Regards,

DosDawg

When a GIG is not enough --> Terabyte Dolphin Technical Support - Server Management and Support
Quote · 13 Mar 2010

Nice tut..  Like the site template as well. Them folder icons in the forums look good to.

https://dolphin-techs.com - Skype: Dolphin Techs
Quote · 14 Mar 2010

Hi DosDawg

I am battleling to get my forum to work. I think I might have write issues on my javascript file "is this possible" because if i want to compile the the language it brings up a javascript error.

I hope you can help!

Regard

Darkestar Holdings www.darkestar.com
Quote · 26 Mar 2010

Sir, your slide show is showing a different forum ,it is a different little bit.could you please have a look on my forum.http://pplechain.com/forum/ thanks

I know that when i first started to use the Orca Forums, it was somewhat daunting, because it was clearly unlike any other forum system i had ever come in contact with. I see that many have some of the same issues, so i wanted to provide a means of trying to get an understanding. I have compiled a slide show. The program i used created an exe file (binary), but the presentation in my opinion, is excellent. If you are freaked out about exe's then dont click on the link.

Manage Orca Forum SlideShow

Regards,

DosDawg

Quote · 28 Jun 2010

attractiveguy,

the forum you have a link to has not had the language files compiled, and there has nothing been added to the forum from admin.

Regards,

DosDawg

When a GIG is not enough --> Terabyte Dolphin Technical Support - Server Management and Support
Quote · 3 Jul 2010

thankyou very much for reply, I have approximately read all threads about compile langs. but the problem is that it is still has a problem,when i tried to open it in module and orca forum.it opens similarly, there is no difference, until recently i could  not get how to compile language ?because when i compile languages in tools ,modules and recompile language orca forum,it recompile completely, but still has problem,could you please tell me the simple way to do it.thanks

attractiveguy,

the forum you have a link to has not had the language files compiled, and there has nothing been added to the forum from admin.

Regards,

DosDawg

Quote · 15 Jul 2010

I have just got started with the Forums and I find them quite difficult to navigate to get started. Im thinking maybe this will change once the Forum gets active. Anyone have any suggestions on another forum to use or should I stick with Orca's?

My signature can beat up your signature!
Quote · 3 Aug 2010

thankyou very much for reply, I have approximately read all threads about compile langs. but the problem is that it is still has a problem,when i tried to open it in module and orca forum.it opens similarly, there is no difference, until recently i could  not get how to compile language ?because when i compile languages in tools ,modules and recompile language orca forum,it recompile completely, but still has problem,could you please tell me the simple way to do it.thanks

attractiveguy,

Regards,

DosDawg

Try to turn off js file caching in Dolphin Admin Panel ->  Settings -> Advanced Settings -> Template (for some reason Forum js files are missing in your js cache)

Then compile Orca language in Dolphin Admin panel -> Modules -> Orca Forum -> Press "[L[Compile Lang:]]en" link

In 7.0.3 this link will be in another location Dolphin Admin panel -> Modules -> Orca Forum -> Manage Forum -> Press "[L[Compile Lang:]]en" link

Rules → http://www.boonex.com/terms
Quote · 4 Aug 2010

Hey Alex - just remove the compile option from Dolphin altogether. :)

Seriously though - Orca should have been shipped with the EN language already compiled and at least one category, with one forum and one test post already added. Such a simple thing would have solved so many headaches.

Boonex must waste a fortune on storing forum posts relating to compiling Orca or adding categories and forums.

I really hope that this has been addressed in the new version.

/DM

Dolphin - Ajax Masturbation
Quote · 4 Aug 2010

Hey Alex - just remove the compile option from Dolphin altogether. :)

Seriously though - Orca should have been shipped with the EN language already compiled and at least one category, with one forum and one test post already added. Such a simple thing would have solved so many headaches.

Boonex must waste a fortune on storing forum posts relating to compiling Orca or adding categories and forums.

I really hope that this has been addressed in the new version.

/DM

Thank you for suggestion, I will add one category and one forum by default in next version.

It is impossible to pre-compile language in orca forum because it need to be crested with appropriate permissions to allow recompilation later, but I will try to find the way to compile language automatically during install.

Rules → http://www.boonex.com/terms
Quote · 5 Aug 2010

Thankyou Very Much,

Thanks a lot, Your tip really work for me.amzing man, otherwise other peoples were just wasting my time,Thanks dear

attractiveguy,

Regards,

DosDawg

Try to turn off js file caching in Dolphin Admin Panel ->  Settings -> Advanced Settings -> Template (for some reason Forum js files are missing in your js cache)

Then compile Orca language in Dolphin Admin panel -> Modules -> Orca Forum -> Press "[L[Compile Lang:]]en" link

In 7.0.3 this link will be in another location Dolphin Admin panel -> Modules -> Orca Forum -> Manage Forum -> Press "[L[Compile Lang:]]en" link

Quote · 21 Aug 2010

FANTASTIC! Finally got the Forum working after search the web and pulling my hair out! ;) now I can chhhhiiiiiiiiiiilllllllllllll

attractiveguy,

Regards,

DosDawg

Quote · 14 Feb 2011

Many....MANY thanks Alex T.

I have been pulling my hair out trying to get that compile button to work, and simply turning off the cache of JS did the trick. You...ARE....The....MAN!

Quote · 10 Sep 2011

DosDawg

With the English language worked perfectly, but I use Portuguese language of Brazil. InPortuguese with the same problem continues.

Quote · 19 Nov 2011

Any way to allow Guests to post comments in the Forum?

I cant find anything on here about it.

Thanks in advance... The Design Team
Quote · 10 Apr 2012

is there any new info or a vid or slideshow on the Orca forum, been rackin my head tryin ta get  the structure done ?

Quote · 24 Feb 2016

Below is the legacy version of the Boonex site, maintained for Dolphin.Pro 7.x support.
The new Dolphin solution is powered by UNA Community Management System.