Member privacy settings

Is there a way to make the default settings so all members can see profiles of and communicate with all other member's?  How do I lock this in so member's can't change it by accident?

Quote · 8 Feb 2013

Bummer no one ever answered you- but I need this to happen, too.  I think I have figured it out in the settings by only enabling the Public Only option, but I have profiles that were made before I did this that still show up as private.  So their videos, for example, don't show up.

Quote · 21 Aug 2017

Unfortunately the mindset at Boonex is that members can do what they like, leaving admin with very little control. Members can stop all members other than friends from viewing profiles or part thereof or block profiles completely and there's little admins can do to stop it.

There are some things you can do and maybe this will help:

1. Go to Admin/Builders/Page Builder and select Profile Edit from the drop down list.
  2. Depending how your Dolphin is set up, look in Column 2 for the block Edit Profile Privacy
  3. Drag it to the section Inactive Blocks. This will stop your members making their profile private or viewed by friends only.
  4. Now go to Settings/Privacy Settings/Profile and make sure Allow to View Blocks is set to Members.

The next part isn't so easy. Dolphin still allows members to stop others from seeing parts of their profile. This is done by the little yellow keys that appear in each profile block. If a member clicks on any of the yellow keys, they can change their privacy settings and change your fantastic site into a pile of crap. Great thinking Boonex!

There's no way to remove the yellow keys as Admin, so you have to hack the code.

The attached document shows you how to do this and put some sanity back into your site.

Note: Dolphin uses what they call "overrides" You may need to make this change in the template you're using. Make sure you clear all cache's including the browser.

Good luck.

Remove yellow keys on profile.rtf · 659.5K · 196 downloads
Quote · 21 Aug 2017

Thanks for the thoughtful response!  I'm on it!

Quote · 21 Aug 2017

To force all Profiles to have public viewing access, run the below query in your phpmyadmin then go to your admin panel and clear cache :

UPDATE `Profiles` SET `allow_view_to`=3;

Paypal email is jeromemingo@gmail.com - http://www.boonex.com/market/posts/modzzz
Quote · 8 Nov 2017

Below is the legacy version of the Boonex site, maintained for Dolphin.Pro 7.x support.
The new Dolphin solution is powered by UNA Community Management System.