Missing file in 6.1.1 upgrade package?

I'm presently upgrading from 6.0.0005 to 6.1.1. I'm following the upgrade instructions here:

http://www.boonex.com/trac/dolphin/wiki/6.0to6.1.1

and using the list in Dolphin-v.6.0-6.1-Diff to go through the directories one by one to upload new files.

In the Diff list, I'm supposed to upload a file called v61.sql in install/sql, but there is no such file or folder in the upgrade package.

So...do I just skip it? Hasn't anyone else hit this barrier?

Quote · 5 Sep 2008

i would advise against skipping it. i will try to make time in a bit to download that and see if it exists.

regards,

DosDawg

When a GIG is not enough --> Terabyte Dolphin Technical Support - Server Management and Support
Quote · 5 Sep 2008

Hmmmmmmmm  .....  

v61.sql is neither in Dolphin-Upgrade-v.6.0-to-v.6.1-Free.zip or Dolphin-Upgrade-v.6.0-to-v.6.1-AdFree.zip

Quote · 6 Sep 2008

There usually isn't a install folder in an upgrade. You would find it more in a fresh full install. You should find some sql's in the upgrade in a folder called "sql_upg" Usually for an upgrade there is upgradeXXX.php which adds or changes database tables and entry's. After which you want to get rid of.

There is actually a 6.0.0003|4|5 to 6.1.2 which could possibly save you a step. It would get you 6.1.2 instead of 6.1.1. After which you might also consider applying the 6.1.3 and 6.1.4 upgrade/patches too.

You can find the 6.1.2 upgrade here:
http://www.boonex.com/trac/dolphin/wiki/6.0to6.1.2

Make sure you backup all files and your database before messing with. This is a must!!

Good Luck!!
gameutopia

DialMe.com - Your One and Only Source For Boonex Dolphin Tutorials and Resources
Quote · 6 Sep 2008

There usually isn't a install folder in an upgrade. You would find it more in a fresh full install. You should find some sql's in the upgrade in a folder called "sql_upg" Usually for an upgrade there is upgradeXXX.php which adds or changes database tables and entry's. After which you want to get rid of.

In addition to sql_upg:

/admin/default_builders/

/ray/modules/chat/install/

/ray/modules/desktop/install/

/ray/modules/im/install/

/ray/modules/movie/install/

/ray/modules/mp3/install/

/ray/modules/music/install/

/ray/modules/shoutbox/install/
/ray/modules/video/install/

TOTAL of 26 .sql files  ..... 

And:
upgrade.60_61.php
upgrade.60_61.web.php

Quote · 6 Sep 2008

In a full install pack you will find:
/install/sql/v61.sql

In a upgrade you generally wont find an install folder containing v61.sql in the main directory like:
/install

You will instead find:
/sql_upg/...asortment of sql's here
becuase you already have some tables from your previous version. These will ad, update, alter, etc to what you already have.

Some of the sql's in /sql_upg/ folder do add and alter tables etc for some ray widgets.

at least in the upgrades for 6.0x to 6.1x that I looked at.

DialMe.com - Your One and Only Source For Boonex Dolphin Tutorials and Resources
Quote · 6 Sep 2008

If you notice the "upgrade.60_61" (WITHOUT QUOTES) in my last post indeed designates that my reference is to the upgrade of v6.0 to v6.1 which I was under the assumption this thread was referring to and all the aforementioned directories in fact include .sql file or files .....

If we need to go any further I can if necessary post the actual 26 .sql files  ..... 

Quote · 6 Sep 2008

I too could post all the sql files. Yes there are some in ray folder, and some of the ray folders there are no sql's or install folders within a ray widget/folder.

I was under the assumption this was in regards to upgrading from 6.0.0005 to 6.1.1 which no full v61.sql is involved. V61.sql is related to a brand new install not upgrade.

So all I was getting at is you will not find v61.sql in the upgrade for this particular pack. It's normal. You will be taken to v61.sql by means of the sql's in the /sql_upg folder. Which when you enter the upgradexxx.php into your browser executes these and they will be updated, added, altered and what not to a given 6.0x database to reflect a current 6.1x database build.

This member is wondering where v61.sql is in the upgrade. There is none in an upgrade for this particular upgrade.

I was also pointing out that there is an upgrade one step further to 6.1.2 which would potentially save them some time and future build upgrades by pointing out that there was one above that. After wards one would have to apply 6.1.3 and then 6.1.4 to upgrade to current.

Not too mention if you have actually upgraded a 6.0x site sometimes an additional step is needed that isn't widely published or missed regarding the day of thing.

What they also omit in the instructions is to delete the php files related to the upgrade and to remove the /sql_upg folder after successfully completing install.

There is no need to have any ray widget install folders after a successfull install or upgrade. You don't need them any more and they really shouldn't reside on your server anyway.

If you need them for some odd reason then download them and re-upload. They are not a big security issue, but by all means if everything is working. There is absolutely no need to have any install folders in your ray widgets. If you really want to keep them around then re-name them some odd name, or chmod them 444 or something.

This is not really a big deal, and not worth all the fuss. I could care less whether you have 26 sql files or not.

Quote · 6 Sep 2008

I was merely clearing up inaccurate and incomplete informataion  .....  :)

Quote · 6 Sep 2008

Below is the legacy version of the Boonex site, maintained for Dolphin.Pro 7.x support.
The new Dolphin solution is powered by UNA Community Management System.