New Dolphin 7 install Internal Server Error 500

I am trying to set up a Dolphin 7.0.7 locally so that I can evaluate it for a client.

I have a new install on my local wamp server (Vista, 2.2, 5.5, 5.2.17) - all seemed to go OK and I can log into the Administration module OK but I am now getting the Internal Server Error 500 on the home page.

There are no errors in the Apache error log though to help me out.

I have tried the various fixes mentioned in the troubleshooting documentation but that hasn't helped.

Would appreciate some help if anyone else has had this problem - thanks!

Quote · 19 Aug 2011

well in most cases the 500 error is related to the htaccess. check to see that the .htaccess is on the file structure. 

but most times you will see that there are directives on the htaccess that are not compatible. and i also think that sometimes, there are versions and distros of wamp and xxampp that can present issues. 

When a GIG is not enough --> Terabyte Dolphin Technical Support - Server Management and Support
Quote · 19 Aug 2011

Thanks - the htaccess is in the root folder of my site.

I removed the "Options -MultiViews -Indexes" line - otherwise it is the same as the distribution file.

Plus there are other htaccess files in tmp, inc, js, langs etc etc

All the paths to modules look OK too.

Is there any way to check directives that are not compatible?  Sorry this is all very new to me!

Thanks again! 

Quote · 19 Aug 2011

has anyone found an answer to this? I'm getting the same error with ver. 7.3.4.

thx,

Quote · 1 Jan 2018

What WAMP server are you running? I've never had a problem installing Dolphin on Uniserver and you can download two tutorials under my post (the second) here:

https://www.boonex.com/forums/topic/can-i-install-dolphin-on-my-own-pc.htm

Quote · 1 Jan 2018

Below is the legacy version of the Boonex site, maintained for Dolphin.Pro 7.x support.
The new Dolphin solution is powered by UNA Community Management System.