New user on boarding - chat, splash, video? What?

What tool or solution do you use to capture and inform new user who visit your url for the first time? I though of using an external chat solution. But what tools or ideas are you using?

Quote · 21 Jun 2019

That would be a good module for someone to create, but I think those days are now part of history.

I just keep a watch on who joins and I email them. It's easy enough to keep Wordpad templates and people think they're important if you say hello and thank them for joining.

Quote · 21 Jun 2019

We have a public relations officer that will go to their profile page and leave a message in their guestbook.  The PR officer also lets others know that a new member has join and encourages them to go and leave a "hello" on their page as well.

Geeks, making the world a better place
Quote · 21 Jun 2019

What tool or solution do you use to capture and inform new user who visit your url for the first time?

For my site I was running years ago, I created an animated video showing the site features. Adding that to the sites Facebook page helped introduce members to the features.

It really helped the first-timers learn what they could do.

It was used on a splash page and the about page.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_2n-SzWOVgs&t=2s

ManOfTeal.COM a Proud UNA site, six years running strong!
Quote · 22 Jun 2019

Below is the legacy version of the Boonex site, maintained for Dolphin.Pro 7.x support.
The new Dolphin solution is powered by UNA Community Management System.