Orca wont compile "EN"

Hey guys,

Ever since I upgraded Dolphin, the forum section hasn't worked.

I tried the suggestion and i'm still stuck.

Screenshoot of the error message is posted in the blog:

http://www.boonex.com/unity/blog/entry/Forums_unable_to_compile_EN

I when over the permissions and still no go.

Any ideas:

Quote · 24 May 2008

Try using IE. even i was facing this problem in opera. I tried IE and it worked.

Quote · 24 May 2008

I have Opera and had no problems... for the rest i' am stuck... nothing is working in this script at now..

Kids first
Quote · 25 May 2008

I tried IE and firefox with no success....

not sure where to go from here... i tried boonex support, the blogs, and the forums....

going into week 2 with this problem....

Quote · 25 May 2008

there are more problems with Orca in the different browsers....
And no one of the team respond to it... 

Thats a very bad situation.....

Kids first
Quote · 25 May 2008

you know when i had that problem i went digging around the forumz on expertzzz.com and there was all kinds of stuff tossed around regarding the server not be properly configured, that i need dom-xslt enabled, and several other things. of course i mucked it up even more by trying to change files that i had no idea what i was changing, but i was desparate, and willing to do anything.

this is what i done, of course i dont now how old your site is or how bad it will affect you, but i dropped the entire site after backing it up of course, then i loaded up a new set of files. went through the motions and the infamous [L[Forums]] was there, hit the en link and all was well.

then i was able to reload my dbase. all was well.

later,

DosDawg

When a GIG is not enough --> Terabyte Dolphin Technical Support - Server Management and Support
Quote · 4 Jun 2008

dosdawg you make it sound easy as 1 2 3 Surprised

but listen it aint as easy as you explain it to be to the rest of us 10,000 users Yell

The best thing is when instead of stating you put back up copies back into the database so it gets rid of [doubles],

why not show pictures instead .... its like I explaining to you i fixxed the wire in my laptop ... lol

you would be like what are you saying .... lol

theres 5 things we all work with to get DOLPHIN working on the Internet

apache

phpmyadmin

php5

mysql

smtp ( server email ) relay

You see this is not easy when alot of users who come onto this and its there first time they ask for help and people give half ass answers .... I think the Pro's or the semy Pro's should show the viewers more information 100%

( pictures are very helpful ) like mrpower does Smile

In this new forum we can link photos so why not taking snap shots and show the viewers what it looks like and STEP by STEP on your explanation on how to fix this issue .......

Peace and Love .........

Quote · 5 Jun 2008

technoman,

sorry you were unable to understand that it is as simple as 123, in that i simply stated i dropped the entire site. reinstalled from scratch. there is no mircale work here. it was all trial and error. i followed help that i got from this forum and from expertzzz.com

there is really no pictures to be taken, and i too have posted plenty of graphical demonstrations when the need was there. clearly you have never done that either, since it does consume a lot of time to compose a set of images and get the instructions typed out, and you know, even then not every user will be able to understand exactly what is being said.

technoman, not every individual who purchased a computer should be running this script, and that my friend is simple as 1 1 2 3.

later,

DosDawg

When a GIG is not enough --> Terabyte Dolphin Technical Support - Server Management and Support
Quote · 8 Jun 2008

dosdawg = i understand but not everyone does except a few so thats all i was trying to say

Quote · 23 Jun 2008

Below is the legacy version of the Boonex site, maintained for Dolphin.Pro 7.x support.
The new Dolphin solution is powered by UNA Community Management System.