PHP version requirements for D7.1

After battling for two days to determine why my forum link on my D7.1 site was returning a "Page not Found" page, my host changed me back to PHP 5.2.17 from 5.3.XX and magically my forum works again. The reason I upgraded to 5.3.XX is because "Host Tools" in the admin panel said to.

My original forum post on my "Page not Found" issue: http://www.boonex.com/forums/?action=goto&my_threads=1#topic/I-need-some-assistance-please.htm

Can someone tell me why this happened and why host tools states to upgrade to 5.3.XX? Thanks in advance.

Quote · 3 Dec 2012

Dolphin 7.0.9 will run in version of php up to 5.3.x

Dolphin 7.1.0 will run in php up to 5.4.x

Why your having the problem is unknown. The php version should not have that affect. Something else must be misconfigured., and i suspect apache not properly processing your .htaccess file which contains that forum rule.

I run on 7.3.18 without any problems.

Oh, and i do not believe host tools says you MUST upgrade. It should be worded as a warning and suggest you upgrade. At least they removed the upgrade to version 5.4 warning that people were doing with dolphin 7.0.9 which did not run on php 5.4

https://www.deanbassett.com
Quote · 3 Dec 2012

Thanks Dean. I am on one the the Boonex "preferred hosts", but they seem very confused by Dolphin software. I have my forums back but now I am getting a HTTP 500 when I try to edit membership levels... damn, I can't get ahead.

Since they changed me back to 5.2.17, the PHP configuration file is reading the system file at /usr/local/lib/php.ini instead of my php.ini in my root. "magic_quotes_gpc is back to "On" instead of "Off" like I have it in my local file.

I may be forced to change hosts because I never had these issues on other ones.

Quote · 3 Dec 2012

I have my forums back but now I am getting a HTTP 500 when I try to edit membership levels... damn, I can't get ahead.

Now I have magic_quotes_gpc set to "Off" and when I try to edit membership levels I no longer get the HTTP500, but I get a fatal call.

Fatal error: Call to undefined function translatemembershipactions() in /home/********/public_html/administration/memb_levels.php on line 380

Quote · 3 Dec 2012

translatemembershipactions function was added a fews days ago to the SVN, so I suppose that you tried to apply fix from SVN, but didin't this right.

Fatal error: Call to undefined function translatemembershipactions() in /home/********/public_html/administration/memb_levels.php on line 380

Rules → http://www.boonex.com/terms
Quote · 4 Dec 2012

translatemembershipactions function was added a fews days ago to the SVN, so I suppose that you tried to apply fix from SVN, but didin't this right.

Thanks for the valuable information AlexT. I changed out the wrong version memb_levels.php with the one from D7.1B1 and all is good now.

Quote · 4 Dec 2012

Below is the legacy version of the Boonex site, maintained for Dolphin.Pro 7.x support.
The new Dolphin solution is powered by UNA Community Management System.