PKForum Support (DolphinHelp) - part 5

3 Nov 2015

Since I have upgraded PHP to version 5.5.3, is there something that you need to undo to make things 'normal'?

Click to allow your image uploader doesn't do anything anymore just so you know. Not that I need it at the moment, just testing it out.

Nothing to see here
3 Nov 2015

Since I have upgraded PHP to version 5.5.3, is there something that you need to undo to make things 'normal'?

Click to allow your image uploader doesn't do anything anymore just so you know. Not that I need it at the moment, just testing it out.

No, its okay.

If you're talking about tinymce image uploader? Its removed for 7.2 and replaced with default tinymce implementation of dolphin with its new uploader. You can safely ignore that option in the admin panel.

so much to do....
3 Nov 2015

Habe meine Community auf die Version 7.2.1 geändert und leider funktioniert die Eingabe nicht mehr.

Siehe Bild:

Have my community changed to version 7.2.1 and no longer works typing.

See image:

Forumedit.png · 426.2K · 256 views
5 Nov 2015

Habe meine Community auf die Version 7.2.1 geändert und leider funktioniert die Eingabe nicht mehr.

Siehe Bild:

Have my community changed to version 7.2.1 and no longer works typing.

See image:

It doesn't look like you're running dolphin 7.2.* and you have installed pkforum for version 7.2. Is that correct?

Edit: or maybe your template is not compatible with 7.2; send us your site logins, we will take a look.

http://pkforum.dolphinhelp.com
6 Nov 2015

It doesn't look like you're running dolphin 7.2.* and you have installed pkforum for version 7.2. Is that correct?

Edit: or maybe your template is not compatible with 7.2; send us your site logins, we will take a look.

Ja ich habe die pkforum für 7.2. installiert.

Yes, I have the pk Forum 7.2. installed.

Mein Template ist neu und extra für die Version 7.2 gekauft worden. Das gleiche Problem habe ich aber auch mit den Standart-Templates von Dolphin weshalb ich nicht glaube, das es am Template liegt.

Zugangsdaten:

My template has been purchased new and extra for Version 7.2. The same problem I have but also with the standard templates of Dolphin why I do not believe that it is the template.

login information:

Benutzer / Username: pkforum

Password: pkforum

6 Nov 2015

Ja ich habe die pkforum für 7.2. installiert.

Yes, I have the pk Forum 7.2. installed.

Mein Template ist neu und extra für die Version 7.2 gekauft worden. Das gleiche Problem habe ich aber auch mit den Standart-Templates von Dolphin weshalb ich nicht glaube, das es am Template liegt.

Zugangsdaten:

My template has been purchased new and extra for Version 7.2. The same problem I have but also with the standard templates of Dolphin why I do not believe that it is the template.

login information:

Benutzer / Username: pkforum

Password: pkforum

Did you upgraded pkforum from 1.1.0 to 1.1.1 or its a fresh install?

It doesn't appear to be using new template files on all pages, either re-upload all the files and clear cache or send us your site's ftp and admin login.

6 Nov 2015

It doesn't appear to be using new template files on all pages, either re-upload all the files and clear cache or send us your site's ftp and admin login.

Yes i upgradet pkforum from 1.1.0 to 1.1.1

which files should I upload?

6 Nov 2015

Yes i upgradet pkforum from 1.1.0 to 1.1.1

which files should I upload?

upload all the files from pkforum zip -> 7.2 folder then clear the cache. If that doesn't do it, send the logins.

6 Nov 2015

upload all the files from pkforum zip -> 7.2 folder then clear the cache. If that doesn't do it, send the logins.

Vielen Dank - Jetzt funktioniert es Smile  Thank you - it works now

6 Nov 2015

I know that the image uploader that ya'll used to use has been removed in ver 1.1.1 but, is there a way I can add it back? For example, is it just commented out somewhere that I can un-comment?

Some people are fine with Moxie but there are some that just want to upload a single photo at a time without using Moxie.

Nothing to see here
6 Nov 2015

I know that the image uploader that ya'll used to use has been removed in ver 1.1.1 but, is there a way I can add it back? For example, is it just commented out somewhere that I can un-comment?

Some people are fine with Moxie but there are some that just want to upload a single photo at a time without using Moxie.

Here is the plugin http://justboil.me/

You're free to install it just like any other tinymce plugin.

7 Nov 2015

Thank you. I have installed the plugin and got it working. The images upload just fine to my pre-defined settings. The only issue I see now is that when I am viewing on a mobile device (phone), the images are not being responsive.

So the images is spanning outside the forum block like earlier. Can someone tell me what the CSS I need to edit/add to make sure that images uploaded using jboil will be responsive? Other than that, this is working great.

Nothing to see here
7 Nov 2015

Thank you. I have installed the plugin and got it working. The images upload just fine to my pre-defined settings. The only issue I see now is that when I am viewing on a mobile device (phone), the images are not being responsive.

So the images is spanning outside the forum block like earlier. Can someone tell me what the CSS I need to edit/add to make sure that images uploaded using jboil will be responsive? Other than that, this is working great.

The display of images is not handled by justboil. The images adjust to the viewport, that is inbuilt in the forum. If it doesn't work for you then its probably your custom theme. Also, You can test the demo site and see if you can reproduce the issue.

9 Nov 2015

I was able to get everything working fine. The only issue left is with the insert/edit image function. Which is not related to PKForum. Thanks.

Nothing to see here
9 Nov 2015

Does this module have a rating system or a like-button for posts? I consider this a pretty basic function in a modern forum, but I can't seem to find any reference to it in the description. 

14 Nov 2015

Yes, there is a rating post system... with thumbs-up and thumbs-down icons.  The rating *total* is also displayed.  While the thumbs up/down icons are only visible to those logged into the site... the total rating number is displayed to anyone viewing the post. 

Furthermore, each site member may initially vote up or down on a post.  Attempting to re-vote the same way later does nothing... but re-voting the opposite way later will nullify their vote.  So it is possible to vote 'up' initially then nullify their vote in order to change it to 'down'.

Paul :-)

14 Nov 2015

Re-reading your question, I think I may have misunderstood what you were asking.  The post rating system is not about a few members' rating a particular post (that will eventually become "buried" in the site) but instead should, over a period of time, be considered an overall reflection of the poster's rating, i.e. based on potentially many individual members indicating either a positive or negative rating for potentially many individual posts by a particular member.  So if a person's posts are generally appreciated, then over a period time they'll obtain a notably positive rating... or the opposite if their posts generally irritate other members.

Private message me if I'm still misunderstanding your question or if you wish to offer some more detailed feedback.

Thank you,

Paul :-)

14 Nov 2015

Where can I adjust the width percentages of post topics?

Can't seem to find where it is in the css.

The attached image will make more sense....

Thanks!

pkforum-widths.jpg · 50K · 266 views
20 Nov 2015

Where can I adjust the width percentages of post topics?

Can't seem to find where it is in the css.

The attached image will make more sense....

Thanks!

You can put this in your custom template css somewhere OR edit the source at "modules/dh/pkforum/templates/base/css/recent_topics.css at line 30"

but it will get replaced with some update so put it in your custom template css file instead.

body .pkforum-forum-topics td.pkforum-forum-topics-counts {
    width: 10%;
}
so much to do....
22 Nov 2015

Wo kann ich bei der Themenübersicht den teil " hours ago " ändern. Ist in der Sprachdatei nicht zu finden.

Where can I change in the thread view the part "hours ago". Is in the language file can not be found.

hours ago.jpg · 29.3K · 251 views
23 Nov 2015

Wo kann ich bei der Themenübersicht den teil " hours ago " ändern. Ist in der Sprachdatei nicht zu finden.

Where can I change in the thread view the part "hours ago". Is in the language file can not be found.

Well, Its generated by a method which does the computation so either you can edit the file directly at around line ~130 /modules/dh/pkforum/classes/DHPKForumUtils.php OR disable "time ago" feature in admin panel.

so much to do....
23 Nov 2015

Announcing our 2015 "BLACK FRIDAY SALE" for the Dolphin Help PKForum module... regularly $99... on sale this weekend only from now until midnight Sunday (November 29th... Vancouver, Canada time).  Those with a Boonex Premium membership will receive an additional 10% discount on the sale price.

26 Nov 2015

Announcing our 2015 "BLACK FRIDAY SALE" for the Dolphin Help PKForum module... regularly $99... on sale this weekend only from now until midnight Sunday (November 29th... Vancouver, Canada time).  Those with a Boonex Premium membership will receive an additional 10% discount on the sale price.

Sale ended!

1 Dec 2015

Hi, I just bought and installed PKForum on offer and missed out on my due diligence. Now come the 'pre sale' questions.

Is there any way to make PKForum work with the other parts of Dolphin that use forums? Specifically Groups, but additionally the Tutorials mod from Modzz.

It seems just odd to have two different forum packages when the functionalities of different social elements overlap as they do.

Any suggestions?

2 Dec 2015

Regarding your question:

Is there any way to make PKForum work with the other parts of Dolphin that use forums? Specifically Groups, but additionally the Tutorials mod from Modzz.

----
I discussed this with Prashank earlier today.  We both agree that we want to extend PKForum so it integrates with various modules, such as Groups, but we expect it'll require a significant amount of work and currently we're both super busy with other projects.  At this point we can't even guess when it might be started, let alone when it might be finished.  Maybe check back at the beginning of every month to "stir the fire".  Paul ;-)

3 Dec 2015

Hi there. I am in the process of adding Norwegian text strings to the language keys. Most of them work fine, but certain keys won't work. For instance _dh_pkforum_move_topic and _dh_pkforum_post_reply. While displaying the site in English, the strings are shown as Post reply and Move topic, as they should. But adding or changing strings for these keys does nothing.The only response I get is that the keys are displayed when I set my site to Norwegian. No translation is displayed. I also tried to change the English text strings and set the site back to English. That doesn't work either. The words are fixed, and the English strings has no more effect on what is displayed than the Norwegian strings do.

Any thoughts?

Edit:
I see now that the issue is connected to the EVO-template. In UNI it works fine.  

29 Dec 2015

Hi there. I am in the process of adding Norwegian text strings to the language keys. Most of them work fine, but certain keys won't work. For instance _dh_pkforum_move_topic and _dh_pkforum_post_reply. While displaying the site in English, the strings are shown as Post reply and Move topic, as they should. But adding or changing strings for these keys does nothing.The only response I get is that the keys are displayed when I set my site to Norwegian. No translation is displayed. I also tried to change the English text strings and set the site back to English. That doesn't work either. The words are fixed, and the English strings has no more effect on what is displayed than the Norwegian strings do.

Any thoughts?

Edit:
I see now that the issue is connected to the EVO-template. In UNI it works fine.  

Please PM site address with logins.

so much to do....
3 Jan 2016

Hi. Is it possible in the "PKForum Home" page builder, you could add column 1 full width, then column 2 and column 3 under that?

For example, this is the way it is now:

http://prntscr.com/9ngdws

and this is the way other pages are in 7.2.1:

http://prntscr.com/9nge7c

? Thanks.

8 Jan 2016

Please consider this as a belated 'stirring the pot'. It'd be very nice to be able to use only one 'brand' of forum on my site. ;)

Thanks,

Andrew.

Regarding your question:

----
I discussed this with Prashank earlier today.  We both agree that we want to extend PKForum so it integrates with various modules, such as Groups, but we expect it'll require a significant amount of work and currently we're both super busy with other projects.  At this point we can't even guess when it might be started, let alone when it might be finished.  Maybe check back at the beginning of every month to "stir the fire".  Paul ;-)

20 Jan 2016

Ist PKForum kompatibel mit der neuen Dolphinversion 7.3?

Wenn nicht ab wann kann man damit rechnen?

Is PKForum compatible with the new Dolphin Version 7.3?

If not when can you expect?

7 Mar 2016

We have yet to test PKForum on D7.3.0 but we will... probably this coming weekend.  I tend to wait at least a week after a new version of Dolphin has been released to let the more confident site admins have a chance to use it under "live" conditions.  Paul :-)

8 Mar 2016

Prashank and I are testing PKForum 1.1.1 on Dolphin 7.3 and have found an database query error.  Please wait before upgrading your live site to D7.3, if you're using PKForum, until we announce our testing has been completed.  Please note, we are testing on a default install of Dolphin 7.3 with only a minimal number of modules installed.  We cannot test all possibilities.  If you (hopefully) have a separate "test" site for checking how your live-site set up will react to an upgrade to D7.3, and have some extra free time, we'd truly appreciate your help with testing PKForum.  Thank you, Paul :-)

14 Mar 2016

Hi,

I've upgraded to 7.3.0 already and have PKforum installed. The website isn't live yet but am happy to give you admin access to it so you can do the testing you need on a site with many paid modules.

Please PM me personally with the type of access you require (web admin should be enough) and I'll set it all up for you.

Prashank and I are testing PKForum 1.1.1 on Dolphin 7.3 and have found an database query error.  Please wait before upgrading your live site to D7.3, if you're using PKForum, until we announce our testing has been completed.  Please note, we are testing on a default install of Dolphin 7.3 with only a minimal number of modules installed.  We cannot test all possibilities.  If you (hopefully) have a separate "test" site for checking how your live-site set up will react to an upgrade to D7.3, and have some extra free time, we'd truly appreciate your help with testing PKForum.  Thank you, Paul :-)

15 Mar 2016

Update v1.2.0 with support for Dolphin Pro 7.3 has been released. Clients can download the update package from https://manage.dolphinhelp.com/. It includes a readme with update instructions.

25 Mar 2016

Just updated to v1.2.0 on Dolphin Pro 7.3 and got 1 error.

Instead of the date appearing, I see F d, Y everywhere (image attached).

Not sure how to fix.

v73pkforum-date-error.png · 27K · 219 views
14 May 2016

As a follow-up: even after uploading & then recompiling language(s) a few times, under Installed Modules it still lists as v1.1.0 instead of v1.2.0. Odd. Cleared cache too.

15 May 2016

As a follow-up: even after uploading & then recompiling language(s) a few times, under Installed Modules it still lists as v1.1.0 instead of v1.2.0. Odd. Cleared cache too.

Did you used the upgrade package to do so? cuz there is a script that you need to run to complete the upgrade. Replacing the files wouldn't do it.

so much to do....
16 May 2016

Hi Prashank.

I knew there had to be some sort of script! But I do not see it (nor instructions for it in the readme file).

Looked thru the entire zip package I downloaded over the weekend from the extensions marketplace.

The main folders inside are Mac, 7.1.x, 7.2, 7.3 and pkforum migrator. Within 7.3 I don't see a script. Pkforum migrator scripts are for Orca forums & from 2014.

What am I missing?

16 May 2016

What am I missing?

this

Update v1.2.0 with support for Dolphin Pro 7.3 has been released. Clients can download the update package from https://manage.dolphinhelp.com/. It includes a readme with update instructions.

so much to do....
16 May 2016

Ahh! Thank you. I will not download from the Boonex website in the future.

Found the update script.

One more problem, I have v1.1.1 installed (restored backup files to before upgrade to v1.2.0), but under Installed Modules it still lists v1.1.0. I did recompile languages.

I don't see an update script from v1.1.0 to v1.1.1.

Cannot upgrade to v1.2.0. Error message when I run the above update script "This update is for version 1.1.1. You have version 1.1.0 installed."

16 May 2016

Ahh! Thank you. I will not download from the Boonex website in the future.

Found the update script.

One more problem, I have v1.1.1 installed, but under Installed Modules it still lists v1.1.0. I did recompile languages.

I don't see an update script from v1.1.0 to v1.1.1.

Cannot upgrade to v1.2.0. Error message when I run the above update script "This update is for version 1.1.1. You have version 1.1.0 installed."

Hmm... i guess i will update that script to include v1.1.1. For now, try running this sql query on your database:

UPDATE `sys_modules` SET `version` = '1.1.1' WHERE `uri` = 'forums';

clear the cache and run the script again.

so much to do....
16 May 2016

That one sql query fixed it all. Thank you!

16 May 2016

After updating to v7.3, I have formatting & link problems for pkforum posts in the Timeline. (image attached).

1. every forum link in the timeline includes a /0//# at the end which takes users to the very bottom of that particular forum page.

2. the formatting of the link title itself is no longer standard like all other links.

3. lengthy forum link titles get hidden behind the like, comment & repost buttons.

17 May 2016

After updating to v7.3, I have formatting & link problems for pkforum posts in the Timeline. (image attached).

1. every forum link in the timeline includes a /0//# at the end which takes users to the very bottom of that particular forum page.

2. the formatting of the link title itself is no longer standard like all other links.

3. lengthy forum link titles get hidden behind the like, comment & repost buttons.

I will fix those and release an update in a day or 2.

so much to do....
17 May 2016

Any word on the release of the update above (timeline post formatting)?

Thanks!

21 May 2016

Any word on the release of the update above (timeline post formatting)?

Thanks!

I just checked and i didn't see any issues with layout.

so much to do....
21 May 2016

Hi Prashank.

Ok, I've not gone crazy (at least not yet). Found most of the problem. The Timeline formatting issues for a very, very long title & the /0//# at the end of each post link (which annoyingly directs users to the very bottom of a forum page) are both Google Chrome specific. For whatever reason, the latest version of Chrome is producing several issues across all my Dolphin sites with v7.3 including extensions. All other browsers - OK.

The one remaining issue in the Timeline was that pkforum posts were no longer displaying like all other timeline posts. I had to change wall_topic.html and replace it with parts of the v1.1.1 version of that file. Now it displays again perfectly like all others.

22 May 2016

basic question as its been a while since I've used PK but am looking to use it on a new site build...

when creating a forum or thread, can these be made to 'invite only' or set to certain membership group only?

1 Jun 2016

basic question as its been a while since I've used PK but am looking to use it on a new site build...

when creating a forum or thread, can these be made to 'invite only' or set to certain membership group only?

You can edit a forum/category visibility to limit it to a single membership. So anyone who is not in that membership will not see that forum so no topics either.

http://prntscr.com/bb0izz

so much to do....
1 Jun 2016
8 Jun 2016

Below is the legacy version of the Boonex site, maintained for Dolphin.Pro 7.x support.
The new Dolphin solution is powered by UNA Community Management System.