Password Problems

Hi,

I've just installed Dolphin and now I want to log in to the admin panel. However my user name and password dont work.

Is there any way other than re-installing it that I can find out what th eproblem is. I wrote the user name and password down during the install. I'm wondering if the software may have appended it or reset it to a default passowrd?

Anybody else have any ideas? Or am I going to have to reinstall it?

Cheers

Max

Quote · 29 May 2008

Try chopping your admin user name to 10 characters and see if that works. You can also see what the username is in the database under the admin table.

BoonEx Certified Host: Zarconia.net - Fully Supported Shared and Dedicated for Dolphin
Quote · 29 May 2008

Hi,

Thanks for that. I changed my user-name to under 10 characters and it worked.

Thanks a bunch.

Cheers

Max

(PS - Something like that you'd think they'd put in the install instructions... we spend so much time these days being told to pick extra hard longer passwords... you do it and you get screwed... oh well...)

Quote · 30 May 2008

Haha, that's true.. plus all the wasted time because almost EVERYONE does this same thing the first time they install :-)

BoonEx Certified Host: Zarconia.net - Fully Supported Shared and Dedicated for Dolphin
Quote · 1 Jun 2008

dont sweat it max, it happened to me after my 25th install, so i was way wigging. good job on getting things going.

later,
DosDawg

When a GIG is not enough --> Terabyte Dolphin Technical Support - Server Management and Support
Quote · 3 Jun 2008

Hi,

Yup I have to thank mscott for the help there on this one. I have emailed boonex to ask them to add it to their documentation. Perhaps if more people send an email we can get them on the ball.

Cheers

Max

Quote · 3 Jun 2008

If you ever lose your password you can try this.

Updating my BoonexNerd.net site.
Quote · 4 Jun 2008

I am having problems logging in to my admin panel. I enter the username (5 characters long) and password but it does not work. The login pops up again. Please help

Thank

Quote · 6 Jun 2008

Make sure your browser accept cookies.

----
Quote · 6 Jun 2008

Thanks for replying so quickly. I do have the browser accepting cookies. In fact I have tried with 3 different browsers. I can login as a user after creating a test user but not in the admin panel.

Please help,

Rufu

Quote · 6 Jun 2008

You can try replacing the following files,

inc/admin.inc.php

inc/admin_design.inc.php

admin/index.php

----
Quote · 7 Jun 2008

What do you mean try replacing the files?

inc/admin.inc.php

inc/admin_design.inc.php

admin/index.php

Thank

Quote · 7 Jun 2008

rufus,

i sent you an email man. need to login to your dbase, see what the username is, create a new password for the admin account, and you will be able to login.

later,
DosDawg

When a GIG is not enough --> Terabyte Dolphin Technical Support - Server Management and Support
Quote · 8 Jun 2008

Delete those files from your server and re-upload them from new pack of dolphin.

If you are using the wrong password and forgot the one registered you can try the DosDawg solution.

----
Quote · 8 Jun 2008

I reinstalled the entire program. I tried with the default login and password. I even went in to my database via phpmyadmin and saw the username and password. I checked the password and it is dolphin (encrypted of course). I even tried by creating a user account and copying and pasting the password from the new user account and eniring it in the password field of the admin via phpmyadmin but nothing... Do you think it has anything to do with the .htaccess? I don't understand because Everything seems to be working fine with loging in as a user so I know it has nothing to do with cookies but I just cannot get in as admin.

Database

Quote · 8 Jun 2008

OK, so I called my tech support for my dedicated server and apparently the directory was protected so he took it off and now it works. I apreciate all the help you guys gave me.

Thanks, cheers!!!

Rufu

Quote · 8 Jun 2008

@ rufus

Thank you for your feedback :-)

I learned something thanks to you ;-)

Life is a fatal disease, sexually transmissible - Virginity is carcinogenic! Ask here for vaccine.
Quote · 8 Jun 2008

Below is the legacy version of the Boonex site, maintained for Dolphin.Pro 7.x support.
The new Dolphin solution is powered by UNA Community Management System.