PayPal redirect - Payment Result

I set up my PayPal account and Dolphin for PayPal payments. It worked OK with 7.0.0 but when I upgraded to 7.0.1 my payment are not processed in Dolphin. PayPal redirects me to this address:
http://www.mydomain.com/m/payment/act_finalize_checkout/paypal/0
where it says No Data Given in grayed writing with border.
The item still remain in shopping cart.

Any ideas?
Thanks.

Quote · 26 May 2010

Did you ever figure this out?  I seem to be having a similar issue.

Quote · 2 Aug 2010

Hello

If you are receiving 'No Data Given' then you need to check the selected 'Process type' in Dolphin's Payment module and also check in which mode your PayPal is working.

---

Best Regards

Anton

Best Regards AntonLV - http://www.boonex.com/market/posts/AntonLV
Quote · 4 Aug 2010

Yes, it is sorted now. As Anton said you need to check your PayPal setting and make them match to Dolphin. I use Process type: IPN and Connection type: SSL in Dolphin and it works fine.

Quote · 4 Sep 2010

Hello,
here is a feedback for paypal Direct payment with D7.3 not tested with PDT nor IPN mode but that should work too with modifications.
You have to modify some files in order to make it work (protocol HTTP1.1 for paypal).
In \modules\boonex\payment\classes\BxPmtPayPal.php because of the used version of HTTP for communicating through the socket:
    function _readValidationData($sConnectionUrl, $sRequest)
    {
        $iErrCode = 0;
        $sErrMessage = "";
        if($this->getOption('cnt_type') == PP_CNT_TYPE_SSL)
            $rSocket = fsockopen("ssl://" . $sConnectionUrl, 443, $iErrCode, $sErrMessage, 60);
        else
            $rSocket = fsockopen("tcp://" . $sConnectionUrl, 80, $iErrCode, $sErrMessage, 60);

// Is connexion ok ?
        if(!$rSocket)
            return array('code' => 2, 'message' => 'Can\'t connect to remote host for validation (' . $sErrMessage . ')');

// Else put message on socket with paypal server
        fputs($rSocket, "POST /cgi-bin/webscr HTTP/1.1\r\n"); // Protocol HTTP/1.1 and "\r\n\r\n" as separator
        fputs($rSocket, "Host: $sConnectionUrl\r\n");
        fputs($rSocket, "Content-type: application/x-www-form-urlencoded\r\n");
        fputs($rSocket, "Content-length: " . strlen($sRequest) . "\r\n");
        fputs($rSocket, "Connection: close\r\n\r\n");
        fputs($rSocket, $sRequest . "\r\n\r\n");  

// wait for response from Paypal
        $sResponse = '';
        while(!feof($rSocket))
            $sResponse .= fread($rSocket, 1024);
        fclose($rSocket);

list($sResponseHeader, $sResponseContent) = explode("\r\n\r\n", $sResponse);

return array('code' => 0, 'content' => explode("\n", $sResponseContent));
    }
Moreover, "content" field is badly tested in     function _validateCheckout(&$aData):
--> change $aResponse['content'][1] in place of $aResponse['content'][0]

if(strcmp($aResponse['content'][1], "INVALID") == 0)
                return array('code' => -1, 'message' => _t('_payment_pp_err_wrong_transaction'));
            else if(strcmp($aResponse['content'][1], "VERIFIED") != 0)
                return array('code' => 2, 'message' => _t('_payment_pp_err_wrong_verification_status'));
Be aware that  the dateExpires field can block the cart update in inc\membership_levels.inc.php
function setMembership
Modify following your needs...
Hope it helps as I lost many hours on this :)

Quote · 8 Jun 2016

Ive been on it 3 days and still no solution. Since upgrading this forum has got real slow for somereason. I mean responses etc.

I tried replacing the current function in V7.3.3 with the code above in tvween's post but that doesnt work in my case using IP neither sandbox nor live..

WTF boonex, come on you cant tell me that you create this great product the fk up on the payment system?

Im no developer so shouldnt comment really but wtf. 3 days? still no solution in sight?

Enhance Your Onlne Experience. 4eLife.com
Quote · 22 Jun 2017

That code was posted back in June of 2016; don't you think that Boonex has already addressed any problems with the payment module?  Don't just add code until you figure out what the problem is.

Geeks, making the world a better place
Quote · 23 Jun 2017

Below is the legacy version of the Boonex site, maintained for Dolphin.Pro 7.x support.
The new Dolphin solution is powered by UNA Community Management System.