Payments Have Stopped Working - Help Please.

I spent a long time getting the payments setup using IPN and it worked fine. However, I have upgraded to Version 7.3.3 and now the payment system doesnt work. I havent changed the settings so something must be wrong with the code.

Oh by the way the store module is setup as well as the paypal payments module but when I add an item to the cart (membership) after payment is made at paypal the member isnt upgraded and the new membership is still in the cart.

Any help appreciated.

Enhance Your Onlne Experience. 4eLife.com
Quote · 20 Jun 2017

Not enough information to answer.  If you are willing, I could go in and look at things.

Geeks, making the world a better place
Quote · 21 Jun 2017

Thanks for the response Geek_Girl, I have completely locked down the vps the site is running on and so cant divulge the ssh keys. I don't run an ftp on the server at all.

Quote · 22 Jun 2017

I am currently trying the sandbox but that doesnt work either. Settings are:

text

IPN

sandbox@domain.com

All other fields blank.

Return url in paypal is: https://domain.com/m/payment/act_finalize_checkout/paypal/0

If its not working it must be one of the files changed since the paypal update to only link to https. I have https.

All server requirements are met and permissions check out ok.

Apache log shows nothing of use.

The only thing that I can find that mentions an error in7.3.3 is the remark made by "tvween" at the bottom of the page: here: https://www.boonex.com/n/Payments_in_Dolphin

Not sure what to add now as it seems straight forward enough.. yet doesnt work??

bump

Quote · 22 Jun 2017

In the sandbox test the return url is returning to the following url after payment:

https://domain.com/m/payment/cart/?

and not:

Quote · 22 Jun 2017

There are times you have to trust people in life when you can't do it yourself.  I have a solid reputation.  It isn't as if I want to do this; hunting down problems is no fun. 

Quote · 23 Jun 2017

Thanks geek girl. The problem at present isnt trust. Its security. for myself I mean. I am learning about this stuff and don't want any issues giving out ssh keys. That was the point of learning how to do security. Not there yet but when I full understand it myself I will pass the server maintainance to a tech guy, but like I said I aint ready for that yet.

Thanks for the responses and for your time and effort but I replicated a dolphin site I have and am in the process of moving all content over and replecating the content into the new version.

I understand people have their own interests but to be honest since the new site upgrade from the old forum, this one seems very disjointed and not as active as it was. Not sure whether thats true or not.

However what is true is that dolphin out of all the scripts I use has given me massive problems to solve (not being a developer myself) and seeking help usually takes too much time but I understand users input at their own cost so thanks to all the geeks that do thal. lol Much appreciated.

Anyways, for now it seems Im on the way to solving the issues, but why one of my sites works and the other doesnt beats me. They went through the same upgrade path at the same time.

Anyways, again thanks for the input, much appreciated.

Quote · 23 Jun 2017

The problem could be with your settings at PayPal.  Why don't you set up a new clean site of Dolphin with a clean database as a test site.  See if the Payment module works on the clean site with your current paypal settings.  If yes, then you know it is not the PayPal account settings.  Remember that what you set at PayPal is what you set at the Payment module; IPN on both sides, or PDT on both sides etc.

Quote · 23 Jun 2017

Thanks again for the response. I actually have one site that works and so tried this.

In my paypal return url is setup to: domain1.com......etc

Domain 1 is the one with the issue.

I tested  domain 2 with same return url (domain2.com...)

And this worked so the return url using IPN isnt necessary.

As mentioned I have already moved everything over and tested everything and the domain1.com site is now working.

I did pm you to see if you could login an take a look, but I believe this is a database issue. NOT a setting issue.

I say that because all settings within dolphin are exactly the same.

I superimposed domain2 files onto domain1 files and that didnt solve the issue. 

I then downloaded fresh files from boonex and superimposed those, that made no difference.

It wasnt until the database from 2 was brought into the equasion that domain 1 started working.

I did PM you and ask you to login as mentioned but that is no longer necessary as I contacted boonex support and they said they will look into it.

So thanks again for your efforts geek_girl.

Quote · 24 Jun 2017

Below is the legacy version of the Boonex site, maintained for Dolphin.Pro 7.x support.
The new Dolphin solution is powered by UNA Community Management System.