Permalinks are not working.

I have set up my VPS with Dolphin and it is working; typing the domain name takes me to the site.  However, my permalinks are not working; returns file not found.  I am running on an Ubuntu 12.04 LTS 64 server with Apache 2.  I have webmin installed to help with configurations.  I am guessing some changes to the .htaccess but not sure what I need to add or change.  Any help appreciated as always.

Geeks, making the world a better place
Quote · 18 Nov 2012

Two things.

1) For ubuntu, you need to make sure mod_rewrite is enabled. Run this from a shell. sudo a2enmod rewrite

2) Make sure overrides are allowed in the apache webserver. How to do that will depend on version of apache thats installed.

In older versions of Apache all virtual host directory directives were managed in the /etc/apache2/apache2.conf file. This has changed. Now these alterations are handled within the /etc/apache2/sites-enabled/ directory. Within that directory you will find, by default, a single file called 000-default. If you open that file up for editing you will see, at the top, the two sections you need to edit in order to enable the rewrite engine for the document root of your Apache server.

First look in the <Directory /> section and change the line:

AllowOverride None

to

AllowOverride All

Do the same for the <Directory /var/www/> section.

Once you have the file edited, restart Apache with the command:

sudo /etc/init.d/apache2 restart

Google search for ubuntu htaccess will turn up a lot of information on setting up a ubuntu webserver.

I am a CentOS person myself. I grew up with redhat. I cannot stand Ubuntu.

https://www.deanbassett.com
Quote · 18 Nov 2012

Thank you, you were correct on all points.  Permalinks are now working.  Thanks.

When I purchased the VPS, I had a choice of several OSes.  I was not sure which one to go with so just left it at the first one in the list.  On my home PBX, I am running CentOS; although working with a PBX does not really help here Laughing.

Geeks, making the world a better place
Quote · 18 Nov 2012

Below is the legacy version of the Boonex site, maintained for Dolphin.Pro 7.x support.
The new Dolphin solution is powered by UNA Community Management System.