Perplexing question

Maybe,  there are some opinions on this subject that I would find helpful. Here's the scenario...

You stop at a  taco stand, and order the beef fajita/tacos that come with onions and cilantro, served on a hot corn tortilla.  Here's the dilemma... should you put green salsa on it, or should you put red salsa on it before you eat it?  I often lay awake worrying about this sort of thing.  Tonight, I went with the green tomatillo salsa..... but I'm not sure I did the right thing.

My opinions expressed on this site, in no way represent those of Boonex or Boonex employees.
Quote · 30 Jun 2010

Just go to White Castle.

BoonEx Certified Host: Zarconia.net - Fully Supported Shared and Dedicated for Dolphin
Quote · 30 Jun 2010

Just go to White Castle.

There's no White Castle in Texas son

My opinions expressed on this site, in no way represent those of Boonex or Boonex employees.
Quote · 30 Jun 2010

Just go to White Castle.

There's no White Castle in Texas son

Neither in Massachusetts. It's a cruel world.

BoonEx Certified Host: Zarconia.net - Fully Supported Shared and Dedicated for Dolphin
Quote · 30 Jun 2010

I'm talking about authentic roadside cuisine. I know MA doesn't have that sort of thing.

Quote · 30 Jun 2010

I'm talking about authentic roadside cuisine. I know MA doesn't have that sort of thing.

We have a hot dog stand.

Quote · 30 Jun 2010

We have a hot dog stand.

Hot dogs????  You do know that they use a higher quality of meat in the production of dog food.... don't you??

Quote · 30 Jun 2010

We have a hot dog stand.

Hot dogs????  You do know that they use a higher quality of meat in the production of dog food.... don't you??

Which is just as delicious, if not more so.

Quote · 30 Jun 2010

We have a hot dog stand.

Which is just as delicious, if not more so.

Perhaps so...if you happen to have canine ancestry.  Getting back to the original post of this thread ... it is often a difficult decision whether or not to put green salsa, or red salsa on your beef fajitas.

Son... living in MA..... do you even know what a beef fajita is?

Quote · 30 Jun 2010

Yes, and I don't fancy them too much.

Quote · 30 Jun 2010

Simple... two tacos!

Happiness is a warm gun.
Quote · 30 Jun 2010

Neither.

Hot sauce. The burn your ass hole on the way out the next day kind.

But I live in Ma too. Hot dog stands are all i have ever seen. Except when i went to boston once. There was a hot pretzel stand.

https://www.deanbassett.com
Quote · 30 Jun 2010

great... now im hungry

Happiness is a warm gun.
Quote · 30 Jun 2010

I do too. We do have restaurants here. Not very many good ones.

I love chinese food. Must be a dozen chinese restaurants within a 10-15 mile range of me, and most of them suck.

Ma sucks. We can't even carry our guns around.

https://www.deanbassett.com
Quote · 30 Jun 2010

C'mon HL. Green salsa is for girls. Everyone knows that.

/DM

Dolphin - Ajax Masturbation
Quote · 30 Jun 2010

C'mon HL. Green salsa is for girls. Everyone knows that.

/DM

Not in New Mexico.  In Texas.... usually.  The green stuff at this taco stand I stop at occasionally, is not your average green stuff.... it's got some heat.

Quote · 30 Jun 2010

I generally use both, but if I had to pick one it would be the red mainly because of the color.

Quote · 1 Jul 2010

I highly recommend giving this a try:

Tacos Carne Asada

Ingredients

• 2 pounds flank or skirt steak, trimmed of excess fat
  • 1 recipe Mojo, recipe follows
  • Olive oil, for coating the grill
  • Kosher salt and freshly ground black pepper
  • 16 (7-inch) corn tortillas
  • Shredded romaine or iceberg lettuce, for serving  *** useless
  • Chopped white onion, for serving
  • Shredded Jack cheese, for serving ***This has no business being here, if you ask me
  • 1/2 cup Pico de Gallo, recipe follows
  • 2 limes, cut in wedges for serving

Directions

Lay the flank steak in a large baking dish and pour the mojo over it. Wrap tightly in plastic wrap and refrigerate for 1 hour or up to 8 hours, so the flavors can sink into the meat. Don't marinate the steak for more than 8 hours though, or the fibers break down too much and the meat gets mushy.

Preheat an outdoor grill or a ridged grill pan over medium-high flame (you can also use a broiler). Brush the grates with a little oil to prevent the meat from sticking. Pull the steak out of the mojo marinade and season the steak on both sides with salt and pepper. Grill (or broil) the steak for 7 to 10 minutes per side, turning once, until medium-rare. Remove the steak to a cutting board and let it rest for 5 minutes to allow the juices to settle. Thinly slice the steak across the grain on a diagonal.

Warm the tortillas for 30 seconds on each side in a dry skillet or on the grill, until toasty and pliable.

To make the tacos, stack up 2 of the warm tortillas, lay about 4 ounces of beef down the center, and sprinkle with some ***lettuce, onion, and ***cheese. Top each taco with a spoonful of the Pico de Gallo salsa and garnish with lime wedges. Repeat with the remaining tortillas.

Mojo:

• 4 garlic cloves, minced
  • 1 jalapeno, minced
  • 1 large handful fresh cilantro leaves, finely chopped
  • 2 limes, juiced
  • 1 orange, juiced
  • 2 tablespoons white vinegar
  • 1/2 cup olive oil

In a mortar and pestle or bowl, mash together the garlic, jalapeno, cilantro, salt, and pepper to make a paste. Put the paste in a glass jar or plastic container. Add the lime juice, orange juice, vinegar, and oil. Shake it up really well to combine. Use as a marinade for chicken or beef or as a table condiment.

Yield: approximately 1 1/4 cups

Pico De Gallo:

• 4 vine-ripe tomatoes, chopped
  • 1/2 medium red onion, chopped
  • 2 green onions, white and green parts, sliced
  • 1 Serrano chile, minced
  • 1 handful fresh cilantro leaves, chopped
  • 3 garlic cloves, minced
  • 1 lime, juiced
  • 1/4 cup extra-virgin olive oil
  • 1 teaspoon kosher salt

In a mixing bowl, combine all ingredients together. Toss thoroughly. Let it sit for 15 minutes hour to allow the flavors to marry.

Yield: 2 cups

Quote · 1 Jul 2010

Can't wait to try this, thanks for sharing.

I highly recommend giving this a try:

Tacos Carne Asada

Ingredients

• 2 pounds flank or skirt steak, trimmed of excess fat
  • 1 recipe Mojo, recipe follows
  • Olive oil, for coating the grill
  • 16 (7-inch) corn tortillas
  • Shredded romaine or iceberg lettuce, for serving  *** useless
  • Chopped white onion, for serving
  • Shredded Jack cheese, for serving ***This has no business being here, if you ask me
  • 1/2 cup Pico de Gallo, recipe follows
  • 2 limes, cut in wedges for serving

Directions

Lay the flank steak in a large baking dish and pour the mojo over it. Wrap tightly in plastic wrap and refrigerate for 1 hour or up to 8 hours, so the flavors can sink into the meat. Don't marinate the steak for more than 8 hours though, or the fibers break down too much and the meat gets mushy.

Preheat an outdoor grill or a ridged grill pan over medium-high flame (you can also use a broiler). Brush the grates with a little oil to prevent the meat from sticking. Pull the steak out of the mojo marinade and season the steak on both sides with salt and pepper. Grill (or broil) the steak for 7 to 10 minutes per side, turning once, until medium-rare. Remove the steak to a cutting board and let it rest for 5 minutes to allow the juices to settle. Thinly slice the steak across the grain on a diagonal.

Warm the tortillas for 30 seconds on each side in a dry skillet or on the grill, until toasty and pliable.

To make the tacos, stack up 2 of the warm tortillas, lay about 4 ounces of beef down the center, and sprinkle with some ***lettuce, onion, and ***cheese. Top each taco with a spoonful of the Pico de Gallo salsa and garnish with lime wedges. Repeat with the remaining tortillas.

Mojo:

• 4 garlic cloves, minced
  • 1 jalapeno, minced
  • 1 large handful fresh cilantro leaves, finely chopped
  • 2 limes, juiced
  • 1 orange, juiced
  • 2 tablespoons white vinegar
  • 1/2 cup olive oil

In a mortar and pestle or bowl, mash together the garlic, jalapeno, cilantro, salt, and pepper to make a paste. Put the paste in a glass jar or plastic container. Add the lime juice, orange juice, vinegar, and oil. Shake it up really well to combine. Use as a marinade for chicken or beef or as a table condiment.

Yield: approximately 1 1/4 cups

Pico De Gallo:

• 4 vine-ripe tomatoes, chopped
  • 1/2 medium red onion, chopped
  • 2 green onions, white and green parts, sliced
  • 1 Serrano chile, minced
  • 1 handful fresh cilantro leaves, chopped
  • 3 garlic cloves, minced
  • 1 lime, juiced
  • 1/4 cup extra-virgin olive oil
  • 1 teaspoon kosher salt

In a mixing bowl, combine all ingredients together. Toss thoroughly. Let it sit for 15 minutes hour to allow the flavors to marry.

Yield: 2 cups

Quote · 6 Jul 2010

Below is the legacy version of the Boonex site, maintained for Dolphin.Pro 7.x support.
The new Dolphin solution is powered by UNA Community Management System.