Pix from unapproved users posting to timeline

When someone signs up and adds a profile pic, it adds this to the site timeline and to the photos module before they have been approved.  How do we keep this from happening? I do want new users to upload a profile pic when they join, but I don't want anyone to see it until they have been approved as users.

Quote · 25 Mar 2017

I had a similar problem where unapproved members could still log on and see thumbs and the photos cover. Maybe their profile photo was also posted to the timeline, but I didn't check.

The photo will get posted to the Photos module because that's where it's stored. You may be able to see it there but can others? That's why it's essential to set up a test profile for you to see what others see. The same goes with the timeline. You see everything, but members only see the timeline of their friends if I recall. As the unapproved member is a friend of no one, nobody should be able to see the photo except you as admin (maybe).

In any case, I fixed my problem and made the site far more secure by using a small free mod supplied by AntonLV. Here's the discussion and the link to the mod:

https://www.boonex.com/forums/topic/Unapproved-member-can-see-Photo-and-Video-home.htm

Hope this helps.

Quote · 26 Mar 2017

You rock.  Thanks!

Quote · 26 Mar 2017

Below is the legacy version of the Boonex site, maintained for Dolphin.Pro 7.x support.
The new Dolphin solution is powered by UNA Community Management System.