Plugins

Just downloaded Boonex...

Are there other plugins apart from ray or orca?

Cheers

Quote · 10 Jul 2008

yes there are a few third party mods that you can find here as extensions or over on expertzzz.com be careful what you purchase, some of these guys are not up to par, and once they get your money you wont hear from them any more. so just be careful over on expertzzz, read the comments and posts from users who have downloaded and installed the mods.

later,

DosDawg

When a GIG is not enough --> Terabyte Dolphin Technical Support - Server Management and Support
Quote · 10 Jul 2008

yes there are a few third party mods that you can find here as extensions or over on expertzzz.com be careful what you purchase, some of these guys are not up to par, and once they get your money you wont hear from them any more. so just be careful over on expertzzz, read the comments and posts from users who have downloaded and installed the mods.

later,

DosDawg

Thank you for the response.

I am used to using CMS that is free ie under GNU GPL (general public licenses). I have stumbled on this and am associating myself with it. From my first interaction, it looks as though plugins are free to the extent that adverts have to be included.

Are there free plugins (ad free too) developed by the community for the community to utilise?

Many thanks

ICED

Quote · 10 Jul 2008

Yes, there is usually 2 version "extended-mods" not so much :) But the core of Dolphin and its Ray Mods come free with ads and w/purchase ads and lic go away. But remember to use the proper Dolphin with the proper licensing they are not cross compatiable.

Quote · 13 Jul 2008

err this is now a bit confusing, the "proper Dolphin"?? How many versions of dolphin are there? The one I use is the one I downloaded here for free but with ads. Is that cross compatible with the dolphin that you get when you pay? If I like this free version, I may pay for the unlimited version and it will be a shame if they are not cross compatible

Quote · 14 Jul 2008

Not confusing just specific. The Free Dolphin you downloaded and configured can be licensed in the licensing section of your Unity Membership. Just select the appropriate license from the list and generate it. Load it into Dolphin,Orca,Ray accordingly. That's all.

But if you decided to go with AdFree down the road you will have to reload your Dolphin/Upgrade and also your Ray.

Does that help clarify.?

Quote · 14 Jul 2008

Iced, there are two versions of Dolphin.. "free" and "adfree". Those names really refer to the Ray "widgets". The free version has widgets with ads and the ad-free version has widgets without ads, you have to get licenses for either version but the licenses are free for the "free" version. I know that is confusing. Bother versions have the boonex logos at the bottom that can be removed by buying a copy of the Dolphin license (seperate from the Ray licenses).

But to answer your orginal question about plugins.. there are zillions of them here:

http://www.expertzzz.com/downloadz/home/

but like DosDawg said, buyer beware!

Oh, and the versions are compatible.. you just change out the /ray folder.. that is the only difference in the "free" and "ad-free"..

Hope this helped

Mike

BoonEx Certified Host: Zarconia.net - Fully Supported Shared and Dedicated for Dolphin
Quote · 15 Jul 2008

Guys thanks for your useful pointers and comments...

That cleares a lot of clouds from my head to be honest.

Thanks again

iced

Quote · 15 Jul 2008

Below is the legacy version of the Boonex site, maintained for Dolphin.Pro 7.x support.
The new Dolphin solution is powered by UNA Community Management System.