Pm Outbox very annoying issue

Will someone of the BoonEx staff soon fix the Author that have to be replaced with Recipient issue in the PM Outbox ?

This is a very annoying issue for the site's members every day use :-( I don't think that this bug will be so hard to fix for such skilled developers ;-)

Life is a fatal disease, sexually transmissible - Virginity is carcinogenic! Ask here for vaccine.
Quote · 10 Feb 2010

Is that the ordinary mail or something else? As I do not get this issue. Author and recipient are in the appropriate locations in the outbox.

Quote · 10 Feb 2010

In the Outbox, this is the Author of the message (which cannot be anybody else but the owner of the account) who is displayed.

This is an absurdity. This is of course the recipient of the sent message who has to be displayed...

@cbassthefish,

If you have the recipient displayed in the right place, that could be only because you modified the script or because you are not using D7 ??? 

Life is a fatal disease, sexually transmissible - Virginity is carcinogenic! Ask here for vaccine.
Quote · 11 Feb 2010

Yes I am using D7. The only changes I have made to it are some css changes and photoshopped some of the menu images. Apart from that it is a default install of the latest version of D7.

mail outbox

In the Outbox, this is the Author of the message (which cannot be anybody else but the owner of the account) who is displayed.

This is an absurdity. This is of course the recipient of the sent message who has to be displayed...

@cbassthefish,

If you have the recipient displayed in the right place, that could be only because you modified the script or because you are not using D7 ???

Quote · 11 Feb 2010

Yes :-) This is that I mean. If you send 30 messages, you will see 30 times your Avatar in the Author column. This is without any interest as I already know that the Author of the messages I have sent is me :-))

I'd like this Author column to be changed for Recipient as it will be much more interesting to me to know to whom I have sent messages ;-)

Quote · 11 Feb 2010

No disrespect but I do not get it. I want the author to read my name for all most Outbox mail and then maybe have a column that has the person that got my post i.e. Recipient. So Author reads my name "cbassthefish" (Author. As that is the case) and the person I sent it to who read it: "MichelSwiss". Recipient. So a seperate column is needed for Recipient as I understand it. Correct? Or am I just getting things arse about face :P Sorry if I am

Yes :-) This is that I mean. If you send 30 messages, you will see 30 times your Avatar in the Author column. This is without any interest as I already know that the Author of the messages I have sent is me :-))

I'd like this Author column to be changed for Recipient as it will be much more interesting to me to know to whom I have sent messages ;-)

Quote · 11 Feb 2010

@cbassthefish

What MichaelSwiss is trying to say is that there is no point having the author column cause who else would have sent it but you? It would be as silly as having a column titled "Message Type" then with every message you sent having the word "Email"as the answer. You know it's an email and you know it was you that sent it so why take up the space?

Would make much more sense to have the name of the recipient.....as many of my members have been asking for.

Also, while we are on the topic, it should be changed to "Sent Items" instead of "Outbox". An outbox is actually a list of emails that are waiting to be sent.

No disrespect but I do not get it. I want the author to read my name for all most Outbox mail and then maybe have a column that has the person that got my post i.e. Recipient. So Author reads my name "cbassthefish" (Author. As that is the case) and the person I sent it to who read it: "MichelSwiss". Recipient. So a seperate column is needed for Recipient as I understand it. Correct? Or am I just getting things arse about face :P Sorry if I am

Quote · 11 Feb 2010

Ahhh getting you now. Yes seems sensible now you put it like that. Thanks for putting me straight. Just a mental block on my part

Quote · 12 Feb 2010

templates/base/scripts/BxBaseMailBox.php

It looks like Boonex combined the inbox & outbox functions here and did not put a switch in to toggle properly when going from inbox to outbox to show who you sent to.  I might be wrong, but this looks like the strings that handle it mainly. 

/**
         * Function will generate block with users message archive's list ;
         * @return         : Html presentation data ;
         */
        function getBlockCode_Archives()
        {
            global  $oSysTemplate;

// init some needed variables;

$sOutputHtml = null;
            $iSenderID     = 0;
            $iMessageOwner = 0;

// define message's owner ;
            $sQuery =
            "
                SELECT
                    `Sender`, `Recipient`
                FROM
                    `sys_messages`
                WHERE
                    `ID` = {$this -> aMailBoxSettings['messageID']}
                AND
                (
                    `Sender` = {$this -> aMailBoxSettings['member_id']}
                        OR
                    `Recipient` = {$this -> aMailBoxSettings['member_id']}
                )
            ";

$rResult = db_res($sQuery);   
            while( $aRow = mysql_fetch_assoc($rResult) )
            {
                $iMessageOwner = ( $aRow['Sender'] == $this -> aMailBoxSettings['member_id'] )
                    ? $aRow['Recipient']
                    : $aRow['Sender'];

$iSenderID = $aRow['Sender'];
            }

$sSenderNickName = getNickName($iMessageOwner);

// set default selected tab ;
            if ( !$this -> aMailBoxSettings['contacts_mode'])
            {
                if ($iSenderID != $this -> aMailBoxSettings['member_id'])
                    $this -> aMailBoxSettings['contacts_mode'] = 'From';
                else   
                    $this -> aMailBoxSettings['contacts_mode'] = 'To';
            }

// contain all found messages from member ;
            $sMessagesList          = $this -> genArchiveMessages();
            $aTopToggleEllements    = array();
            $aBottomToggleEllements = array();

// generate the top toggle ellements ;
            $sRequest = $_SERVER['PHP_SELF'] . '?mode=view_message';
            foreach( $this -> aRegisteredArchivesTypes AS $sKey => $sValue )
            {
                $aTopToggleEllements[ _t('_' . $sKey) . ' ' . $sSenderNickName ] = array
                (
                    'href'       => $sRequest . '&contacts_mode=' . $sKey . '&messageID=' . $this -> aMailBoxSettings['messageID'],
                    'dynamic'    => true,
                    'active'     => ($this -> aMailBoxSettings['contacts_mode'] == $sKey ),
                );
            }

$aLanguageKeys = array
            (
                'delete_messages' => _t( '_Delete'),
                'select_all'      => _t( '_Select all'),
                'spam_messages'   => _t( '_Spam report' ),
            );

// return builded data ;
            if ( empty($sMessagesList) )
                $sMessagesList = MsgBox(_t( '_Empty' ));

$aTemplateKeys = array
            (
                'select_messages'   => _t('_Please, select at least one message'),
                'are_you_sure'      => _t('_Are you sure?'),
                'delete_messages'   => $aLanguageKeys['delete_messages'],
                'spam_messages'     => $aLanguageKeys['spam_messages'],
                'messages_rows'     => $sMessagesList,
                'current_page'      => $_SERVER['PHP_SELF'],
                'select_all'        => $aLanguageKeys['select_all'],
            );

$sOutputHtml = $oSysTemplate -> parseHtmlByName( $this -> aUsedTemplates['archives_init_section'], $aTemplateKeys );

return array(  $sOutputHtml, $aTopToggleEllements );
        }

We can see the Message Archive being pulled and in all instances it's asking who the sender is, never asking who the recipient is.  If someone has time to play with this and add the extra code to the switch, then go for it.  This is a definite bug within the code. 

As far as changing outbox to "Sent"

Just change the Language Key.

Quote · 12 Feb 2010

Below is the legacy version of the Boonex site, maintained for Dolphin.Pro 7.x support.
The new Dolphin solution is powered by UNA Community Management System.