Problem with outline after update

Hello, I have a problem on website www.areavis.com with outline after upgrading to the latest version 7.3.5
The elements on the outline overlap and it does not look good, there are no spaces. Please help, how can I fix it?

ScreenHunter_702 Aug. 05 03.07.jpg · 137.5K · 181 views
Quote · 5 Aug 2018

I think you have introduced this error yourself. Clearly you've made changes to the outline which include making the left aligned text justified. In doing so, you've probably introduced other errors as well.

Quote · 5 Aug 2018

Not related to your problem.. after looking at your site, what is your site about except for the blogs?

ManOfTeal.COM a Proud UNA site, six years running strong!
Quote · 5 Aug 2018

I think you have introduced this error yourself. Clearly you've made changes to the outline which include making the left aligned text justified. In doing so, you've probably introduced other errors as well.

Thanks for reply, so I will have to play with the code. Although everything was fine before the upgrade.

Quote · 5 Aug 2018

Not related to your problem.. after looking at your site, what is your site about except for the blogs?

The problem occurs primarily on the firefox browser. For example, the chrome browser only shows this problem a few posts below. I didn't see the problem on the phone either. Of course, I cleaned all cookies in the admin panel and in browsers.

My website is primarily based on websites and blogs and individual categories.

Quote · 5 Aug 2018

Firefox may not be able to handle the justified text css. As a ex printer, I find that justifying doesn't work with narrow margins. The gaps between words are unavoidable.

Quote · 5 Aug 2018

Thank you for the advice but maybe there is also a problem with responsiveness? When I widen the screen from 100% to 120%, the problem disappears. When I move the screen back from 120% to 100%, the problem also disappears. Unfortunately, after refreshing the website, the problem returns again, even up to 120% wide screen.

Quote · 5 Aug 2018

Avoid justifying text. It may look cool to you, but it looks terrible to me. The word spacing issue will never be resolved.

Quote · 5 Aug 2018

Unfortunately, it didn't help. Even after restoring the original outline.css file and clearing cookies, this problem continues to occur. Is there any other way to investigate and fix this problem?

Quote · 6 Aug 2018

Is there really no solution for this problem? I haven't found a way yet.

Quote · 9 Aug 2018

The solution will be to uninstall the wall module, delete it from the server and reinstall the module from a clean  copy of Dolphin.

Before you do that however, The code for the outline you have justified is located in /modules/boonex/wall/templates/base/css/outline.css around line 59.

Replacing outline.css should resolve the problem.

Quote · 9 Aug 2018

By the way, deleting the wall module will clean out any past entries; you will only see new entries added to the site show up in the wall.  What you can do is to backup the wall data and then import it.  However, it shouldn't be necessary to remove the wall module to fix the issue.  I am available for hire if you are interested.

Geeks, making the world a better place
Quote · 9 Aug 2018

Thank you for your answers and willingness to help. Unfortunately, in the outline.css file, I have nothing to justify in the whole file. Once I even turned it into an original one with Dolphin 7.3.5 but it also didn't help. The problem is strange because after zooming the screen the outline looks fine. I suppose there may be something with responsiveness. I also believe that this can be somehow fixed without having to reinstall the module. The problem appeared only after updating to the latest version. Maybe there is still some other solution?

Quote · 9 Aug 2018

The thing is, your Outline is heavily modified as per your original screenshot. Either you or someone else made those modifications and you need to track them down.

Your latest screenshot seems to show an unmodified Outline so you're obviously looking in the wrong place.

Or maybe there's something you've failed to mention: Are you using a third party template? Did you make the original mods - red header, black justified description on yellow background? If yes, you need to locate those changes.

If you're using Chrome, right click the black on yellow description and choose Inspect from the options. You should see something like the sample attached. Look at the information in the red box. If you hover over it, you will see the exact path to your code.

If you're not seeing the right part, click where it says Optional and click the Outline description again.

You can experiment by ticking or unticking boxes on the right, but it's not permanent. You need to make the changes in  the code on your server.

This also works for Firefox in a similar way.

And yes, if you follow my original suggestion, it will delete the Outline history, but that may be a small price to pay if you can't resolve the problem.

Finally, another program you can use is Agent Ransack. It will search your entire site for a single word, but you need to download a copy of the site to your PC first.

code.jpg · 56.9K · 158 views
Quote · 10 Aug 2018

Hello, sorry for the delay in writing back to this problem but I worked on it as much as possible. Thank you for advice and further help. The situation looks like I still have not been able to fix it. It's already frustrating that after a regular update there was a complete disassembly of the outline. I'm beginning to regret that I did the update but so far there was not such a problem that the appearance changed so much after the update.

As you advised, I completely uninstalled the outline and reinstalled. Unfortunately, it didn't help. I've tried everything and I don't know where the problem is. I even tested the original template 7.3.5 and made everything original - css and html, cleaned all cookies and it still did not help. Outline was still overlaps.
I was even willing to start changing the css from the beginning on the original template .. but unfortunately the outline was still overlaps.

As for all the changes, I always used Firebug to inspect code and sooner or later I could find a way, but now it is impossible at the moment. It's really hard for me to say why the outline is overlaps.

I am asking for some more advice, the matter is really serious. And so I lost the outline history, I would like it to be finally fixed and I believe that with your help it will work.

Outline still looks bad, which can be seen on my homepage and screenshot.

Quote · 13 Aug 2018

There is one more thing, maybe it causes the outline to be overlaps. My website doesn't search spacer.gif even though the file is in a folder. Does anyone know why? https://www.areavis.com/templates/base/images/icons/spacer.gif

Quote · 13 Aug 2018

If you want to hire me; I can fix your outline problem.  Just send me a PM.

Quote · 14 Aug 2018

I still need definitely help in this area, not hire someone. I will remind once again that the problem appeared after update, everything worked fine before the update.

Problem with spacer.gif has been resolved but unfortunately the outline overlaps all the time. I also restored the original Dolphin .htaccess file, but this unfortunately didn't help either.

I also wrote to Boonex Support but unfortunately no one has answered for many days.

Quote · 18 Aug 2018

I really cannot afford to give free help outside of the forum here.  I did take a look at your page and the problem cleared up when navigating away and back.  I would have to do a detail analysis; checking CSS, scripts added to the page etc. and that means hiring me.  If you don't have the money I understand; I have to go without at times because I don't have the money.  Hopefully someone that can afford to give free help will come along.

Quote · 20 Aug 2018

Below is the legacy version of the Boonex site, maintained for Dolphin.Pro 7.x support.
The new Dolphin solution is powered by UNA Community Management System.