Profile Photo

I created a site, where I'm the admin (obvs).  Because I don't want spammers registering, I turned off "auto-activate".  From what I've read on the forums, that means people can't upload photos?

The issue I'm also facing is that I have made myself as a user, and when I'm logged in as myself, I can't even add a photo of me!

It seems like a very basic bit of functionality for a site that has user profiles.

Is there any way to add a photo of me, to my own profile on my own site?

Thought I'd ask all the experts on here for advice.  (hopefully not "use an addon" since it should be a basic feature anyway)

Thanks

David

Quote · 13 Dec 2017

First, the photo module has to be installed.  Second, you have to allow photo upload in the memberships.  You might want to create an admin membership that is not purchasable and manually assign that membership to you.

Geeks, making the world a better place
Quote · 13 Dec 2017

Hi,

Thanks for the advice!

I guess I was confuse as the "builder" for the profile page had something called "ProfilePhoto" already.

I added the "photos" module by Boonex and was able to upload a photo.  Thanks for that!

Interesting that when I uploaded one photo, it became the circular photo (which is what I expected for a "profile photo", as well as showing on the left sidebar on my profile, and becoming the big wide cover image for my profile.

Guess I'll have to figure that one out as well! (learning a new package is always fun).

Thank you once again.

David

Quote · 13 Dec 2017

You can change circular photos to square ones, but I guess we have to live with the Facebook mentality. It requires a bit of coding to do so however.

The cover is very basic so learn to live with it. If you don't upload a cover photo to the "Cover Album", Dolphin grabs the middle of your profile photo and uses that. If you have women on your site it could be very embarrassing. Thus cover photos should be thought out. The attached document should help you understand.

Also look here: https://www.boonex.com/forums/topic/Profile-Cover-Image.htm

Searching is good for the brain.

Profile cover.jpg · 18K · 192 views
Quote · 14 Dec 2017

I am not so sure about the cover block.  You can remove it by dragging it down to inactive. Boonex doesn't always do things in the smartest way.  Let's assume that a profile photo is most likely going to be a portrait photo of the user.  Therefore, one should grab from the top down.  They use to chop the heads off of people LOL.  I rewrote the code so that both portrait and landscape photos of people came out normal.  I told Boonex about the problem of chopping people's head off and how I fixed it and of course I was ignored.  That is my biggest gripe with Andrew and Boonex in general, they don't listen to us.  You have to continuously yell and shout before they may, may, listen to what you are saying.

Geeks, making the world a better place
Quote · 14 Dec 2017

If you're going to upload a cover photo the best size to upload is 900w x 300H

It ain't easy being this stupid all of the time
Quote · 14 Dec 2017

The width depends on your page width unless you want Dolphin to adjust the size, which may affect quality. As stated in the file  https://www.boonex.com/forums/topic/Profile-Cover-Image.htm the ratio is 3:1 as you suggest.

Quote · 15 Dec 2017

Below is the legacy version of the Boonex site, maintained for Dolphin.Pro 7.x support.
The new Dolphin solution is powered by UNA Community Management System.