Profile types (business and private)

I check loads of topics and I'm still not sure how to do it? Is there any way to add business profile type without spending extra 50 - 200 $? Its so simple and basic function, I just wane have private and business profile or make business listing with seperated membership (but business profile can't be shown in profile search results). Please could somebody give me some advise for dolphin 7.1, I think additional mods are simply to expensive, 150$ for profile splitter is just too much.

Quote · 23 Nov 2012

Hello

You may simply add Profile Type field (Business, Private) via admin panel -> builders -> profile fields. But you won't have separate search, different profile fields for different types, sparate access to page blocks and so on. It's up to you.

P.S. We have "Black Friday Sale" today. So, you may get Profile Types Splitter Premium with 50% discount.

Best Regards AntonLV - http://www.boonex.com/market/posts/AntonLV
Quote · 23 Nov 2012

thanks for quick answer but without "separate search, different profile fields for different types, separate access to page blocks and so on" this have no sense.

I just wane make option for little company portfolio, If i could separate ads this would do 2. I mean I would leave normal ads ,and have extra page in navigation menu called services but both of them can't be mixed

Quote · 23 Nov 2012

Hello

thanks for quick answer but without "separate search, different profile fields for different types, separate access to page blocks and so on" this have no sense.

Profile Type Splitter module is too complex and I cannot describe how it works and even how you may recreate a part of them here. 

I just wane make option for little company portfolio, If i could separate ads this would do 2. I mean I would leave normal ads ,and have extra page in navigation menu called services but both of them can't be mixed

You may copy the default Ads module and rename it to Ads2. A number of module's files (config.php, SQL scripts, PHP classes) should be updated. I this case you'll be able to use both Ads modules in the same time.

Quote · 23 Nov 2012

You can create seperate profile types as said, you can also make so certain blocks only show to certain member levels, as well as menu items etc... using the page access control mod which is standard mod already included in Dolphin.

As Anton said though, you wont be able to search different profile types separately in members search but you can pretty much make 2 sites for 2 profile types this way...

Quote · 23 Nov 2012

Hello

Profile Type Splitter module is too complex and I cannot describe how it works and even how you may recreate a part of them here. 

You may copy the default Ads module and rename it to Ads2. A number of module's files (config.php, SQL scripts, PHP classes) should be updated. I this case you'll be able to use both Ads modules in the same time.

This would be great I would called services but what do you mean "A number of module's files (config.php, SQL scripts, PHP classes) should be updated." ? do i need t modyfie them as well?

Quote · 23 Nov 2012

You can create seperate profile types as said, you can also make so certain blocks only show to certain member levels, as well as menu items etc... using the page access control mod which is standard mod already included in Dolphin.

As Anton said though, you wont be able to search different profile types separately in members search but you can pretty much make 2 sites for 2 profile types this way...

OK if I would make payed mambership with permitions to post ads only can I make a default privacy for them as "only me" and hide ability to change it? this would make everything as I wanted. I would have normal users abel to do anything and business profiles which gone be visable only for their owners. 

Quote · 23 Nov 2012

Hello

OK if I would make payed mambership with permitions to post ads only can I make a default privacy for them as "only me" and hide ability to change it? this would make everything as I wanted. I would have normal users abel to do anything and business profiles which gone be visable only for their owners. 

You need to change module's main params like module URI, module path, Class/Db prefixes and some other in config.php and then make correspondent replacements in SQL and PHP files. If you have programming skill then it should be easy for you.

Quote · 23 Nov 2012

Below is the legacy version of the Boonex site, maintained for Dolphin.Pro 7.x support.
The new Dolphin solution is powered by UNA Community Management System.