Questions about expanding Ray Chat

Ok guys first off you have done a wonderfull job on all of this stuff... What would have taken me years to code and not even half as good as what you got here.... Thank you so much!

However there are some simple questions I have regaurding on how and if I am allowed to expand the public chat system...

Question 1:

Am I even allowed to expand the system? I mean I haven't really looked at the code for it.. I don't know if its open source or if I am allowed to.

Question 2:

I want my paid users to be able to create their own rooms even if the room count has been met.

Question 3:

I would like the creator of a room to have some kind of moderator access to that room only.. IE be able to kick and ban members out of just that room. Is this possible?

Question 4:

What benifits do I get out of hosting my own RAY server?

Really thats all the questions I have for a moment about the rooms, any help would be nice..

Thanks in advance

Question 5:

Do the created rooms for the chat disapear after a while or no?

Isaac Dutton

Quote · 28 Jun 2008

Ok guys first off you have done a wonderfull job on all of this stuff... What would have taken me years to code and not even half as good as what you got here.... Thank you so much!

However there are some simple questions I have regaurding on how and if I am allowed to expand the public chat system...

Question 1:

Am I even allowed to expand the system? I mean I haven't really looked at the code for it.. I don't know if its open source or if I am allowed to. [DosDawg] i dont think you can do much with the av chat, its coded in flash and we dont have the source files, well flash and ajax.

Question 2:

I want my paid users to be able to create their own rooms even if the room count has been met.[DosDawg] your users will not be able to create rooms after your room count is met.

Question 3:

I would like the creator of a room to have some kind of moderator access to that room only.. IE be able to kick and ban members out of just that room. Is this possible? [DosDawg] as best i know, there is no moderation for room creators, the last release 6.1.1 didnt even allow admin to moderate the rooms created, this was supposed to be changed on this last release 6.1.2, havent checked to see if they got that fixed or not.

Question 4:

What benifits do I get out of hosting my own RAY server?[DosDawg] the benefits of running your own RMS allows you to add domains as you please, and you are not competing for resources as if you would be if you were using the free rms. also, if you have an ad free version, you are not allowed to use the free rms connection from boonex. plus the rms.boonex.com is always going down for one reason or another.

Really thats all the questions I have for a moment about the rooms, any help would be nice..

Thanks in advance

Question 5:

Do the created rooms for the chat disapear after a while or no?[i believe the rooms created are written to the database, so unless you purge them from the database, i think they remain, could be wrong, havent tested this aspect specifically.

Isaac Dutton

Later,
DosDawg

When a GIG is not enough --> Terabyte Dolphin Technical Support - Server Management and Support
Quote · 5 Jul 2008

yeah, that was a bit old. I figured most of that out on own!

Thank you very much those Dos its good to know someone else came to the same conclusions as me!

Quote · 5 Jul 2008

I don't see why you can't tweak or modfiy at will as long as licensing is in tact. Tough to manually do much with ray on the flash side without the .fla's.

But any code, you would have to verify with them, but who the heck hasn't altered it.

on a side note why don't you post your mods to expertzzz.com which is where all the downloads for dolphin related took place prior to this site and recent activity?

gameutopia

DialMe.com - Your One and Only Source For Boonex Dolphin Tutorials and Resources
Quote · 5 Jul 2008

Yeah I did you can find it here

http://www.expertzzz.com/forumz/?action=goto&cat_id=1#action=goto&topic_id=16073

Quote · 7 Jul 2008

Below is the legacy version of the Boonex site, maintained for Dolphin.Pro 7.x support.
The new Dolphin solution is powered by UNA Community Management System.