Ray Media Server

I hope someone can help me.

I have Dolphin installed no problem (Paid version) I have also ordered the payed version of 3 of the ray widgets (Video, Messenger, and instant AV chat) I have a SHARED hosting plan and understand ray media server needs a dedicated server.

Can I use an external server i.e. rms.boonex.com with this installation or is this just for the free version ? I really need ray on my site. It wont connect to the rms.boonex.com server at the moment. It just says connecting and sits there ?

Can someone please help

Quote · 20 Feb 2009

i have seen somewhere its not working  saw it in one of the forums

Quote · 20 Feb 2009

What ports are you setting for rms.boonex.com? They should be st to 10000 and 10080 for use with rms.boonex.

This is assuming you are using 6.1.4 (Ray 3.5) widgets.  Also, check with your host provider to make sure that none of the rms ports are blocked by a firewall or other such method.

Shared Dolphin Hosting w/RMS
Quote · 26 Feb 2009

The paid version cannot use the free rms server, you need or your own server or find a rms service for a account.. 
And yes, on an shared hosting you will not have serverroot access, so you can't install this rms server.

Kids first
Quote · 26 Feb 2009

Gents,

Different way around...

I have got free version of Dolphin with Ray (generated free licences for all the widgets) can I use different than rms.boonex.com RMS server having free version of Dolphin? Would the video chat work? Or I need to have add free version of Ray?

I don't want to purchase RMS service if it will not work with free version?

Many thanks.

Quote · 27 Feb 2009

I am also having this problem with a new free instalation how come i can't access the free RMS.

Quote · 28 Feb 2009

Boonex free RMS server has never worked for us. Initially it was working but i think due too so many connections, they have stopped accepting anymore. We use joombyte.com RMS connections. It's working great for us. You might want to check it out.

Quote · 28 Feb 2009

From what Ive seen in the posts regarding the free ray, you can not use it with a differnt rms because the of the advertising that is displayed comes from the free rms. Its the advertsing that makes it free.

As for why it doesnt work also posted in the threads is the free rms is just too over loaded. You can use the chat and pressence IM feature, for me I had deselect the use boonex rms and my chat and IM wokrs great and for free.

Video chat takes huge band width I can see why its not going to work well free just imagine what would take to have thousands of people running video chat, free doesnt seem like a good option for video. (Just my opinion)

For me while my site is still new and running in free mode I will not offer the video feature. Once I have the members to support it I will then see evualate the revenues and see if I should switch to paid and the video feature only availble to those who pay.

Quote · 28 Feb 2009

I am using the free versions of Dolphin and Ray and I am running it off of my own Ray Media Server. It works fine. Just spend the money and get a virtual dedicated server. If you need help setting it up, let me know.

Happiness is a warm gun.
Quote · 3 Mar 2009

I am using the free versions of Dolphin and Ray and I am running it off of my own Ray Media Server. It works fine. Just spend the money and get a virtual dedicated server. If you need help setting it up, let me know.

It's not possible to install Dolphin and Ray suite on  shared hosting and make connexion with another server like yours?

Quote · 17 Mar 2009

It's not possible to install Dolphin and Ray suite on  shared hosting and make connexion with another server like yours?

Hey guys,

seems there are some very big misunderstandings going on here. You can use 3rd party RMS regardless of the version or Ray that you are using. The one thing i see many get into is that you cannot use the free rms if you have the ad-free ray.

Again, 3rd party RMS will work with any version of Ray

Ad-free Ray will not work with free RMS

I read where somebody was referencing the ads that are displayed, that has nothing to do with the RMS that you use, the ads will run regardless of its running on rms.boonex.com or if its running on a 3rd party RMS service.

Hope this clears up some of the misunderstandings.

Regards,

DosDawg

When a GIG is not enough --> Terabyte Dolphin Technical Support - Server Management and Support
Quote · 18 Mar 2009

Dear sirs,

i just ran into a problem while setting up free dolphin 6.1.4 download package orca and ray included.

free licences generated and entered.

I am not even near of dealing with RMS...

I can not even display my own profile, not talking about articles or blogs... .

can anybody help me?

I have created my profile, can see my picture, created a user event, even forum entries... BUT

if I want to view my own profile it gives me an error message telling me e.g. /iqmunity/martin does not exist on the server.

Did I make a mistake during setup???

Quote · 19 Mar 2009

@ iqmunity

Did you try to disable (untick) friendly permalinks within your Admin Panel - Settings - Permalinks ???

Life is a fatal disease, sexually transmissible - Virginity is carcinogenic! Ask here for vaccine.
Quote · 19 Mar 2009

yeah....uhuhuhuhuhu.... that worked...

ok, now next step...

My profile, writing articles, blogs and all that works now...

BUT... now the buttons in SITE STATS dont work....

I am sure I someone can help me on that too.....

I thank you soooooooooooo much!

Quote · 19 Mar 2009

Hey guys,

seems there are some very big misunderstandings going on here. You can use 3rd party RMS regardless of the version or Ray that you are using. The one thing i see many get into is that you cannot use the free rms if you have the ad-free ray.

I read where somebody was referencing the ads that are displayed, that has nothing to do with the RMS that you use, the ads will run regardless of its running on rms.boonex.com or if its running on a 3rd party RMS service.

Regards,

DosDawg

Hello Thank you for this answer.

It's possible to install RMS server on a shared hosting??

Best regards.

Quote · 20 Mar 2009

Hey guys,

Regards,

DosDawg

Hello Thank you for this answer.

It's possible to install RMS server on a shared hosting??

Best regards.

The only types of servers your can install your own RMS on is VPS and Dedicated.  All shared environments must use a leased RMS. 

Quote · 20 Mar 2009

Below is the legacy version of the Boonex site, maintained for Dolphin.Pro 7.x support.
The new Dolphin solution is powered by UNA Community Management System.