Ray Music, MP3, Video Widgets

I was wondering why Boonex has made the widgets without the ability to allow unlimited uploads. My site will have that but as I see it now, the widgets do not support it yet. To test I tried 999 files and that was to high. With the next update I would suggest to have the option unlimited files avalable. Also I would like to see an option for users to choose if they allow the download of their music on their profile.

DOES ANYONE KNOW A WAY TO ACHIEVE UNLIMITED UPLOADS?

Quote · 27 Jun 2008

personally i think you are asking for trouble if you set the max number of files to upload to be unlimited. you will have some fool who wants to see if they can hit that limit, and trust me they will. how big is your hard drive, and please dont tell me its unlimited, as that doesnt exist.

now as for allowing the download of files uploaded, that is a setting for the admin at this time, or it may have been a setting when uploading the file dont recall. let me just say that this could find you in a jamb over copyright infringement. the fact that you would have to verify that all files were authenticated and property of the person uploading them would take you some serious time. the files once they are uploaded are then converted, so i dont think there is any player that is going to play the converted file. i could be wrong on this, but i just wanted to mention these things to you.

later,
DosDawg

When a GIG is not enough --> Terabyte Dolphin Technical Support - Server Management and Support
Quote · 5 Jul 2008

In Plugins> Ray > Base > Music Player > Settings - you can uncheck "enable files saving"

That will remove the ability to download - uploaded files. I have the latest release though. I don't know about previous versions.

PC

Quote · 5 Jul 2008

Just out of curiousity hd4real you mention you tested 999 files. Are you saying you uploaded 999 files of some sort as a logged member? If so this alone must of been one heck of a process to complete. Guess I am not pushing 999 files per user yet, and don't really have the time to try. But if you did 999 files to which type of location and such? Ray movie, ray profile audio, ray gallery audio, or are you talking pictures as in profile pictures or gallery pictures?

DialMe.com - Your One and Only Source For Boonex Dolphin Tutorials and Resources
Quote · 5 Jul 2008

Just out of curiousity hd4real you mention you tested 999 files. Are you saying you uploaded 999 files of some sort as a logged member? If so this alone must of been one heck of a process to complete. Guess I am not pushing 999 files per user yet, and don't really have the time to try. But if you did 999 files to which type of location and such? Ray movie, ray profile audio, ray gallery audio, or are you talking pictures as in profile pictures or gallery pictures?

game,

i think he only set the 999 as a setting of max files to allow the users to upload. dont think he actually uploaded 999 files of any sort. i just think its absurd that it would even be a consideration. first of all what person is going to sit in front of their computer long enough to upload 999 anything, especially when its one file at a time. talk about a bummer deal.

later,

DosDawg

When a GIG is not enough --> Terabyte Dolphin Technical Support - Server Management and Support
Quote · 5 Jul 2008

Below is the legacy version of the Boonex site, maintained for Dolphin.Pro 7.x support.
The new Dolphin solution is powered by UNA Community Management System.