Ray Server

Hi,

I asked tech support about installing "Ray Server" and this is their response:

Unfortunately, we do not support RMS on our servers as you need root access to the servers which we do not allow for security purposes. This would give you access to every domain on the server.

Any ideas on how I can get "Ray Server" up and running? Another server maybe?

Thanks,

Blaine.

Thanks in Advance, Blaine
Quote · 26 Oct 2009

a other option is to lease a rms account by a RMS hoster.  Else you need you own VPS or dedicated server.

Kids first
Quote · 26 Oct 2009

a other option is to lease a rms account by a RMS hoster.  Else you need you own VPS or dedicated server.

Do you have a good suggestion of an RMS host?

Tonight, I have been able to upload photos and music without an RMS host.... (I turned off permalinks) so why would I need an RMS host?

Thanks,

Blaine.

Thanks in Advance, Blaine
Quote · 29 Oct 2009

Blaine, check the Hosting page (boonex.com/hosting), most of the listed hosting providers offer to host RMS for free if you subscribe with them.

Quote · 29 Oct 2009

Do you have a good suggestion of an RMS host?

Tonight, I have been able to upload photos and music without an RMS host.... (I turned off permalinks) so why would I need an RMS host?

Thanks,

Blaine.

blaine,

yes music, videos and photos have no bearing on RMS. the reason you need RMS is for streaming media, such as the AV Chat and the Profile Video feature.

Regards,
DosDawg

When a GIG is not enough --> Terabyte Dolphin Technical Support - Server Management and Support
Quote · 16 Dec 2009

Below is the legacy version of the Boonex site, maintained for Dolphin.Pro 7.x support.
The new Dolphin solution is powered by UNA Community Management System.