Redirect to any page you want after logon

This mod is a source mod for any dolphin version

This mod allows you to set a page that the member will be redirected to after the member logs in.

------------mod----------

make the follow change to member.php in the root of your dolphin site.

At about line 686 Look for the following.

if (!$sUrlRelocate = $sRelocate or $sRelocate == $site['url'] or basename($sRelocate) == 'join.php')
    $sUrlRelocate = BX_DOL_URL_ROOT . 'member.php';

Replace ' member.php' with any other page you want

for example change it to 'profile.php'

-----

if (!$sUrlRelocate = $sRelocate or $sRelocate == $site['url'] or basename($sRelocate) == 'join.php')
    $sUrlRelocate = BX_DOL_URL_ROOT . 'profile.php';

----

and you are done

hope it was usefull to you guys.

Quote · 1 Mar 2012

This is great. Tell me though what happens when they first register. Will it work for that too? Or is the modification different for the Join portion?

Thanks though.

Quote · 2 Mar 2012

It's different for the join. Works pretty much the same as the mod i have in the market to do this.

It does not work on join.

https://www.deanbassett.com
Quote · 2 Mar 2012

What does not work with Join? This Mod or Yours?

Is there a way to redirect to any page after a join?

It does not work on join.

Quote · 2 Mar 2012

What does not work with Join? This Mod or Yours?

Is there a way to redirect to any page after a join?

1) Both

2) I believe there is a mod for redirect on join, but i can't seem to find it. It's done in a different location, and if done, a avatar cannot be set during join.

Quote · 2 Mar 2012

I am not so sure that this can work or not.  Anyway, this is for experts here.  Hope some one comment this.

Maybe if you make mandatory the account activation from e-mail, then  you can send your new member to a specific page.  The link to activate the account can point to the page you want right after activation script run.
  Well, it is not exactly what you asked, just a bridge, but maybe can work well (?)

Quote · 2 Mar 2012

Seems how the topic has been brought up i guess i will mention it.

I have been working on a new redirector module for a couple of weeks now. Still a lot more work to do. It's the ultimate of redirectors.

Able to redirect in logon, logout, join and unregister. Will redirect based on rules that can be setup based on age, gender and membership levels. Exceptions can be setup to prevent redirection if logon occurs from a specific page such as sign ups through facebook connect so it does not interfere with the redirect that is built into some of those.

This redirector is being designed to try to cover almost all common redirection requests.

Quote · 2 Mar 2012

Hey, why am I killing myself then, I will just wait from this mod. Great Deano.

I have been working on a new redirector module for a couple of weeks now. Still a lot more work to do. It's the ultimate of redirectors.

Able to redirect in logon, logout, join and unregister. Will redirect based on rules that can be setup based on age, gender and membership levels. Exceptions can be setup to prevent redirection if logon occurs from a specific page such as sign ups through facebook connect so it does not interfere with the redirect that is built into some of those.

This redirector is being designed to try to cover almost all common redirection requests.

Quote · 2 Mar 2012

Your site does not happen to have a splash page does it?

I have to put a big disclamer on my module. Spash pages will render the redirection for logout and unregister completely useless.

Quote · 2 Mar 2012

always awesome, Deano.

Quote · 2 Mar 2012

I should also mention that my module will be completely self contained. No dolphin source code changes needed.

Quote · 2 Mar 2012

I should also mention that my module will be completely self contained. No dolphin source code changes needed.

And this is the most important thing!!! I don't think people realize when they find threads like this one is that if they do the code changes suggested it is probably going to be overwritten with the next upgrade! Then if the code changes include two different files and only one is overwritten in the upgrade you get some crazy error message that no one can help you with because you have changed 15 different files!

I'm sure "TiC TiC" had good intentions but changing source code isn't the way to go. Stick with "Modules".. especially Deanos!

BoonEx Certified Host: Zarconia.net - Fully Supported Shared and Dedicated for Dolphin
Quote · 2 Mar 2012

This is great. Tell me though what happens when they first register. Will it work for that too? Or is the modification different for the Join portion?

Thanks though.

its works regularly

i tested it

sorry for reply delay

Quote · 2 Mar 2012

And this is the most important thing!!! I don't think people realize when they find threads like this one is that if they do the code changes suggested it is probably going to be overwritten with the next upgrade! Then if the code changes include two different files and only one is overwritten in the upgrade you get some crazy error message that no one can help you with because you have changed 15 different files!

I'm sure "TiC TiC" had good intentions but changing source code isn't the way to go. Stick with "Modules".. especially Deanos!

webmaster knows what codes did he change very well ! so he can get it back to default before upgrad if that is abig problem :)

Quote · 2 Mar 2012

webmaster knows what codes did he change very well ! so he can get it back to default before upgrad if that is abig problem :)

The vast majority of the people who come to this forum are new to Dolphin and webmastering in general. They don't know how Dolphin upgrades work nor do they understand that doing code modifications they find in the forum can seriously mess up their site. 

BoonEx Certified Host: Zarconia.net - Fully Supported Shared and Dedicated for Dolphin
Quote · 3 Mar 2012

One of my site does have a splash page, the new one will not. But the new one does not need redirecting....ummmm or does it?

Your site does not happen to have a splash page does it?

I have to put a big disclamer on my module. Spash pages will render the redirection for logout and unregister completely useless.

Quote · 3 Mar 2012

How is the progress on this Mod deano? I am not sure about using the Redirect to any page mod on 7.0.9, will it work?

Quote · 27 Apr 2012

Still being developed, but yes, the current one does work for 7.0.9.

Quote · 27 Apr 2012

I modified this from 'member.php' to 'index.php' to redirect it to my home page, without luck.

I do have a splash page. Should I place the complete URL 'www.mysite.com/index.php' for this to work.

I also know that this will only work for returning member (which is fine by me), which is what I want. But will not work for a new join.

Kindly help.

This mod is a source mod for any dolphin version

This mod allows you to set a page that the member will be redirected to after the member logs in.

------------mod----------

make the follow change to member.php in the root of your dolphin site.

At about line 686 Look for the following.

$sUrlRelocate = BX_DOL_URL_ROOT . 'member.php';

Replace ' member.php' with any other page you want

for example change it to 'profile.php'

-----

$sUrlRelocate = BX_DOL_URL_ROOT . 'profile.php';

----

and you are done

hope it was usefull to you guys.

Quote · 21 Oct 2012

It would be nice if the user could set a redirect page of their choosing.  For example, some members want to go to their profile page when they log on and some users want to go to heir dashboard and some users wants to go to other pages.

A mod that would add a form to the info form that would let the user set a page to go to after logging on from a dropdown list of values that would be stored in their settings.  Then when they log on, the scripts pulls the page from the database and takes the user to that page.

A setting in the admin could show or hide this redirect choice and set a standard redirect for all members.

Geeks, making the world a better place
Quote · 22 Oct 2012

Redirect After Logon mod doesn't work on  Dolphin 7.1

I followed step by step the instructions but when you log as a member yo go straight ahead to index.php. I tried typing the URL as: member.php; domain.com/member.php; www.domain.com/member.php but nothing's changed.

Quote · 13 Dec 2012

Try reading some of these post and see if they will help.

http://www.boonex.com/googlesearch/search?q=redirect+after+login&gse_filter=googlesearch

ManOfTeal.COM a Proud UNA site, six years running strong!
Quote · 13 Dec 2012

I followed step by step the instructions but when you log as a member yo go straight ahead to index.php. I tried typing the URL as: member.php; domain.com/member.php; www.domain.com/member.php but nothing's changed.

If you are referring to this mod. http://www.boonex.com/m/Redirect_to_any_page_after_logon_

Then it does work on 7.1 I have tested it twice on two different 7.1 sites to make sure.

You have another problem. You are claiming you keep getting redirected to the index page after login. But dolphin 7.1 default page after login is member.php I checked that as well on mine and the boonex demo site. So you have something else wrong on your site if you keep getting the index page.

Quote · 13 Dec 2012

Thank you all guys!

The problem is solved. Actually I don't really think there was an issue in here. The point is it seems to be some kind of incompatibility with this mod and if the domain has been redirected. When the domain is redirected you can access to the web but maybe becasue of that the mod is unable to redirect after log on.

If you are referring to this mod. http://www.boonex.com/m/Redirect_to_any_page_after_logon_

Then it does work on 7.1 I have tested it twice on two different 7.1 sites to make sure.

You have another problem. You are claiming you keep getting redirected to the index page after login. But dolphin 7.1 default page after login is member.php I checked that as well on mine and the boonex demo site. So you have something else wrong on your site if you keep getting the index page.

Quote · 30 Jan 2013

Ok I tried using redirect to pedit.php but displays Access Denied when log in with regular user  I tried using pedit.php?={memberid} both return same message.Receive Profile not specified when login with "Admin"

Any idea how to fix this?

Currently works redirect to -   /m/membership  

but still not to pedit.php???

Thanks

Quote · 18 Feb 2013

I tried using pedit.php?={memberid} both

If thats what your using then it's wrong.

Just put in pedit.php or if your using my mod then you can use pedit.php?ID={memberid}

The format you specified above is incorrect.

Quote · 18 Feb 2013

Thank You -  working fine now

Quote · 19 Feb 2013

Deano,

Did you ever finish this mod? I am looking for something to log people out after they make their avatar, and prevent them from logging in until their profile is approved... I was thinking about a redirect after the join page, but I like having people make an avatar.

Quote · 28 Jun 2013

No i never did finish my advanced version, however forcing people to logout and prevent logging back in was not any part of the intended design.

Quote · 28 Jun 2013

Forcing logout would be easy with redirect to logout.php. Preventing them from logging back in was an extra thought.

Quote · 28 Jun 2013

This mod is AWESOME & works with 7.2.1

recommend Deanos products for all.

https://www.boonex.com/m/redirect_to_any_page_after_logon_

Quote · 13 Jan 2016

Great important module. Thank you, 

Quote · 23 Jan 2016

Below is the legacy version of the Boonex site, maintained for Dolphin.Pro 7.x support.
The new Dolphin solution is powered by UNA Community Management System.