Replica of Ads module

Hello

I am trying to replicate Ads module by replacing just Ads with Mart 

1.i just did search and replace of all Ads and ads..In the files..With Mart and mart respect.

2. Even did the same on file names. Copied the folder mart in ....modules/boonex..

3. Installed successfully..Menu appears..As MART 

But

It is unable to open the page.when I click it . 

What step am I missing..?

Quote · 17 Apr 2018

Any error messages?

Geeks, making the world a better place
Quote · 17 Apr 2018

It  is like this...

404 - File  Not Found

The Page/Resource you are looking for could not be found or is unavailable. Ensure you are using the correct URL/Domain name

Quote · 17 Apr 2018

URL seems to be not getting proper..But I checked in install.sql...

It is same URL..Which get a copied to link field...I also increased the link size to 300..Instead of 250..As the total URL size seemed to be 306..

Problem. Persists.

Quote · 17 Apr 2018

If you're trying to change the word "Ads" with "Mart" to achieve a better "look and Feel", sadly you've gone about it in the wrong way. In doing so, you've more than likely broken something somewhere. Replacing test in files is NOT the safest, or recommended way to change things.

Provided I'm right, you will need to replace all the affected files and get the Ads module working again. That's essential. That may be hit and miss unless you can remember which files you changed.

When the module is finally working properly, go to admin/settings/language settings and enter Ads in the filter. Go through each listed item one by one, and decide which ones you want to change. That could be all of them.

Don't change the Key Name under any circumstances, but replace the word Ads in any String Text with the word Mart.

Quote · 18 Apr 2018

my guess you forgot to add all the links to the main .htaccess file in the root folder for mod_rewrite.  

i think there is about 23 of them you need to copy and rename...  

second option to test go in admin and turn off permalinks for your module.  

https://dolphin-techs.com - Skype: Dolphin Techs
Quote · 18 Apr 2018

@doliphin_Jay,

first one worked...!!!

I am wondering on what criteria , this RewriteRules are  being built. I see for blog / ads /forum module names in this and rest missing.

pardon me for the lack of knowledge in this area but I appreciate if there is any specific documentation that I can go through the learn some basics about these constructs 

thanks for the help. 

Quote · 18 Apr 2018

the rest are in the database  sys_permalinks i think it is.   no docs on rewrites that i know of. 

https://dolphin-techs.com - Skype: Dolphin Techs
Quote · 18 Apr 2018

Below is the legacy version of the Boonex site, maintained for Dolphin.Pro 7.x support.
The new Dolphin solution is powered by UNA Community Management System.