Retweet?

What the hell is a retweet? I saw someone posting on retweeting in D7. Who in the hell tweets in the first place and why would they retweet an original tweet? I think if you tweet, it's just a tweet you twit! Are you afraid they didn't hear your original tweet?

I don't get it. I tweeted once. I tweeted something totally moronic like 'This is a tweet test, a test of the emergency tweet network' Now I get  about 1 message a week from some nincompoop who has decided to follow my tweets?

I can only imagine what's going to happen if I actually do a retweet. Probably need to buy more bandwidth. Yell

http://towtalk.net ... Hosted by Zarconia.net!
Quote · 17 May 2010

Retweeting is used by some to get a message from one Twitter account across the entire Twitter service. For example, if someone tweets that an airplane crashed and killed all but one passenger, who happened to be a nine year-old boy, others may retweet it into their own streams. Or, if someone notices a nice comment about themselves from another Twitter account, they may retweet it from their own account so those following them will know.

Yes, it's mostly moronic, and one of the reasons why I am not on Twitter.

BoonEx Certified Host: Zarconia.net - Fully Supported Shared and Dedicated for Dolphin
Quote · 17 May 2010

So is there a reretweet?

My opinions expressed on this site, in no way represent those of Boonex or Boonex employees.
Quote · 17 May 2010

Ok guys thank you for that but my purpose and thoughts are that if a person can do it on one site and can't do it on mine they will use the other service.  Having said that in order for people to make their blogs go viral or have the chance to go viral which will draw more traffic to the site if a person can retweet his/her blog on my site to more people and that then has more eyes back to my site then that indeed offers more traffic to my site and his blog which is a win win......  The more people that can see getglobalexposure in a tweet or facebook or MagicSite to come I could care less as long as people are tranfering my site to more people.  In the long run this type of technology is what made Twitter and Facebook who they are the ability for people to share information........via their site..........IMHO Surprised

Csampson
Quote · 17 May 2010

So is there a reretweet?

Soon to be I am sure right.........

Csampson
Quote · 17 May 2010

So is there a reretweet?

You can rewteet a retweet.

BoonEx Certified Host: Zarconia.net - Fully Supported Shared and Dedicated for Dolphin
Quote · 17 May 2010

BUT.... if someone retweets, then someone else retweets the retweet, and then the original tweet is deleted, does this create some strange paradox that destroys the universe?

My opinions expressed on this site, in no way represent those of Boonex or Boonex employees.
Quote · 17 May 2010

BUT.... if someone retweets, then someone else retweets the retweet, and then the original tweet is deleted, does this create some strange paradox that destroys the universe?

I am not aware of a retweet being affected by the deletion of their original tweet.

Quote · 17 May 2010

http://www.getglobalexposure.com/mycommunity/blogs/entry/For-Sale-by-Owners   this is the finished result......

Csampson
Quote · 17 May 2010

I still don't understand the point of involving a third party site... tweetmeme.com, that no one has heard of until just now.   Explain please.

Quote · 17 May 2010

The idea is for people to be able to retweet the blog post and keep track of the number of times it is done.  I didn't pick the site I only copied the code from a blog post talking about the button......other people retweeting their blog posts so it could be done.  I have seen this type of thing used on all the top 25 blogs in Real Estate whichs offers a person a quick chance to SHARE the blog.  Do you have a better way to do it?  If you do let me know and I will use that.........

http://www.dailyblogtips.com/tweetmeme-button-increased-my-retweests-by-100/

Why should I care about retweets?

Retweeting is the most powerful factor in something going viral on Twitter. It helps spread your message from one community to the next and has the ability to spread messages much faster than any other viral marketing tool. It is free advertising and you should do anything you can to encourage readers to retweet your content. Following are the steps I take to make my blog posts go viral.

Csampson
Quote · 18 May 2010

OK.  I believe you.  Those tweetmeme people don't let you customize their button.  It looks OK in FF, but looks like crap in IE on dark backgrounds.  It's placed on your site via iframe, so there's no way to override the css... at least not that I know of.

Quote · 18 May 2010

OK.  I believe you.  Those tweetmeme people don't let you customize their button.  It looks OK in FF, but looks like crap in IE on dark backgrounds.  It's placed on your site via iframe, so there's no way to override the css... at least not that I know of.

Access their servers via a futuristic three-dimensional grid-styled graphical user interface and override the default style values with that of your own, all while making passionate love to Angelina Jolie in a pool, all while the words "Crash And Burn" appear on several buildings in the background, due to an override of the lighting system via a remote-access hack into the mainframe of the power station?

Quote · 18 May 2010

RE:

Access their servers via a futuristic three-dimensional grid-styled graphical user interface and override the default style values with that of your own, all while making passionate love to Angelina Jolie in a pool, all while the words "Crash And Burn" appear on several buildings in the background, due to an override of the lighting system via a remote-access hack into the mainframe of the power station?

What are you smoking, and where can I get some?

Quote · 18 May 2010

After more checking, it's not the tweetmeme people that are giving the iframe a white background.  It's Internet Explorer... now there's a fckn surprise... what a P.O.S.

Anybody know how to make an iframe of external content behave like it's supposed to in IE?  I have no idea where that white background is coming from.

Quote · 18 May 2010

After more checking, it's not the tweetmeme people that are giving the iframe a white background.  It's Internet Explorer... now there's a fckn surprise... what a P.O.S.

Anybody know how to make an iframe of external content behave like it's supposed to in IE?  I have no idea where that white background is coming from.

You can set style attributes for the body of the document in the iframe.

Not sure if an iframe will accept a style attribute directly

/DM

Dolphin - Ajax Masturbation
Quote · 18 May 2010

RE:

/DM

No I can't.  The iframe and it's content, is placed on the site via  javascript that loads from tweetmeme.com  The document in the iframe has no background styling at all.  In FF and Chrome, it inherits the background color from my site, but in IE the background is white.

See for yourself: http://houstonlively.com/blogs/entry/Tweet-Tweet

Looks OK in FF and Chrome... ugly as hell in IE.  Things like this give me stress.  The only thing I can think of, is tweetmeme needs to add
allowtransparency="true" to their iframe code.

Quote · 18 May 2010

RE:

/DM

No I can't.  The iframe and it's content, is placed on the site via  javascript that loads from tweetmeme.com  The document in the iframe has no background styling at all.  In FF and Chrome, it inherits the background color from my site, but in IE the background is white.

See for yourself: http://houstonlively.com/blogs/entry/Tweet-Tweet

Looks OK in FF and Chrome... ugly as hell in IE.  Things like this give me stress.  The only thing I can think of, is tweetmeme needs to add
allowtransparency="true" to their iframe code.

HL you either need to hijack the code and alter it, or use j-avascript to change it directly

/DM

Dolphin - Ajax Masturbation
Quote · 18 May 2010

Fixed.  I added this after the call to tweetmeme's js

<script type="text/[0];
iframe.setAttribute("allowtransparency", "true");
</script>

Quote · 18 May 2010

The code I actually added, looks a little better than the orca-mutilated code above.

<script type="text/[0];
iframe.setAttribute("allowtransparency", "true");
</script>

Quote · 18 May 2010

AlexT.... Please fix this forum.  You cant post code without it getting AFU.

Quote · 18 May 2010

So is that all the code to put at the end and your retweet example gives errors on returnnnnn

Csampson
Quote · 19 May 2010

RE:

So is that all the code to put at the end and your retweet example gives errors on returnnnnn

What code?  There isn't anything left of it after this useless forum fcked it all up.

Quote · 19 May 2010

Anyway... after I got it all working, I didn't like it.  I decided to use sharethis.

Quote · 19 May 2010

Below is the legacy version of the Boonex site, maintained for Dolphin.Pro 7.x support.
The new Dolphin solution is powered by UNA Community Management System.