Split The Market Section

Is there any way for you to split the market section and make life easier? Like D6 Mods/Tempaltes/Etc...   Then D7  Mods/Templates/Etc...   would make it allot easier to determine what's new for D7, what's compatible with d6 and d7 and what's for d6.

Thanks

Quote · 20 Jan 2010

I'd like to see this to.

Quote · 20 Jan 2010

I would also like to vote for this.

I think there should be categories then tags...

Happiness is a warm gun.
Quote · 22 Jan 2010

There are a couple of blog posts where suggestions are being discussed on this area as well.

If they dump the tags and put in fixed catagories, there would be no need to split the market and all posts would need to be placed into proper main catagories like dolphin 6, dolphin 7 ect and then sub catagories.

The tags are just a big mess, way to many of them.

https://www.deanbassett.com
Quote · 22 Jan 2010

Is anyone besides me concerned that thing that should have been part of the product are now appearing as mods?  - especially ones developed by Boonex staff.   The membership level mod by Anton seems like an example - it provides functionality that I think should have been part of the product.  The money is not so much the issue as the configuration of our sites - the more mods you do the more difficult updates become - and with competing mods we will not always know which one is "standard" or which one is best.

Quote · 22 Jan 2010

Is anyone besides me concerned that thing that should have been part of the product are now appearing as mods?  - especially ones developed by Boonex staff.   The membership level mod by Anton seems like an example - it provides functionality that I think should have been part of the product.  The money is not so much the issue as the configuration of our sites - the more mods you do the more difficult updates become - and with competing mods we will not always know which one is "standard" or which one is best.

Yea. I always felt they deletbertly leave things out so they can make extra money.

Some of them were release mods back in the RC stages of this.

https://www.deanbassett.com
Quote · 22 Jan 2010

Are there even any moderators for Market? I mean, right now there are tags like "dolphin 7" and "dolphin7" and even domain names as tags. Please make categories for market then maybe have a set list of tags, not user generated but tags should just go away.

Try to think about a person who just installed dolphin 7 and is looking for a new theme. Should they click on the "template" tag or the "skin" tag or the "dolphin7 template" tag?

This is a big opportunity for both sides of "Market". People who want to sell or give help and people who want to buy some help. Its just so confusing and a confused mind does nothing.

Happiness is a warm gun.
Quote · 25 Jan 2010

Are there even any moderators for Market? I mean, right now there are tags like "dolphin 7" and "dolphin7" and even domain names as tags. Please make categories for market then maybe have a set list of tags, not user generated but tags should just go away.

Try to think about a person who just installed dolphin 7 and is looking for a new theme. Should they click on the "template" tag or the "skin" tag or the "dolphin7 template" tag?

This is a big opportunity for both sides of "Market". People who want to sell or give help and people who want to buy some help. Its just so confusing and a confused mind does nothing.

You have to guess which one. The mod creaters could at least include in there description which versions it's for... The market section is not setup correctly.

Quote · 25 Jan 2010

Exactly my point rhimpr, "You have to guess which one".

Happiness is a warm gun.
Quote · 26 Jan 2010

Kernelpaniker,  that is exactly the kind of thing I think a moderator should do - unfortunately the moderators they appoint here seen to see their role as deleting posts they don't like.

Quote · 26 Jan 2010

Yes I agree. The market is in an awful mess. It should be categorised at least. Boonex are shooting themselves in the foot if they do not do anything about it. In today's short attention span society, you are at risk of losing a customer (commission) it you do not make it as easy as possible to find a mod that is specific to the their requirements. They came up with a good idea but neglected to nurture it to their own advantage (not to mention the sellers who will lose out).

Quote · 26 Jan 2010

An example I can think of is as follows:

Jobs Sales

D6 D7 D6 D7

Modifications Modifications Modifications Modifcaitons
Templates Templates Templates Templates
Plug-Ins Plug-Ins Plug-Ins Plug-Ins
API's API's API's API's
Tools Tools Tools Tools

That could continue on down the list dependent on the number of fields that need to be applied.  Note how it seperates out the Jobs & Sales and then Dolphin Versions.  From there it's just a matter of having an idea of what you want.  By creating specific fields, we're able to control where items bet placed, which in turn speeds up the time it takes a buyer/coder to look for an item. 

Right now, the Market is even worse with the addition of Jobs to it than it was before, and I never imagined that would be a possibility.  How do you really expect anyone to post a job or find a job in that huge ball of bailing wire and duct tape?

Quote · 26 Jan 2010

The table from mydatery is pretty good. That is the type of structure I thought of. I would make it even simpler at the bottom level. Templates, Modules and Modifications.

Templates = design

Modifications = Modification of core code

Modules = Third party additions.

But There may be a need for the API section, not sure.

All I am trying to say is that there doesnt seem to be a structure at this point.

Happiness is a warm gun.
Quote · 28 Jan 2010

Below is the legacy version of the Boonex site, maintained for Dolphin.Pro 7.x support.
The new Dolphin solution is powered by UNA Community Management System.