Still the same poor ergonomics...

This damned "Actions Block" still here ??? Even (at least in the demo) jumping from left side to right side, from top of a column to somewhere in the middle...
IMHO it will be much more smart and convenient to display related actions just under the object (for example just below the photo)...

Did I said "Photo" ??? I can see a very impressive navigation menu in photo album (maybe same for other media, but I'm already too bored to have a look Frown left and right arrow... Wow !!!
And if you are curious enough to click on the photo you will see the picture lost in a nice black page with no way to go anywhere... Tongue Out

I have closed my Dolphin site (over 6'000 members - only about 20 really active members, others was lost or borred because of poor ergonomics even if the script/display was improved a lot and quickly gave up).

Osho as an improved look... but real problems are still there... Frown

Life is a fatal disease, sexually transmissible - Virginity is carcinogenic! Ask here for vaccine.
Quote · 5 Nov 2012

Hi Michel,

I am keeping my site on 7.09 ( I have far too much custom work to make an upgrade viable) but am doing away with as much of the action blocks as possible. IMHO they are one of the worst things about dolphin. I have had anton create php blocks for me that replicate some of the actions that I need. I have then been able to place the blocks on the page where they should be - next to the object that requires action. It makes such a difference and is much more obvious to my members.

I have also mentioned the possibillity of a module that can do all of this to anton, but I think he may need some more persuading : )

Quote · 5 Nov 2012

After reading this post of someone that has tried to improve Dolphin and had a 6000 member site and he is closing it due to errors.  That to me speaks volumes.

Thank you Michel for  your honesty.

BTW: I see we both joined Boonex the same week in 2007. 5 years and still hangin in there - you would think we would get a medal for bravery.

Quote · 5 Nov 2012

really down to poor ergonomics?

Dolphin allows you to pretty much change almost everything in layout... with 6000 members, if only 20 are active then its prob more to do with content or site structure than things like action box etc...

Ive had sites with less than 1000 members, with a much higher number than 20 being regularly active! 50+ in chat at any time, normally 10% will pay monthly subscription also on a number of sites Ive built using Dolphin. 

It's prob more to do with site build which is down to admin and not the script. Not saying its perfect... but it aint that bad!

Quote · 5 Nov 2012

After reading this post of someone that has tried to improve Dolphin and had a 6000 member site and he is closing it due to errors.  That to me speaks volumes.

Thank you Michel for  your honesty.

BTW: I see we both joined Boonex the same week in 2007. 5 years and still hangin in there - you would think we would get a medal for bravery.

Hello Thumper Smile

I was playing with Dolphin several years before - already here from version 5.6 Tongue Out when this script was allowing a maximum of 99 members due to an error in some database field setup Tongue Out

Life is a fatal disease, sexually transmissible - Virginity is carcinogenic! Ask here for vaccine.
Quote · 5 Nov 2012

really down to poor ergonomics?

Dolphin allows you to pretty much change almost everything in layout... with 6000 members, if only 20 are active then its prob more to do with content or site structure than things like action box etc...

Ive had sites with less than 1000 members, with a much higher number than 20 being regularly active! 50+ in chat at any time, normally 10% will pay monthly subscription also on a number of sites Ive built using Dolphin. 

It's prob more to do with site build which is down to admin and not the script. Not saying its perfect... but it aint that bad!

I closed my site at least because of poor admin side ergonomics... Borred, as Admin, to jump from Admin Panel to Front End or Database just to accomplish simple tasks...

The amount of ressources needed to produce such quite deceptive result was another reason...

If you think that Dolphin front end ergonomics is as perfect as it could be, I wish you good luck Laughing

Quote · 5 Nov 2012

I am finding the new Boonex site to be horribly ugly.   Is anyone else having to use the horizontal scroll bar?  Sorry Michael - bad idea to upgrade a 6,000 member site to a beta - you have been here long enough to know that.   I am also going to stick with 7.0.9 for a bit.   I appreciate the people who are testing but I spent about a year of my life doing that for 7.0 and just can't afford that now.   I do hope that this is a success, and especially think it is "engaging" as Boonex claims.  As I mentioned, the number of successful sites built with Dolphin are few and far between.   Let's hope we get some "success stories" with this one.

Quote · 5 Nov 2012

I am finding the new Boonex site to be horribly ugly.   Is anyone else having to use the horizontal scroll bar?  Sorry Michael - bad idea to upgrade a 6,000 member site to a beta - you have been here long enough to know that.   I am also going to stick with 7.0.9 for a bit.   I appreciate the people who are testing but I spent about a year of my life doing that for 7.0 and just can't afford that now.   I do hope that this is a success, and especially think it is "engaging" as Boonex claims.  As I mentioned, the number of successful sites built with Dolphin are few and far between.   Let's hope we get some "success stories" with this one.

Hi CALTRADE Smile

I closed my site about one year ago... So... never upgraded to 7.1 Tongue Out

IMHO, Dolphin is now some kind of big whale, hungry of server ressources, ready for quite everything, but practically good for quite nothing except to learn about web languages Tongue Out

BoonEx sentence should be: "Why to do easy when it is so easy to do complicate..."

That could explain why Dolphin ergonomics is much more "technical" than "intuitive"... a sufficient reason for Dolphin based site users to feel soon bored...

Quote · 6 Nov 2012

Below is the legacy version of the Boonex site, maintained for Dolphin.Pro 7.x support.
The new Dolphin solution is powered by UNA Community Management System.