Store Extensions Section.

I forgot to bring this up during the initial testing.

Why is the storefront in the extensions section listing modules available for purchase that clearly are not compatible with this version of dolphin?

Also. Do you plan on updating the market to be able to list products for both versions?

I have asked for the ability to have separate download packages for mutipal versions of dolphin 7 in the past, but we still can't do that yet either. Right now mutipal versions are packed on one zip file, but that is not how boonex recommends they be packaged. But we can't package them separately because the market does not support separate packages for different versions of dolphin. Some developers like myself do not want to abandon older versions.

Also i should note this as well while i am at it. The drop down selector listing versions the entry is compatible with is not clear enough. I have received more than one complaint that my product was not compatible with a specific version when it was listed in the dropdown selector. They did not realize they had to click on their version before it would show it was not compatible. I have resorted to not listing incompatible versions in there at all due to this confusion.

https://www.deanbassett.com
Quote · 24 Jul 2014

Why is the storefront in the extensions section listing modules available for purchase that clearly are not compatible with this version of dolphin?

- That's a temporary fluke. We haven't properly connected the store and Dolphin U yet.

Heart Head Hands
Quote · 24 Jul 2014

Also. Do you plan on updating the market to be able to list products for both versions?

Absolutely.

Heart Head Hands
Quote · 24 Jul 2014

I have asked for the ability to have separate download packages for mutipal versions of dolphin 7 in the past, but we still can't do that yet either. Right now mutipal versions are packed on one zip file, but that is not how boonex recommends they be packaged. But we can't package them separately because the market does not support separate packages for different versions of dolphin. Some developers like myself do not want to abandon older versions.

Also i should note this as well while i am at it. The drop down selector listing versions the entry is compatible with is not clear enough. I have received more than one complaint that my product was not compatible with a specific version when it was listed in the dropdown selector. They did not realize they had to click on their version before it would show it was not compatible. I have resorted to not listing incompatible versions in there at all due to this confusion.

Thanks! We will look into this more. We imagined that Providers would be listing new products for newer versions when they actually need to separate packages, but perhaps we need to rethink this along wight he compatibility selector. 

The whole issue is different with Dolphin U, since it will be displaying only compatible products in Studio > Extensions.

Heart Head Hands
Quote · 24 Jul 2014

Below is the legacy version of the Boonex site, maintained for Dolphin.Pro 7.x support.
The new Dolphin solution is powered by UNA Community Management System.