Store, Shopping Cart, Members Selling & Commission

Hi,

If a member uploads his own eBook and sells it, he needs to put his PayPal email and when someone buys the eBook he will get the money... is there a way to control this and make the website (us) collect the money and then pay the seller the money after deducting our commission? if this is not possible, is there a Module that would allow you to do that?

Thanks

Quote · 24 Aug 2014

I know of no such module and it cannot be done with dolphin as is. To do that requires that the payment processor being used support a feature called split payments. Paypal calls it adaptive payments. With paypal it requires a paypal business account.

Problem is not all payment providers support this feature, and support for it is not currently built into the current payment modules.

You may be better off doing what boonex does for the market. Require members to upgrade to a different paid membership level if they want to sell things in the store.

https://www.deanbassett.com
Quote · 24 Aug 2014

Sent you a PM

Hi,

If a member uploads his own eBook and sells it, he needs to put his PayPal email and when someone buys the eBook he will get the money... is there a way to control this and make the website (us) collect the money and then pay the seller the money after deducting our commission? if this is not possible, is there a Module that would allow you to do that?

Thanks

This is my signature, there are many like it but this one is mine...
Quote · 25 Aug 2014

Aloha 

I know exactly what you want... Your not alone.

We have developed a very advanced collection of tools which make up a network for a successful monthly event in Las Vegas. ie; First Friday Las Vegas. (see: FFLV.com) 

The combination of tools includes D7, Wordpress, a custom Help desk, and more. But the point is, we planned for a robust MARKETPLACE with features including and beyond what your looking for. In our model, the Marketplace must function like an Amazon Marketplace, where ALL PAYMENTS are collected to the Marketplace, then a 15%  fee is deducted, and the balance posted to the seller account. 

We will then reconcile weekly, and payout the sellers each Friday, for sales through the previous Friday. To accomplish this, our developers are creating the required changes for a new Dolphin MOD. But more than that, the plan would be pointless without an integrated accounting system to handle all in coming and outgoing payments. So we are also integrating Front Accounting as it is quite powerful and also open source.

Our focus is using AUTHORIZE.NET as we DO NOT trust PayPal with more than $50, as they are not a bank and have a very bad track record with successful merchants. Where AUHTORIZE.NET has an excellent track record, and any associated MERCHANT ACCOUNT would be subject to strict banking laws, unlike PayPal. If you need help with a merchant account, just ask. But if you wanted PayPal as an option, we could arrange for that.

We have many other projects we will apply this to, so the intent is to create a MOD, and then offer it in the marketplace. I can tell you this will NOT be a CHEAP MOD. What we are building is very commercial, and would be only for the most serious operator.

If your interested in discussing it, and perhaps getting access to the first available release. Please contact me ASAP, at: 27151918@gmail.com. I'm sure we could work something out. Particularly if your willing to get involved with a BETA release, helping us to locate and isolate any bugs that we need to correct.

Aloha

Franz Rodgers, A.G. Ret.
CEO, JingleSPOT, inc.
MystroWARE Software Division

Quote · 11 Sep 2014

I would like the same tool that adds the percentage but with a twist 

The amount is not deducted but added to the user price

The amount is held until confirmed receipt of the goods by the buyer automatically and releases the funds to the seller 

A different amount on membership levels that is the higher the membership level the lower the commission

If the module can work by adding even logistics prices from different companies I would highly appreciate it 

Is it possible?.....Kind'o like Alibaba,com

Quote · 4 Jul 2015

Below is the legacy version of the Boonex site, maintained for Dolphin.Pro 7.x support.
The new Dolphin solution is powered by UNA Community Management System.