Strange Error After Moving Dolphin To VPS

I am getting this error after moving from a shared hosting account to VPS. Thisd appears in the header of every page and I cant access the admin area at all:

I did find one post about this but none of those solutions worked for me.

https://www.boonex.com/forums/topic/Odd-SQL-error-has-just-appeared-.htm

allowed: '.mysql_result($rResult,0,'access').'
logged: '.$logged['admin'].'
numrows = '.mysql_numrows($rResult); $logged['admin'] = $_COOKIE['memberID']; if(mysql_numrows($rResult)>0) { $dbaccess=mysql_result($rResult,0,'access'); $access=split(',',$dbaccess); // print_r($_SERVER); $allowAccess=0; if(($_SERVER['SCRIPT_NAME']!='/'.$admin_dir.'/add_admins.php')&&($_SERVER['REQUEST_URI']!='/'.$admin_dir.'/index.php') &&($_SERVER['REQUEST_URI']!='/'.$admin_dir.'/')) { // print $_SERVER['REQUEST_URI']; if(!empty($access)) if(is_array($access)) {if(!in_array($logged['admin'],$access)) $allowAccess=0; else {$allowAccess=1;} } else {if($logged['admin'] != $access) $allowAccess=0; else {$allowAccess=1;}} if($allowAccess==0) { die(_t('_adm_no_access').'

'); } } } else if((($_SERVER['SCRIPT_NAME']=='/'.$admin_dir.'/add_admins.php')||($_SERVER['SCRIPT_NAME']=='/'.$admin_dir.'/menu_compose_admin.php'))&&($logged['admin']!=1)) die(_t('_adm_no_access').'

'); } ?>

Thanks in advance and grateful for any advice to get this solve.

Cheers.

Enhance Your Onlne Experience. 4eLife.com
Quote · 30 Jul 2018

my sql versions differ as follows:

OLD: 10.1.31-MariaDB-cll-lve

NEW: Ver 14.14 Distrib 5.7.22, for Linux (x86_64) using  EditLine wrapper

Quote · 30 Jul 2018

You haven't mentioned what version of PHP although it looks like a MySQL issue.

I'm not too good with Linux and as my VPS server didn't come with Control Panel, I elected to go with Linux 32 and PHP 5.something which was supplied with Sentora.

My VPS with Digital Ocean is working fine, but all are different. It did take a while to fine tune everything, but Sentora helped mainly because it comes with a compatible PHP and MySQL package.

Quote · 30 Jul 2018

Thanks for the response johnk42, I am using php 5.6 for dolphin

But I have two php versions on my vps so I can call php 5.6 for dolphin and php 7.2 for a couple of joomla sites I have installed.

Im no expert myself but believe this is done by using php fpm (whatever that is).

I use a lot of digital oceans tutorials to get things done whenever they are available but ubuntu 18 is now out so a lot of tutorials arent up to date. But usually ubuntu 16.4 tutorials are good.

Howver mysql has changed drastically since I had the site installed on an ubuntu 16.4 system so it does seem to be mysql at fault here? Just guessing though.

Thanks again for the response, much appreciated.

Quote · 30 Jul 2018

It's often been said here, so I'll repeat it for what it's worth: It's not always a good idea to use the latest and greatest, especially when Dolphin may need older versions of PHP and MySQL.

As I said, I ran into a lot of trouble until I started using Sentora. I haven't looked recently but they didn't have a version for PHP7, so I ran with whatever Sentora supplied. It's a bit like WAMP in that everything is tuned to run with everything else supplied in the box. If I recall, it also dictated the version of Unubtu and I'm using 14 if I recall. As I said, not a single issue so far and I'm running about 10 scripts of various kinds for different people on the one server. Each has their own Sentora Panel.

I hate to say it, but I'd be inclined to experiment with a few older versions. It's easy to do with Digital Ocean because they charge for their droplets by the hour. I think I had four running at one stage trying out different versions of Ubuntu with different panels.

Quote · 30 Jul 2018

Ok, cheers and thanks for the tips.

Quote · 30 Jul 2018

Thats really strange... 

I just installed ioncube for another site and now the issue above as gone away?

I cant be sure because I am new to this type of php setup (double php versions)

...but during the ioncube install I was directed to restart the fpm service using:

sudo systemctl restart php5.6-fpm.service

And now everything is fine. 

I suppose this is because changes I made to the php.ini file didnt take until the fpm service started anew.

Anyways, I'm quite at my leasure. lol.

Thanks and have a good one johnk42

Quote · 30 Jul 2018

Correct; when running php as an Apache mod, you restart Apache when making changes to php.  If you are running php-fpm, then when making changes to php, you restart php-fpm.  Now, don't forget to look at the settings for php-fpm as well, for example, child processes etc.  Look at the pools for php-fpm.

Geeks, making the world a better place
Quote · 30 Jul 2018

Thanks GG, I will take a look. I have looked already but thought that the main php settings were still in the php.ini file as usual.

Are you suggesting that I need to make specific changes in the other ini files?

Thanks again.

Quote · 30 Jul 2018

Thanks GG, I will take a look. I have looked already but thought that the main php settings were still in the php.ini file as usual.

Are you suggesting that I need to make specific changes in the other ini files?

Thanks again.

Do some reading on php-fpm; there is good information on the net explaining how to get the best performance.

Geeks, making the world a better place
Quote · 31 Jul 2018

Below is the legacy version of the Boonex site, maintained for Dolphin.Pro 7.x support.
The new Dolphin solution is powered by UNA Community Management System.