Ultimate Articles Support (Modzzz) - part 4

10 Feb 2015

@dustybin - There are tons of file changes between your version and the present. If you are upgrading, it would be easier to re-apply the customizations.

Paypal email is jeromemingo@gmail.com - http://www.boonex.com/market/posts/modzzz
10 Feb 2015

Okies, makes sense. Do i need to liaise with you off forum to arrange for you to redo the customisations?

13 Feb 2015

OK, so we are just doing the upgrade from 7,0,3 to 7,1,5. The mod is still on the site in version 2.0.6 but obviously is the 7.0 version. 

How do I do the upgrade? As it is the old version seems to be functioning.

Can I uninstall the 2.0.6 version and then install the current version 2.1.5 as though it were a fresh install? Of course I don't want to lose the almost 60,000 articles we already have. ;)

Thanks!

20 Apr 2015

If you uninstall a module, you lose all data. When upgrading, you need to apply patches sequentially.

OK, so we are just doing the upgrade from 7,0,3 to 7,1,5. The mod is still on the site in version 2.0.6 but obviously is the 7.0 version. 

How do I do the upgrade? As it is the old version seems to be functioning.

Can I uninstall the 2.0.6 version and then install the current version 2.1.5 as though it were a fresh install? Of course I don't want to lose the almost 60,000 articles we already have. ;)

Thanks!

Paypal email is jeromemingo@gmail.com - http://www.boonex.com/market/posts/modzzz
12 May 2015

Is it possible to make additional fields for articles?

For example:

- source;

the list of references;

- description in other languages etc.

Veru useful function for sites admins!

19 Jun 2015

Yes, but there is no interface to click and do this. The fields would have to be added through file changes.

For example:

- source;

the list of references;

20 Jun 2015

Is it possible to give short instructions how to make these changes? For example, I wan't to add a field "Source of article"... With these changes mod becomes more useful for different web-projects.

Or it's payable custom job? 

Yes, but there is no interface to click and do this. The fields would have to be added through file changes.

For example:

- source;

the list of references;

23 Jun 2015

Dear Modzzz!

Is it possible to fix this error? I get this error 10-15 times per day:

Database error

Query:

SELECT `modzzz_articles_main`.`id` as `id`, `modzzz_articles_main`.`title` as `title`, `modzzz_articles_main`.`uri` as `uri`, `modzzz_articles_main`.`created` as `created`, `modzzz_articles_main`.`when` as `when`, `modzzz_articles_main`.`author_id` as `author_id`, `modzzz_articles_main`.`thumb` as `thumb`, `modzzz_articles_main`.`rate`, `modzzz_articles_main`.`country`, `modzzz_articles_main`.`city`, `modzzz_articles_main`.`anonymous`, `modzzz_articles_main`.`snippet`, `modzzz_articles_main`.`desc`, `modzzz_articles_main`.`categories`, `modzzz_articles_main`.`tags`, `modzzz_articles_main`.`video_embed`, `modzzz_articles_main`.`comments_count`, `modzzz_articles_main`.`organization`, `modzzz_articles_main`.`real_author`, `modzzz_articles_main`.`source`, `modzzz_articles_main`.`author_website`, `modzzz_articles_main`.`author_id`, `modzzz_articles_main`.`id`,  `Profiles`.`NickName` as `NickName`  FROM `modzzz_articles_main`  left JOIN `Profiles` ON `Profiles`.`ID`=`modzzz_articles_main`.`author_id` inner JOIN `sys_categories` ON `sys_categories`.`ID`=`modzzz_articles_main`.`id` WHERE 1 AND `modzzz_articles_main`.`status` ='approved' AND `sys_categories`.`Category` ='История' AND `sys_categories`.`Type` ='modzzz_articles'   ORDER BY `modzzz_articles_main`.`when` DESC LIMIT 2200, 100

Mysql error: Incorrect key file for table '/mysqltmp/#sql_315d7_10.MYI'; try to repair it

Found error in the file '/home/a9by/public_html/***...***/inc/classes/BxDolSearch.php' at line 455.
Called 'db_res_assoc_arr' function with erroneous argument #0.

3 Aug 2015

Login to phpmyadmin and repair the table modzzz_articles_main . If you do not know how to repair a table, PM me with your CPanel login details.

Dear Modzzz!

Is it possible to fix this error? I get this error 10-15 times per day:

Database error

Query:

SELECT `modzzz_articles_main`.`id` as `id`, `modzzz_articles_main`.`title` as `title`, `modzzz_articles_main`.`uri` as `uri`, `modzzz_articles_main`.`created` as `created`, `modzzz_articles_main`.`when` as `when`, `modzzz_articles_main`.`author_id` as `author_id`, `modzzz_articles_main`.`thumb` as `thumb`, `modzzz_articles_main`.`rate`, `modzzz_articles_main`.`country`, `modzzz_articles_main`.`city`, `modzzz_articles_main`.`anonymous`, `modzzz_articles_main`.`snippet`, `modzzz_articles_main`.`desc`, `modzzz_articles_main`.`categories`, `modzzz_articles_main`.`tags`, `modzzz_articles_main`.`video_embed`, `modzzz_articles_main`.`comments_count`, `modzzz_articles_main`.`organization`, `modzzz_articles_main`.`real_author`, `modzzz_articles_main`.`source`, `modzzz_articles_main`.`author_website`, `modzzz_articles_main`.`author_id`, `modzzz_articles_main`.`id`,  `Profiles`.`NickName` as `NickName`  FROM `modzzz_articles_main`  left JOIN `Profiles` ON `Profiles`.`ID`=`modzzz_articles_main`.`author_id` inner JOIN `sys_categories` ON `sys_categories`.`ID`=`modzzz_articles_main`.`id` WHERE 1 AND `modzzz_articles_main`.`status` ='approved' AND `sys_categories`.`Category` ='История' AND `sys_categories`.`Type` ='modzzz_articles'   ORDER BY `modzzz_articles_main`.`when` DESC LIMIT 2200, 100

Mysql error: Incorrect key file for table '/mysqltmp/#sql_315d7_10.MYI'; try to repair it

Found error in the file '/home/a9by/public_html/***...***/inc/classes/BxDolSearch.php' at line 455.
Called 'db_res_assoc_arr' function with erroneous argument #0.

3 Aug 2015

This module is now compatible with Dolphin 7.2 . For those upgrading from Dolphin 7.1, please check the upgrade folder for instructions.

6 Sep 2015

When trying to add a new article and I click on the +. It takes me to a white screen?

13 Oct 2015

Check your PM and respond.

When trying to add a new article and I click on the +. It takes me to a white screen?

14 Oct 2015

Just installed this module. I do not give users permissions to upload videos to the site. I allow Embed only.  However on the add article form they have the option to browse and upload a video.  How can I stop them from seeing this since it doesn't seem to be permission based?  Thanks.

21 Nov 2015

Upload of all media in the module (and in fact all my modules) is based on membership permission. Did you try to add as an ordinary member or as administrator ? Remember administrator always have privileges whether or not they are turned off in membership level settings.

Just installed this module. I do not give users permissions to upload videos to the site. I allow Embed only.  However on the add article form they have the option to browse and upload a video.  How can I stop them from seeing this since it doesn't seem to be permission based?  Thanks.

21 Nov 2015

Upload of all media in the module (and in fact all my modules) is based on membership permission. Did you try to add as an ordinary member or as administrator ? Remember administrator always have privileges whether or not they are turned off in membership level settings.

Yest I tried as a regular member.  Things like files, sounds, etc are hidden as reg members do not have that permission so that works fine.  Video permissions for membership levels simply has that you can either "add videos" enabled or disabled.  If I disable being able to add video then my members are not going to be able to embed their YouTube videos if I understand that correctly.  In the video module settings have all uploaders turned off except for the "embed" option.  If I remove the permission to add videos I am sure that the upload video block will disappear from the add article form but then they won't be able to embed videos through out the site right?  Sounds like I am mixed up here somewhere.  So if I remove permission to "add video" then they can not embed YouTube videos site wide.  This is much different than being able to upload videos to my server using my space and bandwidth.  I need users to be able to embed YT video sidewide but not see an option to upload videos.  That is why the video module has the option to turn off uploaders and just use the embed option.  That make sense or am I twisted up somewhere?

21 Nov 2015

I understand your situation. The mod will be adjusted to make embedding independent. Not sure what was going through my mind when I made it dependent.

Yest I tried as a regular member.  Things like files, sounds, etc are hidden as reg members do not have that permission so that works fine.  Video permissions for membership levels simply has that you can either "add videos" enabled or disabled.  If I disable being able to add video then my members are not going to be able to embed their YouTube videos if I understand that correctly.  In the video module settings have all uploaders turned off except for the "embed" option.  If I remove the permission to add videos I am sure that the upload video block will disappear from the add article form but then they won't be able to embed videos through out the site right?  Sounds like I am mixed up here somewhere.  So if I remove permission to "add video" then they can not embed YouTube videos site wide.  This is much different than being able to upload videos to my server using my space and bandwidth.  I need users to be able to embed YT video sidewide but not see an option to upload videos.  That is why the video module has the option to turn off uploaders and just use the embed option.  That make sense or am I twisted up somewhere?

22 Nov 2015

Thanks Modzzz. I appreciate your notion to adjust that for me.  While its relevant this same condition exist in the recipes module that I have.  I'll keep an eye out for when you make changes.  Thanks again.

22 Nov 2015

Version 2.1.6 released. (See patches/version_2.1.6 folder in zip file)

Added the ability to control video embedding based on membership level.

Also, the integration with Points module has been updated. You will need to rerun the sqlpoints.php

11 Dec 2015

Hi Modzzz.

Got the same issue as I did with Answers module recently. When a guest comments on an article, in Timeline it attributes me (the admin) instead of saying attributing the guest to the comment.

4 Feb 2016

An update has been made to properly attribute guests to comment posts. Re-upload the file below and recompile the language for the module.

modules\modzzz\articles\classes\BxArticlesModule.php

4 Feb 2016

Dolphin 7.3 version is available - Re-upload files and clear cache.

6 Mar 2016

Hey 

17 Mar 2016

You need to apply the five missing patches (2.1.2 to 2.1.6) sequentially. No data is lost when patches are applied.

Please note that if you have a Dolphin 7.2 site and plan to upgrade to Dolphin 7.3, you must apply these patches and bring the module up to date BEFORE updating your Dolphin version.

Hey 

17 Mar 2016

Okay got it. But where can I download all patches?

You need to apply the five missing patches (2.1.2 to 2.1.6) sequentially. No data is lost when patches are applied.

Please note that if you have a Dolphin 7.2 site and plan to upgrade to Dolphin 7.3, you must apply these patches and bring the module up to date BEFORE updating your Dolphin version.

Hey 

17 Mar 2016

Download the mod, unzip it and you will see the patches folder.

17 Mar 2016

Okay thanks a lot Wink

Download the mod, unzip it and you will see the patches folder.

17 Mar 2016

An update has been made to the Dolphin 7.3 upgrade. If you have done this already, please redo the integration.

29 Mar 2016

Is there a "Get RSS" URL to articles that folks can load into a RSS reader to get the latest articles from our site?  

9 Jun 2016

There is an RSS Icon in the upper right corner of the page block.

Is there a "Get RSS" URL to articles that folks can load into a RSS reader to get the latest articles from our site?  

9 Jun 2016

There is an RSS Icon in the upper right corner of the page block.

Found it.  Was being hidden by an element on our site's theme.  Thanks.  

9 Jun 2016

Instead of the owner's Profile Image/Avatar displaying on the browse pages, I'd like to see the first image uploaded for an Article displayed instead.  Can you provide the code to make this change?

Thanks - Jethro

27 Jun 2016

Module already has this functionality - Check the settings.

Instead of the owner's Profile Image/Avatar displaying on the browse pages, I'd like to see the first image uploaded for an Article displayed instead.  Can you provide the code to make this change?

Thanks - Jethro

27 Jun 2016

Aha!!  Thanks - slipped right by my eyes!

27 Jun 2016

hi tried to test at your website but got data base error

3 Sep 2016

Please tell me exactly what action you were performing when you got an error.

hi tried to test at your website but got data base error

3 Sep 2016

Hi, Modzzz!

Is it possible to show statistics af an article: number of views? As in the standard Files module, for example.

It would be very-very-very useful possobility - views counter af any article...

14 Dec 2016

@malpa - The Info block on the Articles page already has the views.

14 Dec 2016

Thank you. But I have another question)

I need to display date of an article in the block_description.html template (to make nice description of every article for users).

What did I make?

1) I added this line to the file BxArticlesTemplate.php:

'article_time' => $aDataEntry['when'],

2) I added __article_time__ to the template block_description.html

What did I get?

Date: 1481720100 

Question:

1481720100  = error format of the date.... How can I get date of an article in the right date format in the template block_description.html ? Like 14.12.2016, but not 1481720100.

14 Dec 2016

I use Boonex Dolphin 7.1.x and an old version of module Ultimate Articles.

So, I have no "Views" parameter in my website.

Is it possible to use new version of Ultimate Articles (with all functions like "Views", "Subscribers") with Boonex Dolphin 7.1.X? Or its impossible???

Here is my file entry_view_block_info.html:

<div class="bx_sys_block_info">

<div class="infoMain">

__author_unit__

<div class="infoText bx-def-margin-sec-top">

<div class="infoUnit infoUnitFontIcon">

<i class="sys-icon time"></i>

__date__ (__date_ago__)

</div>

<div class="infoUnit infoUnitFontIcon">

<i class="sys-icon folder-close"></i>

__cats__

</div> 

</div>

<div class="clear_both"></div>

</div>

</div>

__fields__

14 Dec 2016

WOW!!!!!! I have done it!!!!!!

RIGHT COMMAND:

'article_time' => getLocaleDate($aDataEntry['when'], BX_DOL_LOCALE_DATE_SHORT),

It works!!!

Thank you. But I have another question)

I need to display date of an article in the block_description.html template (to make nice description of every article for users).

What did I make?

1) I added this line to the file BxArticlesTemplate.php:

'article_time' => $aDataEntry['when'],

2) I added __article_time__ to the template block_description.html

What did I get?

Date: 1481720100 

Question:

1481720100  = error format of the date.... How can I get date of an article in the right date format in the template block_description.html ? Like 14.12.2016, but not 1481720100.

14 Dec 2016

Dear Modzzz!

I have an idea to improve the mod.

It would be very useful for users and for articles authors to have tops:

- Most viewed articles (with table with number of views, top-20);

- Most rated articles (with number of times an article was rated, top-20);

- Most subscribed article s (with number of subscriptions).

You have these functions in the module but without numbers. Is it possible to add numbers in the Articles Home page?

And one question: what get user if he\she pushes the button "Subscribe"? Email notifications if an article was edited by the author? I don't understand the value of this action.

29 Dec 2016

Hi, the following element missing CSS style and this prevents me from changing style for RTL. can you add them to CSS please. 

1.PNG · 33K · 289 views
2.PNG · 4.3K · 284 views
Always remember that the future comes one day at a time.
28 May 2017

@yzisano - Can you translate what is on your images to English so that I can know which blocks you are referring to ?

29 May 2017

@modzzz: I made a custom image to replace the default "no-image-thumb.png" when no photos have been uploaded. However, I prefer this to be shown regardless if any photos have been uploaded.

Can you please direct me to which line of code in the module php I need to alter for the article it would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks in advance.

1 Jun 2017

@neotekcorpIn modules/modzzz/articles/classes/BxArticlesTemplate.php

Find :

'thumb_url' => $sImage ? $sImage : $this->getImageUrl('no-image-thumb.png'),

Replace with :

'thumb_url' => $this->getImageUrl('no-image-thumb.png'),

1 Jun 2017

@modzzz - great. thanks!

1 Jun 2017

Articles module is updated to fix an error. Download again and re-upload the following file to your server :

modules/modzzz/articles/classes/BxArticlesModule.php 

12 Jul 2017

Question, How do I add PICTURES to a ARTICLE, I see where you can can Videos, But how does someone add a picture when they are creating the article or how do they add pictures to existing Articles?

11 Aug 2017

The Photos module must be installed on your site then you will see the possibility to add pictures.

Question, How do I add PICTURES to a ARTICLE, I see where you can can Videos, But how does someone add a picture when they are creating the article or how do they add pictures to existing Articles?

12 Aug 2017
12 Aug 2017

Below is the legacy version of the Boonex site, maintained for Dolphin.Pro 7.x support.
The new Dolphin solution is powered by UNA Community Management System.