Upgrade Path

Hi, I'm still sitting on v7.05, mainly due to the fact that I have around 100 dolphin sites... Wondering if there is a way to upgrade to 7.1 quickly without doing each version at a time? Of it not what the quickest process to upgrade might be such as unpack all files into one folder for each upgrade overwriting newer files and create one group of changed files and then use that, then do the usual process and follow any special procedures in the notes for each version??

Any help appreciated 

tks

Quote · 23 Nov 2012

You have to go through each upgrade, that would take about 30 minutes at most.

It's a very simple process as long as you have not modded core files.

ManOfTeal.COM a Proud UNA site, six years running strong!
Quote · 23 Nov 2012

Yes, you can create some sort of commutative patch: download all the required upgrade packs and create one by copying all of them to the one folder, but start with lowest possible patch, 7.0.6 in your case, and overwrite all the files in it with 7.0.7, then 7.0.8, 7.0.9 and finally 7.1.0 B1.

When you upload this commutative patch to the site and go to /upgrade/ folder - run each patch incrementally (it should be detected automatically).

The only problem here are some manual steps in some upgrade patches - this can't be automated. Try to create some doc with total list of required manual actions to apply after upgrading each site. 

Rules → http://www.boonex.com/terms
Quote · 25 Nov 2012

Thanks Alex, I thought that might work... Ill give it a go tonight 

Quote · 26 Nov 2012

Below is the legacy version of the Boonex site, maintained for Dolphin.Pro 7.x support.
The new Dolphin solution is powered by UNA Community Management System.