Users are being turned into another user.Sessions? - part 2

Quote · 10 Jun 2014

Ok I am demolishing site features one by one. Firstly I discovered an odd side effect of completely turning off cache.  Certain page blocks no longer display and the member bar is gone. Also the login button that pops up the form does not work. Turning cache back on and everything returns to normal? Weird?

2ndly, I have uninstalled Modzzz auto mailer, raffles, ultimate referrals, referrals contest, and birthday mail by andrew p.  None of these have any effect on the problem.

Attached is a screen shot of the issue which the content being displayed is not my avatar nor my status message.

Perhaps you should contact modzzz. Based on your screenshot, if you uninstalled those mods, the menu items should not be there. Meaning none of those mods cleanly uninstalled.

Firstly I discovered an odd side effect of completely turning off cache.  Certain page blocks no longer display and the member bar is gone. Also the login button that pops up the form does not work.
I ran into a issue with one other site i did work on that when the caching was off, the entire sites CSS was messed up. As if they were not loading. Only seen that with one site. And it only occurred when css and js caching was off.

Only conclusion i could come up with on that one was some kind of issue with to much css or js from the massive number of modules that were installed on that site. But module count was later reduced but problem still existed, so i have no clue of the real cause of the issues.

I actually wanted to back up everything and scrap the site, reinstall all the mods and import data. But that process would have taken forever.

https://www.deanbassett.com
Quote · 10 Jun 2014

***Issue Fixed!!!!!!!!!!

I upgraded from php 5.3.28 to PHP 5.5.10

I can no longer replicate this problem. All functions correctly now. In case this does not fix your problem I also during the same time uninstalled and reinstalled modzzz raffle, auto mailer, referrals, and referrals contest though I do not think its related.

@ClubLandOnline let me know if this helps.  Keep in mind I had to wait 10 to 15 minutes for php settings to propagate just to be safe. I also had to clear my browser cache again and close and restart the browser.

@Deano- Thanks for offering the site maintenance mod to keep my members informed during this time and allowing me to maintain some dignity!

@Houston - I turn 31 in November. LoL. Love a good desktop and Laptop! Long as it does not run Windows 8!

@Everyone Else- Thanks for helping with this. Hopefully I do not have to report back soon saying the issue has returned.

Quote · 10 Jun 2014

I ran into a issue with one other site i did work on that when the caching was off, the entire sites CSS was messed up. As if they were not loading. Only seen that with one site. And it only occurred when css and js caching was off.

Only conclusion i could come up with on that one was some kind of issue with to much css or js from the massive number of modules that were installed on that site. But module count was later reduced but problem still existed, so i have no clue of the real cause of the issues.

Back when I first started running Dolphin 7.1.0 first release one day I got a report about the site being "messed up."  When I went to inspect, the CSS for the site was not loading in at all.  I cleared /cache and /cache_public and reloaded and the problem went away.  Not sure what caused the problem and it worried me that it would happen again.  So far it has not and I hope it doesn't.

Geeks, making the world a better place
Quote · 10 Jun 2014

upgraded from php 5.3.28 to PHP 5.5.10

Would be interesting if we could set up a test server with that version of php and a clone of your site to see if the issue returns.

On another note, could it have been some setting in the php.ini file that is not on your current php version?

Quote · 10 Jun 2014

When I went to inspect, the CSS for the site was not loading in at all.  I cleared /cache and /cache_public and reloaded and the problem went away. 

That was not this problem in this instance. I kind take that as a insult. Do you really believe that i am that stupid that i would not have done all that?

https://www.deanbassett.com
Quote · 10 Jun 2014

When I went to inspect, the CSS for the site was not loading in at all.  I cleared /cache and /cache_public and reloaded and the problem went away. 

That was not this problem in this instance. I kind take that as a insult. Do you really believe that i am that stupid that i would not have done all that?

No Deano, you misunderstood my posting.  What I was posting for was that something outside of my knowledge prevented the CSS for the page to load.  I don't know what would cause that and I only saw it happen once and at the time no changes were made to the site.  It was not just not loading for me, it was not loading for anyone around the world that was using the site; so it was some Dolphin thing.  I simply stated that it cleared on flushing the cache files and has not returned.  Of course I know you know to do such things, I was not telling you to do that; that was not advice to you; it was just a statement of what I did.  However, something still caused the issue and since I don't know what or how, there is always the worry it will happen again.  It could have been something to do with the Dolphin cache engine; I believe at the moment I have CSS and JS caching turned off, so as you have stated, the Dolphin cache engine could have been the cause and I will keep it turned off.

Quote · 10 Jun 2014

after seeing that myhuntprofile had fixed this issue by updating php i contacted my hosting company and asked them to look at this thread and see if they could update php for me, after a couple of days here is what i have just received back from them: 

We have added php 5.5 to the php Selector available via your cPanel. When this version is set the URLs will not load properly and the profile links will load 404 error which means this page does not exist. We have set php 5.4 which has fixed this issue.
Please check with your developer to further debug the issue and if s/he has specific requirements on the php version which should be used provide us with these details and we will assist you further. As of right now the issue is considered as development related as it is related to the functions of the application. Unfortunately we do not offer development services at this point to provide you with custom patches for the script. You may test again the application with php 5.5 by selecting it via cPanel > Select PHP Version tab. 

if anybody has got any ideas at all about where i can go from here or what else i can try to fix this problem it would be very much appreciated

Quote · 12 Jun 2014

I actually wanted to back up everything and scrap the site, reinstall all the mods and import data. But that process would have taken forever.

how long is forever? because this could end up being my only choice the way things are going

Quote · 12 Jun 2014

There are those running Dolphin on PHP 5.5.x and not seeing any issues.  However, PHP 5.5.x is not the official stable release.  I am running Dolphin on PHP 5.4.27 at the moment and all is fine.  There are some deprecated PHP functions in Dolphin that Boonex will need to address at some future point; I am not sure if that could be an issue with PHP 5.5.x or not that you are seeing.  I would select a php 5.4.x that is available to you from your control panel instead of 5.5.x at this time.

Quote · 12 Jun 2014

this has truly beaten me and i give up, so i'm just going to hide them via css, who needs icons and status messages anyway lol

Quote · 12 Jun 2014

this has truly beaten me and i give up, so i'm just going to hide them via css, who needs icons and status messages anyway lol

So updating to the latest version of 5.4.x of php did not change anything.  It may be something other than the php version.  You need someone to come in and start looking at things for you.

Quote · 12 Jun 2014

There are those running Dolphin on PHP 5.5.x and not seeing any issues.  However, PHP 5.5.x is not the official stable release.  I am running Dolphin on PHP 5.4.27 at the moment and all is fine.  There are some deprecated PHP functions in Dolphin that Boonex will need to address at some future point; I am not sure if that could be an issue with PHP 5.5.x or not that you are seeing.  I would select a php 5.4.x that is available to you from your control panel instead of 5.5.x at this time.

D7.1.x runs fine on php 5.5...

latest stable is 5.5.13 http://php.net/downloads.php

so much to do....
Quote · 12 Jun 2014

Yes, I stand corrected, I meant php 5.5.x is still considered developmental.

Quote · 12 Jun 2014

I want you to get help with this ClubLandOnline.  PHP 5.5.10 is stable and stable up to 5.5.13 as previously stated. It sounds like your host just may not keep up with the latest versions of php. I am sympathetic for your issues. If you are not attached to where you previous host I will give you some details about my host in private message along with prices. My sites have been there for 5 years. The dolphin site for 3 years.  The only thing I can think of that I've had to do different is the cron job over there. If you does not suit your needs there is a 30 day no questions asked money back guarantee with no surprises. I am not sure of your experience level though you sound pretty familiar with it all I can even migrate all your files and domains if you like.  You do need VPS to run dolphin successfully though or larger. I use a mid grade VPS right now for $52.80 American per month. There are smaller plans and much larger. I use Open VZ VPS because it is what I prefer and offers room for future expansion but Virtuozzo VPS is also available. Please know I am not wanting to sell you something or trying to market you, I just thought that we both had the exact same problem and mine was solved through this route. If there is anything I can to do help let me know. What would be really helpful is if your hosting provider would install 5.5 and make it available for you. Since I've made the upgrade I've still had no issues and found none other in the site related to upgrading.  I should however turn error reporting on and pass through the site to see if anything shows but everything functions ok so far. Good luck, I wish you the best. I am still left curious why others are not having our similar issue running the same versions. Maybe they have not noticed it yet or reported it. It can be hard to notice I suppose.

Quote · 12 Jun 2014

@gg and @myhuntprofile, sorry, i somehow completely missed your last messages on this post, my plan was to use a shared hosting account while in development and then upgrade before launch but to be honest i'm thinking i might have to do it sooner because without going into to many details i've had other problems as well and now i'm beginning to think that part of the problem this time is to do with the server so i think i would just be wasting someone's time if i got them to look at now and it would be best if i wait until i get the site moved, please feel free to pm me

Quote · 16 Jun 2014

Below is the legacy version of the Boonex site, maintained for Dolphin.Pro 7.x support.
The new Dolphin solution is powered by UNA Community Management System.