Video, Photo and Sound Upload issues

With complete new install of 7.1.1  I cannot switch the photo/video upload options from the flash option to regular,shoot or embed just continues to display the rotating icon see screenshot image attached..... Please tell me what problem may be and how to fix it  thank you.....

Also videos will not process after uploading with the flash option (because I cannot switch this option)...stay listed as "processing pending"

Had to trash site and go back to 7.0.9 to get upload functions to work properly this is not good, seems I've wasted a lot of time and $$$ with Dolphin so far as  very disappointed ....really considering finding something new like a Joomla/Jomsocial program, even JCow is starting to look like a better idea than dealing with the constant issues that come with Dolphin Software and it's upgrades.   Can someone please help resolve these issues  so that I may perhaps convert back to latest 7.1.1 version

Thank you

upload.gif · 12.2K · 799 views
25 Apr 2013

Can you create a test install of Dolphin 7.1.1 so that we can work with you to help resolved the issues?  Since you no longer have Dolphin 7.1.1 installed on your server, it makes it difficult if not impossible to help resolve the issues.

Geeks, making the world a better place
25 Apr 2013

Well I did uninstall and reinstall  7.1.1  because Map api would not work with 7.0.9  anymore   still same issue

5 May 2013

Try to reproduce this problem with default UNI template, it maybe related to your custom template.

Rules → http://www.boonex.com/terms
6 May 2013

I am using the default template  I even tried 7.1.2  and I have the same issue

13 May 2013

because Map api would not work with 7.0.9  anymore

The Map API has been depreciated. You no longer have to input that.

ManOfTeal.COM a Proud UNA site, six years running strong!
13 May 2013

Thanks for PM.

Now, please do the Captcha so I can join and start testing with you.

ManOfTeal.COM a Proud UNA site, six years running strong!
13 May 2013

Ok sorry it's recaptcha is set

13 May 2013

I am having the same problems with video uploads...I have file size in php set to 200MB and 100MB in dolphin, however it keeps saying file size can't be over 64MB when uploading videos. Also some times the video won't even upload and process. I think boonex needs to look into this  

13 May 2013

the music and video upload it is displayed correctly on the website, but it is very long between 10-20 minutes. I think is not so normal, it's the dolphin in the software technology is simply slow. there could be much improved in the technic of dolphin software. otherwise everything is going so far correctly and well.

phpcube
13 May 2013

Thanks for PM.

Now, please do the Captcha so I can join and start testing with you.

Any luck? I see you have not registered with my website yet I'm now debating whether or not to uninstall Dolphin or just remove all other options except for the flash upload option.... but that doesn't remove the drop down menu, not very professional look for users as well as very disappointing that this is the only upload option available, record and embedded are very attractive to users I really need to get this working correctly

14 May 2013

Any luck? I see you have not registered with my website yet I'm now debating whether or not to uninstall Dolphin or just remove all other options except for the flash upload option.... but that doesn't remove the drop down menu, not very professional look for users as well as very disappointing that this is the only upload option available, record and embedded are very attractive to users I really need to get this working correctly

I think he's waiting for you to either setup or remove the reCaptcha field so he can make an account.

BoonEx Certified Host: Zarconia.net - Fully Supported Shared and Dedicated for Dolphin
14 May 2013

The problem seems to with Internet Explorer for some reason with this version (7.1) of Dolphin,  I installed and tried Google Chrome and all works without any issues.....

14 May 2013

Too many different problems:

- "Access denied" error after upload in 7.1.2, it may occur in custom template if it uses own version of swf_upload_integration.html file, the solution is to ask template owner to update the template to be compatible with 7.1.2

- Impossible to upload files over 64MB, the solution is to increase the following setting option in video/sounds module administration settings page - Maximal Size Of One File (In Megabytes)

- Sounds/Videos processing takes 10-20 minutes, videos/sounds processing command runs every 5 minutes and process up to 2 files per one run, the actual conversion time varies depending on video size, for long videos it may even take hours... so processing time depending on when cron runs (every 5 minutes), conversion queue (if more than 2 videos are pending processing then it will be converted upon next cron running), and video size/codec/quality.

- Sounds/Videos stays in pending processing queue and never process, most probably that cronjob is not setup properly, you need to setup it properly or ask someone for help, for example hosting support if it is managed hosting, also site control panel have some handy tools to make it easier for you, some instruction on how to setup cron can be found in installation manual.

- Sounds/Videos are always failed after some time, check if right ffmpeg binary is used, by default ffmpeg for Linux OS is provided, if you are on windows you can download ffmpeg for windows here, ffmpeg binary is located in flash/modules/global/app/ffmpeg.exe, name must be ffmpeg.exe for any OS. One more problem is permission or some PHP settings, to check if it is correct go to Admin panel > Tools > Host Tools > Audit | Permissions 

If you need to discuss particular problems - create new thread.

Rules → http://www.boonex.com/terms
15 May 2013

Below is the legacy version of the Boonex site, maintained for Dolphin.Pro 7.x support.
The new Dolphin solution is powered by UNA Community Management System.