Vote on a template to build

Hello fellow community members, 

I want to build a Dolphin template, I have 3 designs and I'm not sure which one to pursue.

Which one would you buy (if any):

Option 1:

Option 1

Option 2:

Option 2

Option 3:

Option 3

These were going to be Buddypress themes but I think they could be good Dolphin templates instead.

Quote · 11 Oct 2015

3rd

Quote · 11 Oct 2015

2nd

Which theme it is? I searched Bud theme for WordPress but didn't get it. Can you give me the link for it?

Quote · 11 Oct 2015

I didn't build the theme for wp so it doesn't exist.

Anymore votes?

Quote · 16 Oct 2015

I think it's up to you to design a decent template and put it on the market to see if people are interested. Asking a few people here to vote is very unwise. You're only getting personal comments from a small number of users and that has no bearing on how popular an item will be.

If you want to make money from selling a product, you also have to learn how to market it. That's the way it works.

Quote · 16 Oct 2015

I'd rather get an indication of what 'could' be popular before building, it's a big gamble to just build a template for nothing. There is a lot of time involved.

Does anyone have suggestions to what they would like?

Quote · 16 Oct 2015

I also like the 3rd option.

ManOfTeal.COM a Proud UNA site, six years running strong!
Quote · 16 Oct 2015

The 3rd one

Quote · 16 Oct 2015

3rd as well.

Quote · 16 Oct 2015

Looks like the 3rd option is in the lead, it would be cool to get a few more.

Thanks for voting!

Quote · 17 Oct 2015

1st ..cause I see problem for timeline module in others 

Umar Haroon
Quote · 17 Oct 2015

I like the first one too, but more as a splash page than a true homepage.

Quote · 17 Oct 2015

Anymore votes?

So from where you got that image?

Quote · 18 Oct 2015

Upon reviewing again, I also started linking 3rd. The only thing I do not like in the 3rd is the Top Navigation Menu.
Navigation Menu in 2nd is better than 3rd. Think on this too! 

Quote · 18 Oct 2015

Anymore votes?

These are my designs, I didn't get them from anywhere.

Quote · 18 Oct 2015

Anymore votes?

These are my designs, I didn't get them from anywhere.

Okay then continue with the 3rd one but put 2nd's Top Navigation menu in that!

Quote · 18 Oct 2015

i would go for option: 2

Quote · 18 Oct 2015

Looks like 3rd is the winner

Quote · 31 Oct 2015

Looks like 3rd is the winner

Start working on it and finish it as soon as. Do not forget to put 2nd's one top navigation menu in that instead of 3rd one.

How many days will it take approx?

Quote · 1 Nov 2015

I like the 3rd one also did you ever finish?

Quote · 20 Jan 2016

A second and third mash-up.

TravelNotes.org - The Online Guide to Travel
Quote · 15 Feb 2016

The 3rd one looks more live!

Quote · 15 Feb 2016

@PlayBox

Its around 3 months passed. What is the status?

Quote · 16 Feb 2016

If someone wants to create a template, they usually know what they want. I always wonder when people ask others for help because it sounds like they're trying to gauge how much money they're likely to make. Thus it doesn't surprise me to see that his project has gone nowhere.

I suggest that people work with the templates available because you can do wonders with a few different colours.

Quote · 16 Feb 2016

@demmy You are exactly right, it wouldn't be any point in me investing so much time for nothing.

The interest hasn't convinced me enough, I still want to create a template but I see it's not 100% clear which one.

I'd like to hear from people how they feel about buying templates, you think it's worth it?

I don't agree with the notion that changing a few colours really cuts it. Users know quality and usability and judge it based on that.

Quote · 16 Feb 2016

You can see the market for a template and you will find it is no more than 15 in number and none of them is as beautiful as yours.

Many people suggested 3rd option. I suggested 3rd with 2nd one menu style. 
Why don't you design both 2nd and 3rd and sell?

I was thinking that you were working on the template and will release it soon. But it's strange you have not started yet!

I will suggest you to keep the selling price legitimate. Some people just only change the default color and start selling it in $99 which is nowhere justified from my side.

Even if your template will be the best and you keep your price too high then only the people who have more money to spend on will buy that. Other people like me will only look at it but can't buy.

So my suggestion would be $30-40

What do you say?

Quote · 16 Feb 2016

Thanks for your feedback, I do have a Wordpress theme which I need to finish, after that I will have to pick 1 to build. Maybe the 3rd option.

I was going to price at $45, I'll keep you guys posted!

Quote · 16 Feb 2016

I'll keep you guys posted!

What, in three months?

ManOfTeal.COM a Proud UNA site, six years running strong!
Quote · 16 Feb 2016

OPTION 2 - the minimal header graphic.   my 2 cents ( my own reasoning on that )

Eagle II sends

Over 68 years on the planet and still having fun ..
https://myneighbors.net  "0" header graphic.. hacking tmpl_evo ( boy that came in LOUD! )

Quote · 26 Feb 2016

Hey everyone, I built the theme Belief, it's the first version and I'll be adding more features to it as I go. 

Hope you like it!

https://www.boonex.com/m/belief-a-clean-contemporary-template

You can see a demo here:

http://playboxdesign.co/index.php

Quote · 12 Mar 2016

I like the 2nd one more.  

I also thought that since Belief is a fresh new template, that it would be 7.3 ready (and backwards compatible with everything thats < 7.3 as well.

Nice job though :) 

Ultra Newb reporting for duty.
Quote · 12 Mar 2016

Hey everyone, I built the theme Belief, it's the first version and I'll be adding more features to it as I go. 

Hope you like it!

You can see a demo here:

Liked it, but it's not the one completely which you have shown in the image. Only the Menu is designed, rest others are of Dolphin Evo default.

Hoping to see the complete theme soon!

Quote · 13 Mar 2016

Why I recommended 2nd one navigation with 3rd because it is fixed at the top... Even if user scrolls down then also they will be able to click on any menu item at any point in time without having to scroll up, also, it looks prettier than the third navigation menu style!!

The body of 3rd one is good compared to all others options hence, most people recommended it. That's why I suggested, "Do not forget to put 2nd's one top navigation menu in that instead of 3rd one."

Think about it, it would be a better option than the current one navigation menu! 

Quote · 13 Mar 2016

Hope you like it!

You can see a demo here:

Liked it, but it's not the one completely which you have shown in the image. Only the Menu is designed, rest others are of Dolphin Evo default.

Hoping to see the complete theme soon!

The image I posted is if a Wordpress based theme, do mimic that in Dolphin would take a massive amount of customization, would never be worth it.

Quote · 13 Mar 2016

Demo just gives me a white page.

Quote · 13 Mar 2016

Demo just gives me a white page.

It's back up now. 

Quote · 13 Mar 2016

I'm getting Server Error

From the land DownUnder
Quote · 13 Mar 2016

i wonder... this is the result after all this time?

i am not holding my breath for the rest.

just checked the demo and it's nothing like the image you showed months ago.

Good luck in your build PlayBox

Quote · 14 Mar 2016

You right and more so I bought lots of templates her at Boonex over the years and most of the templates are not updated. So most of my templates are trush cos they are simply not updated and I better do my own or stick with people from whom I know they do update their templates :-)

If someone wants to create a template, they usually know what they want. I always wonder when people ask others for help because it sounds like they're trying to gauge how much money they're likely to make. Thus it doesn't surprise me to see that his project has gone nowhere.

I suggest that people work with the templates available because you can do wonders with a few different colours.

Diddy is not greedy and has time. Dolphin is cool and its not just mine :-)
Quote · 14 Mar 2016

PlayBox: Tell us whether you are going to update the template to the photo which you had shown previously! Should we wait or forget?

Quote · 24 Mar 2016

I won't be doing anymore work on the template until I get some sales.

It's not worth me putting in time to sell 1.

Quote · 24 Mar 2016

Why do you think people will buy that when it is almost similar to Evo template?

Modify it and make changes to at least 50% to what you have shown in the image and then it is justified to say above quoted sentence!

Also, your demo website always has 500 error!

Quote · 24 Mar 2016

Where the confusion comes in in this post is possibly when you say you will build a template that looks like the above, people think the page blocks layout and content layout is 'the template' - whereas these areas are controlled by Joomla or WP or whatever CMS is behind the images posted....

Dolphin 'template' that has been  changed in your market release is the basic CSS of colours, menu, and basic CSS of page blocks  - but not the content layout in any way.

This I think is what most were under the impression was 'the template they were voting on.

Simple CSS changes in layouts are very simple to do for those who know how, and are a great starting place to learn for those that dont - price wise most of the templates on market should reflect this more i think.

Higher priced template, really need to start looking at something more than just a few colour and CSS changes...

Quote · 24 Mar 2016

Hmmm... are you for real!!
I bet no-one will bye the template how it is now.
That's business ... you build something and hope that people like the idea and willing to purchase the product.

if not you take the loss and try again...

You have to invest before you make money that's how it works.

Glad i did not hold my breath as i had high hopes that finally we would get a beautiful new template for Dolphin

Quote · 25 Mar 2016

You have to be kidding! Tha's like walking into the supermarket and seeing a sign saying "we won't be selling milk until someone buys some."

I think you need to find another vocation.

Quote · 25 Mar 2016

Below is the legacy version of the Boonex site, maintained for Dolphin.Pro 7.x support.
The new Dolphin solution is powered by UNA Community Management System.