What's happening with the Boonex Market?

I've tried this on different computers in different locations.

Until recently, when you went to the Market you saw a good cross section of modules from a variety of developers.

Yesterday and today, all I could find was pages and pages of modules created by AntonLV.  Would I be correct in saying that modules are now being listed by the Author's name alphabetically?

Quote · 13 Feb 2019

Nope. I believe it has to do with who has been flagging their modules as compatible with 7.4.0

https://www.deanbassett.com
Quote · 13 Feb 2019

That's an reasonable suggestion, but I just checked about 30 of Modzzz modules and ALL are flagged 7.4.0 exactly the same as Anton's.

Quote · 13 Feb 2019

Did you actually click on a lower one first like 7.3 and then go back up to 7.4 to see if the green compatible mark shows up?

That market version selector is stupid the way it currently works as every new version of dolphin is in the list even if it's not been marked as compatible. You have to actually select them to find out.

https://www.deanbassett.com
Quote · 13 Feb 2019

You're right. I only tried a couple as you suggested and it says compatibility not specified.

Thanks for that Deano.

Quote · 13 Feb 2019

Why did Boonex jump on this?  Or is it an auto thing?   Dolphin 7.4 has not been properly tested and it certainly hasn't been tested on upgrading sites.  Boonex is so quick to push out new versions before they have been properly tested; and they are doing this with UNA as well.  Beta one day, few days later final release.  It takes time for some of us to really test as we are busy trying to make a living.  I just got an email from a client that upgraded; didn't ask me first, and now their site is loading a blank page.

Geeks, making the world a better place
Quote · 13 Feb 2019

Why did Boonex jump on this?  Or is it an auto thing?   Dolphin 7.4 has not been properly tested and it certainly hasn't been tested on upgrading sites.  Boonex is so quick to push out new versions before they have been properly tested; and they are doing this with UNA as well.  Beta one day, few days later final release.  It takes time for some of us to really test as we are busy trying to make a living.  I just got an email from a client that upgraded; didn't ask me first, and now their site is loading a blank page.

You maybe mistaken again, it isn't even close to the truth. In UNA we had 17 pre-release versions before the final version.

Dolphin we tested internally as much as we could, but to test 3rd-parties modules we are heavily dependant on the community and the 3rd-party vendors. 

@geek_girl  - you, as the member who cares about Dolphin very much, about it's quality and many other aspects of it, we're sure that you tested it very well, and since we haven't receive any complain from you we was sure there is no any bugs, and we decided to make final Dolphin release. You are valuable indicator for us we can always count on. Thank you!

Rules → http://www.boonex.com/terms
Quote · 15 Feb 2019

You maybe mistaken again, it isn't even close to the truth. In UNA we had 17 pre-release versions before the final version.

Dolphin we tested internally as much as we could, but to test 3rd-parties modules we are heavily dependant on the community and the 3rd-party vendors. 

@geek_girl  - you, as the member who cares about Dolphin very much, about it's quality and many other aspects of it, we're sure that you tested it very well, and since we haven't receive any complain from you we was sure there is no any bugs, and we decided to make final Dolphin release. You are valuable indicator for us we can always count on. Thank you!

I would have to go over to UNA to be accurate and I am not going to bother.  I know that you release UNA Beta RC13 or maybe 14; I don't remember, and then around a week later you had UNA Final out.  You know that is not enough time.  Sure enough, bugs reports started filing in the next day on UNA Final.

Here is the problem, no one takes the time to test this.  It is a lot of work, where is our incentive to spend days testing?  We are not getting paid like you are.  Does Boonex offer any pay for testing?  If so, then I might take the time.  You know when testing gets done; you release a new version, everyone upgrades to it and then it breaks sites and the bugs reports start coming in.  Just like with UNA, just like with Dolphin.  This has been happening for years with Boonex and you know it is true.

Here is what Boonex could do to fix this.  You have a RC; You have a full test site with fake members content, modules/apps what ever you want to call them.  Even have test members to come in and test after an upgrade by adding content, blog posts, articles, what have you.  I actually do that on my site.  I have a test site first, I ask members to go to test site and use it and report errors.  The problem is that you know it is tedious work and you don't want to do it but you expect us to do it for free.  And no one does because it isn't fun work.  So when they see a final release a WEEK after the RC, they say, "OH BOY!, the new version is ready to go."  When it isn't.

You seem to forget that people have jobs they need to do, Your job is coding for Boonex; maybe you need to have another job at Boonex properly testing the releases as well.  My first job is not testing code for Boonex.  I downloaded the beta but never installed it because I am doing other work that pays.  Testing Dolphin pays me nothing. 

Quote · 15 Feb 2019

And another thing, you didn't even give Developers time to be able to test the code with their modules.  So now they are scrambling, working over time; because many developers are working other jobs because Dolphin coding is not their full time job, to try and get their modules compatible.

Quote · 15 Feb 2019

You seem to forget that people have jobs they need to do, Your job is coding for Boonex; maybe you need to have another job at Boonex properly testing the releases as well.  My first job is not testing code for Boonex.  I downloaded the beta but never installed it because I am doing other work that pays.  Testing Dolphin pays me nothing.

According to you answer and many other your replies it looks lime somebody pays you good money to critique us :) 

Rules → http://www.boonex.com/terms
Quote · 17 Feb 2019

Below is the legacy version of the Boonex site, maintained for Dolphin.Pro 7.x support.
The new Dolphin solution is powered by UNA Community Management System.