Which Product?

Hello all..

I am considering buying Boonex Products (Ad-Free). I will be using them for a new Dating website with some Social network Functionalities. I am presuming that I will need Dolphin. But I am also interested in having some messaging system also. It looks like I will be getting 'Ray' as well. In the download area, there is the Dolphin + Ray (Ad-Free) + Orca.. But, when you go t purchase, it breaks up each Ray compenet as a different product. I am now confused as to what to get.

Basically, I will need a website where members can create profiles, put photos and video intros into their profiles and leave messages, winks and so on... I presume Dolphin would be sufficient for that. But I'm also interested in the Instant messaging feature... (perhaps the audio/video messenger).

1. Which download should I get?

2. Which License should I buy?

3. In Ray, the Video PLayer looks like a stand-alone product, does that mean I will need this in order for the profile video to play?

4. It's important that the entire website be ad-free.. will dowloading the script and buying the license give us a totally ad-free site?

Any help on this would be appreciated.

Thanks. 

Quote · 25 Jul 2008

Purchase Ad Free and then simply specify the Ray Mods you wish to use. By default all the ones listed come with either Ad Free or Free Dolphin downloads. If you have no interest in a Ray Mod then don't register it and remove it from your community.

For instance: Video's. I would not register Video Ray Mods and would remove the Video option from my community.

They do this for people such as yourself who want to micro manage the features.

Only license what you need or what you plan on using.

Quote · 25 Jul 2008

From what I read, it looks like Dolphin is sufficient for implementing the feature we need. So, I'll purchase the Ad-Free Licence and take out the features we wont be using.

I'm hoping I'm in the right direction.

Thanks Ghost!

Quote · 25 Jul 2008

You are! Let me know if you need anymore help.

Quote · 25 Jul 2008

If you have hosting already it might be wise to do some checking to make sure they can handle dolphin/ray/orca whatever you intend to install. Many hosts just don't meet the requirements on the server side. If you don't have a hosting account be sure to find one that does meet the requirements. You will save yourself many headaches and alot of time by doing this.

Otherwise you might consider trying out the all free versions of dolphin/ray/orca to see if it will work with your hosting. It also gives you the opportunity to play around with the features and see what it's all about without investing any money. Then if it works out wipe the site and install fresh adfree, or ad/upgrade to the paid version.

Just a couple of thoughts.

DialMe.com - Your One and Only Source For Boonex Dolphin Tutorials and Resources
Quote · 25 Jul 2008

Thanks GameUtopia!

I have already checked on the minimum requirements in the past and my host meets those requirements. I had already bought another script and installed it and been through these issues before. However, the script I bought before was so difficult to manipulate and is so rigid, I just couldnt spend the rest of my life tweaking that thing.

Hopefully, I wont be going through the same heart-aches with Dolphin.

I am wondering if the this download, which I just did only a few minutes ago, would contains the latest updates (i.e. security fixes.. etc), or, do I have to download and install those patches after installing the script?

Thanks to all!

Quote · 25 Jul 2008

Your download will aready have the fix applied, you can confirm this by looking in admin, it should show version installed 6.1.3

From the land DownUnder
Quote · 25 Jul 2008

Thanks HandConnect!

Yes! I checked and it appears that the latest version including the fix is all there.

I've installed the script.

Thanks to all!

Quote · 25 Jul 2008

Below is the legacy version of the Boonex site, maintained for Dolphin.Pro 7.x support.
The new Dolphin solution is powered by UNA Community Management System.