Would you buy from this company?

Hi all,

I bought some templates and mods from a boonex certified company. No big deal and their work is great. Cool templates and awesome mods but they have recently changed how they sell their templates and mods. At first I could get upgrades free but now they give you 2 choices:

1) Subscription to get upgrades free

2) Buy templates and mods again, every upgrade

I think this is insane even if the templates/mods are cheap. I would rather have them make the prices higher $30 for example with free upgrade.

The way they do it now, clients will have to buy again every upgrade. If boonex upgrades dolphin 10 times, you will have to buy all templates/mods you have from them 10 times.

Would you buy from this company if you knew this? Just need some opinions.

Regards,

hd4real

Quote · 8 Jul 2010

They can try how many many people will accept this. But I think most people will be gone from them. :)

Kids first
Quote · 8 Jul 2010

The unfortunate reality is, that the templates will likely need some work to be done to get them to work after an upgrade.

Out of interest, how much is the subscription?

/DM

Dolphin - Ajax Masturbation
Quote · 8 Jul 2010

That is true. Templates are a nuisance. Seems every update requires the template be changed a little to fix some problems.

Luckly i figured out how to get my mods to install on any version of D7 without worrying about version compatibility errors, but i still need to test them and fix any thing that needs fixing.

I have over 20 mods and templates now. So i understand it's a lot of work to have to do that after every dolphin update.

It's a tough one. As a developer i understand the work and the fact that most of us do not earn back our time spent on them yet i still understand the buyers point of view. It's a tough call.

https://www.deanbassett.com
Quote · 8 Jul 2010

The unfortunate reality is, that the templates will likely need some work to be done to get them to work after an upgrade.

Out of interest, how much is the subscription?

/DM

To be honest I didn't even ask what the subscription is. I was talking to one of the developers from that company. My question was about the updates if clients would get them free. I don't mind paying for stuff but subscription or buying every update is to much for me. They have not mentioned this on their website so future customers will be surprised lol.

Quote · 8 Jul 2010

That is true. Templates are a nuisance. Seems every update requires the template be changed a little to fix some problems.

Luckly i figured out how to get my mods to install on any version of D7 without worrying about version compatibility errors, but i still need to test them and fix any thing that needs fixing.

I have over 20 mods and templates now. So i understand it's a lot of work to have to do that after every dolphin update.

It's a tough one. As a developer i understand the work and the fact that most of us do not earn back our time spent on them yet i still understand the buyers point of view. It's a tough call.

Yeah, don't get me wrong. I'll pay for templates/mods but it would be better to have a $30-$50 template/mod with free upgrades instead of $5-$10 which you need subscription for or you have to buy them again each upgrade. It might be a fast way to earn money but I can imagine some might not like it at all.

Quote · 8 Jul 2010

Below is the legacy version of the Boonex site, maintained for Dolphin.Pro 7.x support.
The new Dolphin solution is powered by UNA Community Management System.