Yet ANOTHER problem with Orca

I noticed the same problem HERE on boonex as well.

When you hit return twice and try to carry on to a new line with a space between paragraphs, boonex inserts the <p>&nbsp;</p> code.

Of course that flat out doesn't work and the lines end up bunched together like you see in this post.

Is there a fix for that?

Quote · 9 Jun 2008

so you are saying you hit the return key twice like such

now this line is going to be jammed up on top of the first line when i save it?

the way i would fix that is to go into the html editor and make sure it was pushing the open and close tags and of course the nbsp would be set in that paragraph.

well let me post this and see if it does two CRLF's or if it bunches it up on here.

later,

DosDawg

When a GIG is not enough --> Terabyte Dolphin Technical Support - Server Management and Support
Quote · 9 Jun 2008

this is weird indeed

i am setting a break and using an escape character<\br>

but i know this does nothing for the CRLF not working on this editor

later

DosDawg

When a GIG is not enough --> Terabyte Dolphin Technical Support - Server Management and Support
Quote · 9 Jun 2008

Hi,

I am getting the same problem - it really bugs me. I have emailed Boonex support. I expect they will reply any minute now.

Cheers

Max

Quote · 9 Jun 2008

Hi,

This is the reply I got from Boonex. I'm wondering what html editing I should use because <br> or <p> doesnt make any dofference...

Dear Max, in Tiny editor there is possible in HTML  editing, you can
attempt to write here, if will be problem inform us.

--
Best regards, LevS
Quote · 10 Jun 2008

I've always used the Shift-Enter (twice) to create the look of a new paragraph. Works like a charm!

Here's an example.

Here's another!

Quote · 10 Jun 2008

Hi,

Wow that works! You're my hero!

Thanks

Cheers

Max

Quote · 10 Jun 2008

Hi,

This is the reply I got from Boonex. I'm wondering what html editing I should use because <br> or <p> doesnt make any dofference...

Dear Max, in Tiny editor there is possible in HTML  editing, you can
attempt to write here, if will be problem inform us.

--
Best regards, LevS

What the heck is that supposed to mean?

They expect our users to edit tinymce or is there a plac ein TinyMCE you can edit the HTML output?

Either way ti looks like they basically said "you can edit the HTML in tinymce, so you figure it out".....

Quote · 10 Jun 2008

I've always used the Shift-Enter (twice) to create the look of a new paragraph. Works like a charm!

Here's an example.

Here's another!

Thanks that's a cool trick.

But I can't expect my users to know that.

Quote · 10 Jun 2008

Hi,

Yes, thats sort of what I Thought they meant. In other words, make all your users switch to HTML and edit the HTML directly if they want your post to be properly formatted.

I emailed them back telling them that editing in the HTML directly made no difference. I'm wondering what riddle they will send back next.

But I am happy to say Shift - Enter twice is working well...

So now I have another question. Would it be possible to somehow have instructions for using that in the actual post.

I'm wondering if I can edit the top of the post boxes where they say Topic Text: and Post Reply: so I can add the wording "Tip - Use Shift-Enter Twice to create a line break"

To do that I wonder if I can edit the language strings. I noticed in Dolphin under Language strings there is nothing for Orca.

Anyone know where I can go to edit Language Strings in Orca?

Cheers

Max

Quote · 10 Jun 2008

Yeah I plan on doing that as a temporary fix until I figure out how to fix it permanently. I'll let ya know what I find.

Quote · 10 Jun 2008

its really a tiny mce problem.. google for tiny mce and if you wish update to there newest version.  tiny mce is in so many website packages and it is not related to boonex in anyway, shape, or form.  

a nice editer i like to use is put out by cutesoft... 100 times better then tiny mce but its not free either

https://dolphin-techs.com - Skype: Dolphin Techs
Quote · 11 Jun 2008

Hi,

So what would we have to do to replace the editor? Can I just get a new version and swap it into a folder somewhere?

Cheers

Max

PS - Boonex got back to me again and are looking into it further. I will keep everyone posted as to the outcome.

Quote · 11 Jun 2008

Hi Guys,

Boonex got back to me and this is their reply -

Hi, about first question - spaces between paragraphs you can solve it
by this method - go to this path groups/orca/layout/base/css/blank.css
and changes tag P on this code

p
{
margin:10 10 10 10;
padding:10 10 10 10;
}

about second question - soon will be released new version of Dolphin
6.1.2 your bugs are fixed in this package.

--
Best regards, LevS

My 2nd question was the problem I have been getting with editing of deleting messages in Orca and then receiving an "access denied: you need to be logged in" even though I had been logged-in.

I have had that problem on my own Orca forum and here on Boonex too.

Cheers

Max

Quote · 12 Jun 2008

I to get the same thing when i edit or delete a post on all my dolphin 6.1.1 installs.

https://dolphin-techs.com - Skype: Dolphin Techs
Quote · 13 Jun 2008

That is inserted by the tnymce. You can find a new version of it. or make  a fix in that.

----
Quote · 14 Jun 2008

Hi,

I have been working with Boonex for a week now to fix this. They have fixed it on my site. They say this is what they did.

Firstly this is the file they have been playing with:

orca/layout/base_en/css/main.css

Then they took that file and changed the following: (and this in their words)

in main.css after this code:

.post_text_sr
{
line-height:normal;
}

needs insert this code:

.post_text p
{
margin: 10px;
}

that is all.

Mine works now without me having to do anything, they fixed it. Hopefully this fix works for everyone else.

Cheers

Max

Quote · 16 Jun 2008

Below is the legacy version of the Boonex site, maintained for Dolphin.Pro 7.x support.
The new Dolphin solution is powered by UNA Community Management System.