YouTube making thumb nail to big

Hi i wanted to see if you had a answer on why this was happening, I upgraded to 1.6 and it was fine for the 1st week or two but now the thumb nail is big and mess up the home page layout see photos thank you for the help

Quote · 3 Sep 2015

Most probably ffmpeg binary can't be run, please check if it has appropriate permissions and proper ffmpeg for your OS is used.

Rules → http://www.boonex.com/terms
Quote · 4 Sep 2015

As AlexT indicated indirectly, ffmpeg generates the thumbanil when embedding a YouTube video.  You can safely set ffmpeg permissions to 777..

Geeks, making the world a better place
Quote · 4 Sep 2015

The permission was not set to 777 so i changed it but still the thumb nail won't size up normal. Any other idea's

Quote · 4 Sep 2015

The thumb nail is only big on the home page outline. Everywhere else it looks normal. Any idea's

Quote · 4 Sep 2015

PM a link to your website so I can see.

Quote · 5 Sep 2015

The thumb nail is only big on the home page outline. Everywhere else it looks normal. Any idea's

I'd like to see your site too, as my test site embedding the original Boonex video works fine in the timeline.

http://michaelandbrian.com/72/

ManOfTeal.COM a Proud UNA site, six years running strong!
Quote · 5 Sep 2015

Am not able to PM you but just add .net after my name and you will find my website, last month it was working and one day it just stop sizing them right so i had to remove the videos but not every video does this on the homepage only. Do you think when the update comes out it will fix the problem

Quote · 5 Sep 2015

Am not able to PM you but just add .net

I will check that.

On side note, I thought "starter" account could PM members with the new changes.

Quote · 5 Sep 2015

Looking now at the site and reading... your an upgrade to 7.1.6

Somewhere along your upgrades something must have happened.

This issue, big thumbnails in timeline or embed, has been addressed by a fix.

Did this just happen?

Quote · 5 Sep 2015

As AlexT indicated indirectly, ffmpeg generates the thumbanil when embedding a YouTube video.  You can safely set ffmpeg permissions to 777..

As GG and AlexT stated, make sure the permissions are correct too.

Quote · 5 Sep 2015

Signed up and looking at the site.. need so much more info about the update or upgrade of your site.

You state that is just started, that does not make sense.

Quote · 5 Sep 2015

The permission was not set to 777 so i changed it but still the thumb nail won't size up normal. Any other idea's

That should correct the problem with new items that are uploaded. But it will not deal with anything that has already been uploaded. Once uploaded and processing is done, then it's done. Only way to correct that one is to delete it and upload it again so it can be properly processed.

https://www.deanbassett.com
Quote · 5 Sep 2015

i re-uploaded the ffmpeg and set to 777 but all the new uploads thumb nail are big  like the 3 i just posted for you to see

Quote · 5 Sep 2015

Looking now at the site and reading... your an upgrade to 7.1.6

Somewhere along your upgrades something must have happened.

This issue, big thumbnails in timeline or embed, has been addressed by a fix.

Did this just happen?

this happen a month ago after i upgraded. it was working for a few days then it just started upload thumb nails all crazy

Quote · 5 Sep 2015

On side note, I thought "starter" account could PM members with the new changes.

We have to send them a PM first and then they can respond.

Quote · 5 Sep 2015

this happen a month ago after i upgraded. it was working for a few days then it just started upload thumb nails all crazy

If it was working after your upgrade and then stopped working, something must have changed.  You have to try and figure out what changed.  Think about server changes, sites changes, new modules added or removed, etc.

Quote · 5 Sep 2015

That's what I thought an informed of that... thanks GG.

Quote · 5 Sep 2015

If it was working after your upgrade and then stopped working, something must have changed.  You have to try and figure out what changed.  Think about server changes, sites changes, new modules added or removed, etc.

Ok i will think if anything changed. do you think the upgrade to 7.2 will fix it

Quote · 5 Sep 2015

That's what I thought an informed of that... thanks GG.

When i reply to the PM it still says that i can't massage at my lvl. I hope the 7.2 upgrade fix's it

Quote · 5 Sep 2015

do you think the upgrade to 7.2 will fix it

It very much sounds like ffmepg is not processing the videos and generating the proper thumbnails.  If that is the case, then probably no.  There is no upgrade patch at the moment to 7.2.  I would concentrate on fixing this issue BEFORE upgrading; you don't want to bring another parameter (an upgrade) into the mix.

Quote · 5 Sep 2015

When i reply to the PM it still says that i can't massage at my lvl

Maybe that has not been done yet, it was suggested and Andrew said OK but there are many new things that are yet to be added.

Quote · 5 Sep 2015

i re uploaded ffmepg and changed it to 777

333.png · 156.4K · 602 views
777.png · 576.1K · 600 views
Quote · 5 Sep 2015

i re uploaded ffmepg and changed it to 777

If you did, that is not going to correct what is already on the site.

Quote · 5 Sep 2015

Please approve my membership for testing on your site.

Quote · 5 Sep 2015

Thanks, I still think it goes back to this..

http://www.boonex.com/forums/topic/Video-Thumbs-in-Outline-Are-Too-Large.htm#196564

[edit] Are you running a windows server?

Quote · 5 Sep 2015

Thanks, I still think it goes back to this..

http://www.boonex.com/forums/topic/Video-Thumbs-in-Outline-Are-Too-Large.htm#196564

[edit] Are you running a windows server?

No, Here are my spec's, i got this server because they support Dolphin

Apache Version 2.2.29
PHP Version 5.3.29
MySQL Version 5.5.42-cll
Architecture x86_64
Operating System linux
Quote · 5 Sep 2015

OK, seems we are getting nowhere.

I did a site search for this as I'm sure others are...

http://www.boonex.com/forums/topic/Problem-with-thumbnail-video-in-outline.htm

As I cannot show the link for the search for these related problems since the Boonex site update...

This is what I did, https://www.google.com/#q=video+thumbnails+site:boonex.com

maybe some of those can enlighten you on what to do since it seems to be your server setup.

Quote · 5 Sep 2015

Is it possible you set the size of the thumbnail large in your video settings thinking you were setting the size for another area?  Check those settings.

Quote · 5 Sep 2015

Is it possible you set the size of the thumbnail large in your video settings thinking you were setting the size for another area?  Check those settings.

I have re-set the video settings again but it still post different thumb nails sizes

Quote · 5 Sep 2015

Am at a dead end i think its my server because i just installed 7.2 on my server with the FTP 3 times and with Softaculous and i can't even add a YouTube video when i hit the button nothing seems to happen, should i get another server? what do you think i should do

Quote · 5 Sep 2015

What does the server logs show?  Check for php error logs, access logs, etc.

Quote · 5 Sep 2015

I restored a backup and it removed the problem so i guess i will do backups every week so if this happens again i don't haft to go back so far and for the 7.2 not working with the fresh instill am still looking into that

Quote · 5 Sep 2015

If restoring a backup fixed the problem then you know it is not server related except for file permissions.  Look at what is different from the backup to the one that is broken, unless you just overwrote the problem site.and no longer have it for comparison.  You either changes something since you did that backup or something happened to corrupt files or similar.

Quote · 5 Sep 2015

If restoring a backup fixed the problem then you know it is not server related except for file permissions.  Look at what is different from the backup to the one that is broken, unless you just overwrote the problem site.and no longer have it for comparison.  You either changes something since you did that backup or something happened to corrupt files or similar.

OK i will do that thank you for all your help

Quote · 5 Sep 2015

I fix the problem by restoring to an older point then restoring back today's point and it workedSealed Thanks for all your help

Quote · 6 Sep 2015

Below is the legacy version of the Boonex site, maintained for Dolphin.Pro 7.x support.
The new Dolphin solution is powered by UNA Community Management System.