cant'edit orca css ...

hello I have this problem: When I try to change the css of orca I can not do it ... in FTP, I can not overwrite the file main.css.
The owner of the files and folders in ftp is: ftpuser ftpgroup

How can I fix this?

Quote · 27 Jun 2008

To change the css of orca you can change /orca/layout/base/css/main.css you will be able to over write this file.

Then to update the changes you have to recompile the language file for orca. Go to admin panel orca administration and compile/recompile the language file by clicking on the little "en" in the top right corner.

I find that afterwards depending on the browser I do also have to close my browser completely out and then go back to orca to make sure it really happened.

Hope that makes sense.
gameutopia

DialMe.com - Your One and Only Source For Boonex Dolphin Tutorials and Resources
Quote · 27 Jun 2008

Hi,

You may have a permissions problem with your host. I had the same problem. Using Host For Web I was unable to change stuff after the install. I had to email HFW to get them to change the permissions so I could do it all myself.

Cheers

Max

Quote · 27 Jun 2008

yes this can be happen, the rights are then set to apache. You need root access to set the rights back to user. Or ask your provider to that for you.

The same you will get if you want to delete Orca from your server.

Kids first
Quote · 27 Jun 2008

This is true if you can not over write the file it is because you do not have the necessary permission to change as kllerhaai said the folder/file was created as apache instead of user.

But as I mentioned in the previous post, it will allow you make the changes to the css by uploading to base/css/main.css and then recompile in your admin panel.

You can also check out mr powless blog for more info at:
http://www.boonex.com/unity/blog/entry/Orca_css_issues_This_will_help_

Anyway hope you get this sorted out.

DialMe.com - Your One and Only Source For Boonex Dolphin Tutorials and Resources
Quote · 27 Jun 2008

Below is the legacy version of the Boonex site, maintained for Dolphin.Pro 7.x support.
The new Dolphin solution is powered by UNA Community Management System.