change database password

I was recently hacked and several key things deleted ect with al the usual bullshit that these people do. I have almost fixed my site but i am trying to change my database password. I found this 

https://www.boonex.com/forums/topic/Change-DataBase-Password.htm

but its from 2009 and also when I did a search for header.inc.php i found 250 files! Am I expected to change everyone of those? how is that even going to be possible? is there a simple way to change my pw without editing 250 files?

Quote · 17 Sep 2017

Dolphin has two valid header.inc.php files :

inc/header.inc.php

modules/boonex/forum/inc/header.inc.php

You should make the changes to inc/header.inc.php

Paypal email is jeromemingo@gmail.com - http://www.boonex.com/market/posts/modzzz
Quote · 17 Sep 2017

when i made the change to inc/header.inc.php a few things still worked, but a lot of other things like videos, templates ect broke so i am still stuck with this crappy password that can clearly be hacked

Quote · 17 Sep 2017

You still have problems.  I assumed you changed the password to the database that MySQL/MariaDB; what ever database you are using; you should also change the user of the database.  Once you do that, then in order for Dolphin to be able to access the database, you go to inc/header.inc.php and put in the user and password for the database.  Changing the database user and password will not affect the modules and templates because they all operate off of the same user:password of your database.  Now, you may need to examine and see if they changed any of the permissions for the database user; such as being able to alter tables.

Geeks, making the world a better place
Quote · 17 Sep 2017

I ended up completely stripping my site, re installing dolphin because my host said I may have a random file on there thats running a script. So i  reinstalled dolphin and had a blank slate and the missing templates folder issue stopped. However I installed my superdooper template, social connections (modzz) and groups cover ( IlBelloDelWeb) and it started deleting the templates folder and messing with the database again. I thought initially it was a problem with the template as I was working on an aspect of the template just as the templates folder disappeared again, however i backed up and looked at it again. I install just the template with out social connections and groups cover and found no problem, no disappearing templates folder. So now i think it must be a conflict between one either social connections or groups cover. I will back up now since my website is now stable at this point and then install one of the mods and see if i can identify the offending templates deleting monster. 

Quote · 20 Sep 2017

Your site is still compromised. Modules will not delete files. You need to seek assistance with cleaning up. Contact geek_girl, she may be available to offer her service.

Paypal email is jeromemingo@gmail.com - http://www.boonex.com/market/posts/modzzz
Quote · 20 Sep 2017

Are you running your own server?  I know you said your host but what kind of hosting?  The two modules you listed is not the source of your woes.  I also don't see the template unless it is running some php script that it shouldn't be running.

I am available for hire if you are interested.

Quote · 21 Sep 2017

The problem seems to have now stopped as quickly as it started. I deleted every single file and installed everything fresh. new database, new dolphin, new everything. of course I used proper pw's this time and a different one for everything. for now everything seems to be ok, I have no members of course, but bah it was time to make it all again anyway, i hadn't critically broken my site for months, it was TIME!

Quote · 21 Sep 2017

[01-Oct-2017 17:11:20 UTC] PHP Fatal error: require_once(): Failed opening required '/home/mysite/public_html/templates/base/scripts/BxBaseConfig.php' (include_path='.:/opt/alt/php56/usr/share/pear:/opt/alt/php56/usr/share/php') in /home/mysite/public_html/templates/tmpl_mastero/scripts/BxTemplConfig.php on line 8

its still happening, I am not being attacked, something else is going on here and i think its something to do with dolphin. I can be just working on the site and bang! i have to reload the entire thing, and to make things worse i had most completed and forgot to backup my progress. so sick of this

Quote · 1 Oct 2017

Is it a template problem?

Do the problems persist if you use a different template; the default Dolphin one for example?

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Michel - Meta-Travel.com
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

TravelNotes.org - The Online Guide to Travel
Quote · 1 Oct 2017

Is it a template problem?

Do the problems persist if you use a different template; the default Dolphin one for example?

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Michel - Meta-Travel.com
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

The file is part of the Base template; most templates pull the scripts from the base templates unless they need to make changes to them.

Quote · 2 Oct 2017

[01-Oct-2017 17:11:20 UTC] PHP Fatal error: require_once(): Failed opening required '/home/mysite/public_html/templates/base/scripts/BxBaseConfig.php' (include_path='.:/opt/alt/php56/usr/share/pear:/opt/alt/php56/usr/share/php') in /home/mysite/public_html/templates/tmpl_mastero/scripts/BxTemplConfig.php on line 8

its still happening, I am not being attacked, something else is going on here and i think its something to do with dolphin. I can be just working on the site and bang! i have to reload the entire thing, and to make things worse i had most completed and forgot to backup my progress. so sick of this

This isn't a Dolphin issue.  Check to see if the file BxBaseConfig.php exists.  If it doesn't, or if it does not have the correct permissions etc; then that is the issue.  I don't think it is the custom template either; why would it be causing BxBaseConfig.php to disappear; if that is the problem.

How are you hosting the site; your own VPS or Dedicated or some type of shared hosting? 

Quote · 2 Oct 2017

You can upload all the Dolphin files again, overwriting what is on the server; this is OK to do if you have not made any custom changes to code.  Any missing files will be re-upped.  If case something could be wrong with the template; I can't tell because I don't have the template to examine it.  If the developer is still active, then I would open a dialouge with that developer.  You could remove the template and use the EVO template and see if the problem is gone.

If you like, you can send me the template and I will examine it to see if it is adding some code that could possibly be poorly written.  PHP does support file operators.

Quote · 2 Oct 2017

when it happens now i just upload a recent version of the database and that corrects the issue. so maybe database failure?

Quote · 2 Oct 2017

That does not make any sense either.  PHP is trying to load a require file and fails.  What has the database got to do with that? It stated clearly: PHP Fatal error: require_once(): Failed opening required BxBaseConfig.php

You have issues and I guess you don't want to spend the money to fix it; which is OK.  You won't ever be able to run a Dolphin site by constantly reverting the database to a previous version.

Quote · 2 Oct 2017

well i haven't crashed and burned since that last post made here, and as for not spending money, trust me i have spent PLENTY of money from this dolphin market.   

I have stripped EVERY file and re installed dolphin. It should be working. If it isn't a dolphin issue on a clean install the problem still wouldn't be occurring right? 

and tbh if i buy dolphin and its still doing that i will have wasted my money, i got to make it work first, get my site up and running and then fork out the money. 

Quote · 6 Oct 2017

Your problem is not a Dolphin problem.  Now third party modules might cause a problem but they are not a part of Dolphin; which is why they are third party.  Plus, spending money on modules is not the same as spending money on a server admin to track down server issues.

Files can become corrupted.  I know that I had issues with Filezilla doing strange things with files.  You can upload the Dolphin zip and extract it on the server; that is better than extracting on a local hard drive and then uploading each file one by one.  Less chance of a file being corrupted during upload.

Hopefully everything will be fine for you now.  Good luck.

Quote · 6 Oct 2017

Thought I would add my two penneth.

I have never had issues downloading using filezilla.

An issue I see and hear of a lot is not doing backups.

I always (after every site change) make actual file downlads, a zipped archive of the site, database backup (shared hosting) and mysql database backup. Then repeat everytime I change anything.

If ever anything causes a FU I remove the problem by not installing that issue again.

If you are using shared hosting the host could/possibly place the file in the root of the server/cpanel as a corrupt file? If its something more technical then its beyond me, but dumping mods that dont work would definitely be what I would do. However nothing I have ever bought from the market place has ever been at fault. It was always me at fault. Not saying that its you but maybe your processes need reexamining? Possibly? I couldnt add anything to solve the issues your having sorry. Good luck.

Enhance Your Onlne Experience. 4eLife.com
Quote · 7 Oct 2017

Thought I would add my two penneth.

I have never had issues downloading using filezilla.

An issue I see and hear of a lot is not doing backups.

I always (after every site change) make actual file downlads, a zipped archive of the site, database backup (shared hosting) and mysql database backup. Then repeat everytime I change anything.

If ever anything causes a FU I remove the problem by not installing that issue again.

If you are using shared hosting the host could/possibly place the file in the root of the server/cpanel as a corrupt file? If its something more technical then its beyond me, but dumping mods that dont work would definitely be what I would do. However nothing I have ever bought from the market place has ever been at fault. It was always me at fault. Not saying that its you but maybe your processes need reexamining? Possibly? I couldnt add anything to solve the issues your having sorry. Good luck.

With shared hosting you might not be able to download server to server.  What you can do is to upload the Dolphin zip file to the server as one file and then extract on the server.  I have definitely seen FileZilla on Windows upload a file and then when you check, it has zero bytes.   My guess is that FileZilla created the file on the server but did not actually upload any bytes; or something, who knows.  It happened enough times that I stopped using FileZilla.  However, I don't tend to use Windows now having switched entirely to Linux and what few Windows proggys often run just fine under WINE.

Quote · 8 Oct 2017

Which Linux with Wine do you use? Ubuntu?

Quote · 10 Oct 2017

Which Linux with Wine do you use? Ubuntu?

I use Linux Mint, Cinnamon flavour. WINE is great but there are times when things are not so smooth.  I liked psPad code editor and it does run under WINE but I do have it to "lock up" at times.  I will say that Linux has a better kill process for killing programmes than Windows.  I have tried to kill processes under Windows where even using the command line they refused to die.  The BlueFish editor is good though and it is a native Linux app.

https://linuxmint.com/

You can download the disc and it will function as a live cd allowing you to load Linux Mint and see how it works.  Of course you can not save to disc.  Linux will read NTFS file systems.  Networking to the Windows Laptop was just clicking on the network icon. 

Quote · 11 Oct 2017

Looks interesting, I will have to check it out. Thanks GG

Quote · 12 Oct 2017

Below is the legacy version of the Boonex site, maintained for Dolphin.Pro 7.x support.
The new Dolphin solution is powered by UNA Community Management System.