disappointed

I've posted a couple of big questions here and got no response - apart from one member who offered some help.

Ray still does not work - it will not accept my serials. Obviously, this is a problem for several users, so please make it easier, Boonex.

My install of dolphin/free ray is missing something - when I click on blogs or music etc, it leads to a 404 error. I re-downloaded and reinstalled in a different folder on my server and got the same problem.

I'd like to be able to use this software suite, but unless I can get these fundamental problems fixed, I'll be moving on - again. I tried Boonex some months ago, and had the same problems, and got no responses in the forums then either.

Quote · 12 Aug 2008

mr answer finder,

if you were to search the forums using the keywords you just posted "404 Errors on install" you would find there are plenty of answers. as for the install and the pages serving 404's that is a typical problem many have had, myself included, however, after reading just a few posts, it was quickly remedied. what i believe is going on with your install, is one of two things. your hosting doesnt have mod_rewrite enabled, or your server or your ftp is not allowing the .htaccess to be transferred when you are pushing your files up to the server via ftp. so open the htaccess on the server using a file editor or from shell using an editor and then open the htaccess that is default with the dolphin compressed file, and report back to us what you find. you may have to force the rewrite of the htaccess that is on the server, or you may have to find another route to get it pushed up on the server if the server is the problem.

and you should reconsider your disappointment, as we are disappointed at those of you who fail to use the search tool for this forum.

if you need more help please post back and let us know.

later,
DosDawg

When a GIG is not enough --> Terabyte Dolphin Technical Support - Server Management and Support
Quote · 12 Aug 2008

thanks for the fast response. It is appreciated.

Ah, there's an .htaccess file included with the install? As it begins with a period, my mac doesn't see it – files beginning with periods on macs are invisible. I checked the install folder for invisible files and found none. Could you possibly paste the default contents into a reply so I can create one?

In my php.ini file, I just have the following:

safe_mode = Off

register_globals = Off

Should I add 

mod_rewrite to this?

thanks again

Quote · 12 Aug 2008

no response. Hmmm. Sounds familiar! 

I'm deleting boonex. 

IT DOES NOT WORK

Quote · 13 Aug 2008

Hehe,

you so fast,

so, yes, if you have any troubles with links - yes, this mean that just .htaccess not works at all at your server, just enable mod_rewrite

Next, impossible to enter licenses, your site should be able to be connected with boonex.com server at this moment,

recheck it

Quote · 1 Sep 2008

Very faint hearted... you're probably right to move on.

no response. Hmmm. Sounds familiar!

I'm deleting boonex.

IT DOES NOT WORK

There are none so blind as those that will not see.
Quote · 1 Sep 2008

Before I planned to delete boonex as my social network site. But, with all my heart and being loyalty in this software. I made some things to far.

We ALL KNOW THE FACT that support is VERY LOW but LeonidS is trying his best to support us.

I am always encountering very pity when i get hack or some errors. But LeonidS saves me always. He always helping me.

BUT, Many members are trying their best to help you (with or without fee).

Hope you will come back!

Regards,
Merkado

Quote · 28 Sep 2008

Below is the legacy version of the Boonex site, maintained for Dolphin.Pro 7.x support.
The new Dolphin solution is powered by UNA Community Management System.