memory_limit = 12M

Bug reports,

I noticed that several of your postings refer to "blank pages" after set up.  We experienced the same thing, and tried a second machine with more current php and higher memory capacity.

What we found was an intermittent error relating to memory.

The following change can be made in the /etc/php.ini file:

#memory_limit = 8M      ; Maximum amount of memory a script may consume (8MB)
memory_limit = 12M      ;

I believe that you would then need to restart php.

....or, we found that this worked just as well:

In the dolphin file: /inc/header.inc.php

Add this line to the beginning, just before the line:

$site['ver']               = '6.1';

ini_set("memory_limit","12M");

Not sure why Dolphine requires so much memory without any content, but it does.

We are testing this for operation as a new service to be added to CLICKIT.com at http://www.clickit.com/social/  If we like it we'll also add it to our business networking service at BizWiz.com.

Hope that helps.

Arthur Rosenfield
CLICKIT / BizWiz / CityEntree
212-692-0704
Quote · 5 Jul 2008

Hi there. I did it on header.inc.php but nothing has changed and I still receive bank pages or "
Fatal error: Allowed memory size of 67108864 bytes exhausted (tried to allocate 20407 bytes)"                

My memory_limit is 64M.

Is there any clue to solve it, or even install a "light" version of Orca? I still can't understand why this script loads all this buffer memory...

Quote · 7 Jul 2008

Hi there. I did it on header.inc.php but nothing has changed and I still receive bank pages or "
Fatal error: Allowed memory size of 67108864 bytes exhausted (tried to allocate 20407 bytes)"

My memory_limit is 64M.

Is there any clue to solve it, or even install a "light" version of Orca? I still can't understand why this script loads all this buffer memory...

i think bizwiz wants you to increase it in the php.ini first then add it to the header.inc.php file. bizwiz correct me if i am wrong.

later,

DosDawg

stand corrected, re-read the post and it says to edit the header.inc.php file strange. dont see how you can use more memory on a script than is allocated by the server though.

later,

DosDawg

When a GIG is not enough --> Terabyte Dolphin Technical Support - Server Management and Support
Quote · 7 Jul 2008

I tried editing the php.ini file. but that didn't work.  I am guessing that it would have worked if I restarted php on the server.

Then I tried putting the second snippet into the script that was giving me the error.  That worked fine.  But another script had the same problem.  I then added it to the most central script.  That worked for everything.

I just checked.  I see that my /etc/php.ini script has the line I stated above.  Maybe that is the one that is working.  Maybe you need both. Dunno.  It is working for me.

I am betting that this is a problem for lots of people.

Arthur

Quote · 8 Jul 2008

Below is the legacy version of the Boonex site, maintained for Dolphin.Pro 7.x support.
The new Dolphin solution is powered by UNA Community Management System.